Was Jeremy Lane held?

9ersfaninNY

Reaction score
nsport":2xfi6chw said:
9ersfaninNY":2xfi6chw said:
Again, I apologized for coming in and being obnoxious, I don't know what more you want from me.......

It's not necessarily you, NY - the audacity and nature of comments from the 49er fans who only show up when there's something exploit is really obnoxious. I'm sure it's the same thing out in the NY where 5 teams are within a couple hours drive of each other. Here, there is us, the Niners, Raiders, and the Bolts. So the proximity thing between Seattle and the Bay Area means mixing fan bases. However, the Niner fan base on this board has never been very sensible - in fact, mostly argumentative and hiding under poorly veiled points. Usually comes back to the 5 rings thing or their occasional rise to the NFC West championship.

I've said in other posts, and to be fair to the OP in this thread - Jeremy Lane was held. Do the Seahawks hold? Yes. My point in this whole call/no-call situation is do it the same on both sides. Most of the Niner drives were aided by calls that are not normally called, or if they are it's pretty obvious that a flag should have been thrown. Mea culpa, right? So on the Niner side, to have so many blatant holding calls on the OL and on plays like that Lane hold, it has to be called to equalize the game impact.

I can appreciate that.....where I'm from it's mostly Giant fans ......

Burnplant

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pic of .gif of the Jeremy Lane hold?

Here's a pic of Sherman being held on the Gore 51 yard run, with a ref right by him no less. This also explains why Thomas was "out of position", he probably thought Sherman was going to close and didn't want Gore going left.

http://twitter.com/BestGuyAround/status ... 24/photo/1

I believe that given Harbaugh's emphasis on flags for holding, Seahawk fans have a valid beef with the fact that the flags weren't flying both ways. Aikmen and Buck told us endlessly that Harbaugh is against uncalled holding.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Gawwwwwwwwd, that linked image ruined my day. I didn't see that hold in real time. Another batch of anger I can do nothing with.

Pugfacehump

JerHawk81

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seaha ... highlights Around 2:23.

A few things about the play:

1- Maxwell goes back and outside, and is 5 yards deep before being blocked. If he steps up into the hole, this run fails.
2 - Wagner takes a miss-step to start the play and then takes a bad angle. If he reads run to start and take a good angle, this run fails.
3- Clemons was fooled, and gets put on his butt to start the play. If he keeps his feet and goes with the play or interrupts a puller, this run fails.
4 - If McDonald gets off his block going south rather than north, this run fails.

And even with all of that said, when I slow it way down, I'm not sure Kap even got the first down (it looks like his right shin hit while his left hand was behind the line to gain).

So, we had every chance to stop him.

With that said, yes, Lane and Maxwell were both held.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":nqkb0anb said:
A gif of the play in real time would be better evidence.
Check the highlight package in the post below yours. I just did, and it's pretty depressing. I guess if I missed that in real time, then the refs are entitled to as well? That's a game-breaking no-call, wow.

Burnplant

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":1zx7fcxk said:
dontbelikethat":1zx7fcxk said:
A gif of the play in real time would be better evidence.
Check the highlight package in the post below yours. I just did, and it's pretty depressing. I guess if I missed that in real time, then the refs are entitled to as well? That's a game-breaking no-call, wow.

It is at 2:09 in the link posted by JerHawk above. It is more depressing in real time.

If that was a Seahawks doing that on a Lynch run, that's an easy flag.

The Niner "held" Sherman back from making a play.

Latest posts