Washington @ Oregon Gamethread

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
justafan":idt9of21 said:
It was an easy kick.he should have had it
Agree. Was at a highschool game last night a saw a kicker make one from 39 yards with room to spare.
It should be a fairly automatic kick.

Maulbert

Reaction score
CPHawk":2web7onv said:
Maulbert":2web7onv said:
JSeahawks":2web7onv said:
Just ducks doing what ducks do.

Ducks didn't win shit. Damn Huskies handed them the game on a silver platter.

Gardner Minchew's gonna shred you like an Enron document.

13 of 15

I'm a Cougar fan who hates the Ducks. I like it when the Huskies beat the Ducks, but I have no emotional investment in the Huskies.

And 1,484 is the number of days since the last time Oregon beat WSU.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WSUCougars/status/653026842572488704[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WSUCougars/status/782448105253810176[/tweet]

CPHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":1fk0b5re said:
CPHawk":1fk0b5re said:
Maulbert":1fk0b5re said:
JSeahawks":1fk0b5re said:
Just ducks doing what ducks do.

13 of 15

I'm a Cougar fan who hates the Ducks. I like it when the Huskies beat the Ducks, but I have no emotional investment in the Huskies.

I've got no emotion about WSU. No hate at all honestly, just another game. But you all should be thanking UO. We just delivered game day to the middle of no where for WSU.

Maulbert

Reaction score
CPHawk":13javnlr said:
Maulbert":13javnlr said:
CPHawk":13javnlr said:
Maulbert":13javnlr said:

13 of 15

I've got no emotion about WSU. No hate at all honestly, just another game. But you all should be thanking UO. We just delivered game day to the middle of no where for WSU.

You haven't been around for my back-and-forth with JSea for the last 3 years, have you? I don't really care what you think.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":26nky7fd said:
CPHawk":26nky7fd said:
Maulbert":26nky7fd said:
CPHawk":26nky7fd said:

You haven't been around for my back-and-forth with JSea for the last 3 years, have you? I don't really care what you think.

Awesome! LOL. If I ever run into you in person Maul, first drink is on me!
You are my favorite WSU fan!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
My favorite Gif is the same picture but instead of dying from dysentery, you died from pumping gas. 8)

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I can't be too disappointed. We got a competitive, back & forth game for 4+ quarters between two pretty good teams. That's something this rivalry hasn't seen in a couple decades.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Lets talk recruiting. Oregon recruits talent and goons over OKGs. Petersen goes after OKGs before talent and goons. Petersen needs to change his philosophy in recruiting. We don’t need any more Ben Burr Kirven type players. We need intimidators. Idc if the kid has character issues. Coaches can fix that especially with kids. They just need a role model or some adult to steer them in the right direction. This isn’t Boise St or the Mountain West anymore and Petersen needs to recruit like what any top program would do. Talent over character. We don’t need anymore choir boys, we need a freakin pass rusher who puts fear into the QB. No more soft ass players who are OKGs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justafan

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1zeehtxx said:
Lets talk recruiting. Oregon recruits talent and goons over OKGs. Petersen goes after OKGs before talent and goons. Petersen needs to change his philosophy in recruiting. We don’t need any more Ben Burr Kirven type players. We need intimidators. Idc if the kid has character issues. Coaches can fix that especially with kids. They just need a role model or some adult to steer them in the right direction. This isn’t Boise St or the Mountain West anymore and Petersen needs to recruit like what any top program would do. Talent over character. We don’t need anymore choir boys, we need a freakin pass rusher who puts fear into the QB. No more soft ass players who are OKGs.

I disagree with your whole premise on building a team. As a Husky fan I would enjoy the time Peterson is the coach here and what he has accomplished. He will probably be the best coach UW has in your lifetime.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert, no duck fan here has talked crap to you or said anything negative about WSU. Yet you act like we have. The only arrogant one here, is you. And it's funny that your so offended by what we said about UW, it's like you're the little sister. Which is exactly how UW fans view WSU and it's fans.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
CPHawk":nfdboykb said:
Maulbert, no duck fan here has talked crap to you or said anything negative about WSU. Yet you act like we have. The only arrogant one here, is you. And it's funny that your so offended by what we said about UW, it's like you're the little sister. Which is exactly how UW fans view WSU and it's fans.

Both sets of fans seem desperate for some validation..

dopeboy206

Reaction score
justafan":1n788kag said:
dopeboy206":1n788kag said:

I disagree with your whole premise on building a team. As a Husky fan I would enjoy the time Peterson is the coach here and what he has accomplished. He will probably be the best coach UW has in your lifetime.
So you’re okay with landing undersize LBs and slow guys who can’t rush the QB? Do you seriously think Ben Burr Kirven will start on any of the teams in the top 10? Lol. I don’t care if he leads the team in tackles or had 19 tackles yesterday. A lot of that was him getting trucked and I blame our LBs yesterday. Oregon attacked his ass and that’s why he had 19 tackles. 0 of them were for losses lol. Recruiting is everything in football and we can’t continue to recruit these type of players if we want to compete with the big boys.

We need goons. Not choir boys on defense. I like the fact that BBK is a try hard undersize LB but he won’t start on any national championship team. Petersen needs to start going after bullies when it comes to recruiting. If we miss out on Savell Smalls a local 5 star kid I would be really upset.

justafan

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2i3zs1ov said:
justafan":2i3zs1ov said:
dopeboy206":2i3zs1ov said:

So you’re okay with landing undersize LBs and slow guys who can’t rush the QB? Do you seriously think Ben Burr Kirven will start on any of the teams in the top 10? Lol. I don’t care if he leads the team in tackles or had 19 tackles yesterday. A lot of that was him getting trucked and I blame our LBs yesterday. Oregon attacked his ass and that’s why he had 19 tackles. 0 of them were for losses lol. Recruiting is everything in football and we can’t continue to recruit these type of players if we want to compete with the big boys.

We need goons. Not choir boys on defense. I like the fact that BBK is a try hard undersize LB but he won’t start on any national championship team. Petersen needs to start going after bullies when it comes to recruiting. If we miss out on Savell Smalls a local 5 star kid I would be really upset.

I would love to have Alabamas LBs and O and D lineman, but we dont live in the talent rich south.We have our hands full getting our share of west coast talent and keeping up with oregons recruiting...who didnt beat us with low character players or goons.

Im gratefull for having a great coach who wants to win with his values.I was ok with it during the James era before all the trouble and I am now.I love the direction he has this program going.

mrblitz

Reaction score
'values and the james era'... some people have a different opinion. when james went recruiting for team speed, he might have picked up a couple or three 'thuggish' players. i really don't know, and have just heard things, which may or may not have been true... ymmv

JSeahawks

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3khm8hdc said:

Just curious, which of Oregon’s players are goons? They all seem like pretty good dudes off the field. Bottom line is that the Ducks staff outworks UW's staff on the recruiting trail, there's no doubt about it. They're probably the hardest recruiting staff in the country right now. (Definitely was not that way under Helfrich and Kelly)