Want To Attend Seahawks Games in 2021? Get Vaccinated

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This thread is now completely unrelated to Seahawks football outside of the main topic and a select few replies.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Good point Mael. So here is how I see it for games. Not our games, but all games:

Outdoor seating doesn't carry the same risk that indoor does. But to get outdoors, you have to be indoors. You and your kids will at least be in an indoor environment to go to the bathroom, let alone all the swag/food stuff located usually, primarily, indoors.

As much as this sucks, the government nor the league as a business is going to help here to keep your kids segregated or safe. And the 11 and unders don't have the option of just getting the shot to at least reduce the risk.

No one's going to be open to children-only seating, so at this point everyone has to weigh the risk for their personal child.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3q7j0vsy said:
pittpnthrs":3q7j0vsy said:
TwistedHusky":3q7j0vsy said:
Pitt,

Going to answer the question for you because I asked the EHS and Security executives the same thing.

It is the carrot and stick thing.

The reason they are lifting the mask requirements is because they want to create an incentive for people on the fence to get the shots. Sure people who won't get them will unmask and pretend they did. There are people faking the vaccination cards too. Those people are the 20% they know they won't get.

They want the 20% on the fence, so even though it isn't riskless - you promise people the option of going maskless once you have the shots. It encourages more people to step forward. And by their numbers it works.*

Not sure kids are at much risk, they are a greater concern as potential carriers...but we don't know all the long term impact of asymptomatic Covid and most kids haven't been tested for it so we aren't even sure how many had Covid anyway. (We do know that a fair % of asymptomatic people did permanently have their oxygen %s impacted so it isn't riskless)

* It probably does not hurt that reopening and letting people go maskless encourage more commerce, which lets the economy recover as well

As to this being a 'trash thread' and not relevant?

...sigh

If you plan on going to Seahawk games, and I am, this IS important information. And you plan on attending you want your fellow fans to either have had the shots or to wear a mask. Completely relevant to Seahawk fans, not even remotely political.

So let me get this straight. They are lifting the mask requirements in hopes that the unvaccinated will feel jealous that they still have to wear masks while the vaccinated do not, thus provoking the unvaccinated to a point that they will go and get the shots? Lol. Thats the silliest thing i've ever heard. Do you see the error in that line of thinking? If we are to be honest, lifting the mask requirements is a scheme in hopes that Covid cases will spike so that the unvaccinated will feel pressure to get the shots. Thats all.

Look Pitt. You've made it clear you're just going to do what you're going to do like going to games unmasked like anyone else. Even though you could be a superspreader and not figure it out until county health gets involved, you won't care. You dismiss this as a possibility in toto, it seems, as long as it doesn't lead back to you.

That therefore incentivizes more people to get vaxed themselves. And their eligible children. So that if they do choose to go scream at a game, they worry about you far less.

There is a discrete cohert between them. About 4 to 11. That's about the age that most people were taken to their first game and remember it. And unlike old people or anyone else, they're instantly identifiable. No one 11 and under can get a vax yet.

Is it such a big ask to just put a mask around such people?

I never once said I would not wear a mask. I only asked why the mask requirements were being lifted with all the paranoia around. Also, its seems like the people most concerned with children getting infected are those most adamant about taking them to the games.

I've said it more than once in this thread that I have no issues with getting the vaccination when they are finally FDA approved. I feel there is still too many unanswered questions and data being collected. Once its all sorted out, i'll be first in line. Until then though, people who arent getting the vaccine for their own personal reasons shouldnt be looked upon as Satan, and thats exactly how the pro vaccination people treat you.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
BocciHawk":1kf9kt7i said:
Actually, if you look at typical death rates, the number of COVID-19 deaths is probably underreported by a factor of two i.e. we probably had twice as many die of COVID-19 than reported.

The death rate in this country -- deaths per capita -- is incredibly stable year after year.

So the giant spike last year was super obvious and really noticeable, especially given that flu deaths were non existent.

Last year was the first year in a long long time that life expectancy in the United States dropped, and it dropped a lot, more than a year.

So, make whatever claims you want, but the numbers don't lie. Deaths were up massively across the entire United States.

I disagree with this totally. I feel Covid deaths have been over blown tremendously. I have so many family members in the medical field admitting that their respected hospitals got payouts for anything labeled as Covid regardless of the actual ailments. Thousands die every year from the flu so why do you feel flu deaths were non existent? Because they were all labeled as Covid even if it wasnt. The death toll numbers are bloated if anything.

Spohawks

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":95ocdizg said:
Spohawks":95ocdizg said:
Numbers don't lie but the reasons can come from all areas. Baby boomers dieing and real deaths reported could have been a factor.

Regardless, when a person flys through a windshield from a car accident/ people shot and its reported a Covid death...there is a scam brewing. Why be a sucker when the facts are in front of you? Don't get played.

George Floyd was found to have had covid in his system. No one's saying George Floyd died of covid.

Covid should be cited when there's a reasonable supposition that it caused the death. It clearly cost the nursing home population dearly. Most of these people were probably going to die within some years of something anyway, but they died in 2020 because covid hit them especially hard.

They got vaxed, over 80 percent of them. They have gone back to dying and being hospitalized for other things with barely an issue. Their case counts are way down and the homes are starting to open these Mother's Day and Father's Day events.

Covid's such a big deal, still, that it's to everyone's advantage to just eliminate as a problem to the extent every individual can so that the docs if required have more time to deal with whatever else that is going on.
I am not bored enough to look up the details but NPR said Floyd had SARS-CoV-2...which causes the virus, but is not covid. They could be wrong though.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2t30wr1l said:
SantaClaraHawk":2t30wr1l said:
pittpnthrs":2t30wr1l said:
TwistedHusky":2t30wr1l said:
Pitt,

Going to answer the question for you because I asked the EHS and Security executives the same thing.

It is the carrot and stick thing.

The reason they are lifting the mask requirements is because they want to create an incentive for people on the fence to get the shots. Sure people who won't get them will unmask and pretend they did. There are people faking the vaccination cards too. Those people are the 20% they know they won't get.

They want the 20% on the fence, so even though it isn't riskless - you promise people the option of going maskless once you have the shots. It encourages more people to step forward. And by their numbers it works.*

Not sure kids are at much risk, they are a greater concern as potential carriers...but we don't know all the long term impact of asymptomatic Covid and most kids haven't been tested for it so we aren't even sure how many had Covid anyway. (We do know that a fair % of asymptomatic people did permanently have their oxygen %s impacted so it isn't riskless)

* It probably does not hurt that reopening and letting people go maskless encourage more commerce, which lets the economy recover as well

As to this being a 'trash thread' and not relevant?

...sigh

If you plan on going to Seahawk games, and I am, this IS important information. And you plan on attending you want your fellow fans to either have had the shots or to wear a mask. Completely relevant to Seahawk fans, not even remotely political.

So let me get this straight. They are lifting the mask requirements in hopes that the unvaccinated will feel jealous that they still have to wear masks while the vaccinated do not, thus provoking the unvaccinated to a point that they will go and get the shots? Lol. Thats the silliest thing i've ever heard. Do you see the error in that line of thinking? If we are to be honest, lifting the mask requirements is a scheme in hopes that Covid cases will spike so that the unvaccinated will feel pressure to get the shots. Thats all.

Look Pitt. You've made it clear you're just going to do what you're going to do like going to games unmasked like anyone else. Even though you could be a superspreader and not figure it out until county health gets involved, you won't care. You dismiss this as a possibility in toto, it seems, as long as it doesn't lead back to you.

That therefore incentivizes more people to get vaxed themselves. And their eligible children. So that if they do choose to go scream at a game, they worry about you far less.

There is a discrete cohert between them. About 4 to 11. That's about the age that most people were taken to their first game and remember it. And unlike old people or anyone else, they're instantly identifiable. No one 11 and under can get a vax yet.

Is it such a big ask to just put a mask around such people?

I never once said I would not wear a mask. I only asked why the mask requirements were being lifted with all the paranoia around. Also, its seems like the people most concerned with children getting infected are those most adamant about taking them to the games.

I've said it more than once in this thread that I have no issues with getting the vaccination when they are finally FDA approved. I feel there is still too many unanswered questions and data being collected. Once its all sorted out, i'll be first in line. Until then though, people who arent getting the vaccine for their own personal reasons shouldnt be looked upon as Satan, and thats exactly how the pro vaccination people treat you.

It's an easy question to answer.

It's because all the vaccinations caused the death/hosp/case rates to drop drastically.

Your ask is for full auth? That is coming probably this month for Pfizer. They've already submitted their data.

After that will you have another excuse? Or will you be first in line?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
We do keep them out of stores because of folks like you. It’s very inconvenient but who cares right?

I think what everyone has taken from this is that you are very smart and you’ve got it all figured out. Congrats.

pittpnthrs":2ffu4urr said:
HawkNuts":2ffu4urr said:
I’ve got to worry about my kids because of people like you. You’re selfish and your proud of it. We get it.

pittpnthrs":2ffu4urr said:
chris98251":2ffu4urr said:
You still don't understand how vaccines work I take it..................

Sure I do. People in this thread are sure to remind everyone at least one time a page. Why ask though? Was it the part where the vaccinated should have nothing to worry about?

If your that paranoid about your kids, stay home. See, no worries.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2ye7kknl said:
Your ask is for full auth? That is coming probably this month for Pfizer. They've already submitted their data.

After that will you have another excuse? Or will you be first in line?

Great. I'll stop in Walgreens and get it as soon as it happens (they offer the Pfizer).

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
HawkNuts":1kikyoyw said:
We do keep them out of stores because of folks like you. It’s very inconvenient but who cares right?

I think what everyone has taken from this is that you are very smart and you’ve got it all figured out. Congrats.

Not everybody will get vaccinated. Are you going to shelter them for the rest of their lives?

Thank you for the compliment. I'll toast you with a beer at the game.

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":bxao2t5p said:
I'm tired of hearing about the kids anyways. 0-18 years olds have a 0.1% chance of a fatality from Covid and for the ones that have died from the virus, many of them already had outlying medical issues. 95% of all Covid deaths have come from people 50 years old or older. The children bit is just another reach from the pro vaccinators.

Tell that to my Nephews kid who has a Blood clot in his brain and intestines shut down and is less then a year old with no previous ailments.

If it's not you then screw everyone else I guess.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":1ouxgty0 said:
pittpnthrs":1ouxgty0 said:
I'm tired of hearing about the kids anyways. 0-18 years olds have a 0.1% chance of a fatality from Covid and for the ones that have died from the virus, many of them already had outlying medical issues. 95% of all Covid deaths have come from people 50 years old or older. The children bit is just another reach from the pro vaccinators.

Tell that to my Nephews kid who has a Blood clot in his brain and intestines shut down and is less then a year old with no previous ailments.

If it's not you then screw everyone else I guess.

Sorry about your nephews kid. Sounds like he's that one in a million case. He got a raw deal.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
No just until they are vaccinated. But they are 2 and 5 so it will be a while.

The world isn’t binary and most of the smart people I know are taking care of their kids. Not because they think they’re going to die but the possibility of long term lung problems.

We do tons of stuff outside. Just keep them away from folks like you indoors.

It’s funny that your tired of hearing about kids because your posts sound like you’re either a kid of have a lot of growing up to do. But good luck to you and your family. The virus has touched even the most ignorant people and it will continue to do so.

pittpnthrs":2022ccgx said:
HawkNuts":2022ccgx said:

Not everybody will get vaccinated. Are you going to shelter them for the rest of their lives?

Spohawks

Reaction score
HawkNuts":2xpbe8fu said:

DANG!! Dude wants to buy Pop Tarts and breath freely...the criminal!!! "Folks like you", please get off your high horse, its embarrassing. Bigot postings will happen though I guess.

BACK ON TOPIC...The link in the OP has Inslee saying there will be special treatment for the Vaxed. I see this as a no win situation. Segragation vs ineffectiveness.

This class of people get this and that class of people get that. The media has noted the vaxed are getting "Primo seats". Now the segragation, is worse then in the 60's because at least they got separate but equal...and separate but equal still sucked.

Its ineffective because everyone still walks the same hall ways, drinks from the same fountain, uses the same bathroom, stands in the same hotdog line and so on.

The least Inslee can do is mark the fountins and bathrooms "black and white" uh sorry, "Vaxed and unvaxed.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Spohawks":t2erosym said:
HawkNuts":t2erosym said:

DANG!! Dude wants to buy Pop Tarts and breath freely...the criminal!!! "Folks like you", please get off your high horse, its embarrassing. Bigot postings will happen though I guess.

BACK ON TOPIC...The link in the OP has Inslee saying there will be special treatment for the Vaxed. I see this as a no win situation. Segragation vs ineffectiveness.

This class of people get this and that class of people get that. The media has noted the vaxed are getting "Primo seats". Now the segragation, is worse then in the 60's because at least they got separate but equal...and separate but equal still sucked.

Its ineffective because everyone still walks the same hall ways, drinks from the same fountain, uses the same bathroom, stands in the same hotdog line and so on.

The least Inslee can do is mark the fountins and bathrooms "black and white" uh sorry, "Vaxed and unvaxed.

Over react much?

Spohawks

Reaction score
If I am wrong, please point it out.
If its the truth, then its not over reacting.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
HawkNuts":bzo4bfc6 said:

The world isn’t binary and most of the smart people I know are taking care of their kids. Not because they think they’re going to die but the possibility of long term lung problems.

It’s funny that your tired of hearing about kids because your posts sound like you’re either a kid of have a lot of growing up to do. But good luck to you and your family. The virus has touched even the most ignorant people and it will continue to do so.

pittpnthrs":bzo4bfc6 said:
HawkNuts":bzo4bfc6 said:

Lol. So your going to keep them away from the public and sheltered for the next 8 to 10 years? I'm sure home schooling is your plan for the near future too. Let me guess, your going to get them vaccinated as soon as they say its ok right? Wont let them around any public setting but will be first in line to be guinea pigs for shots that will have questionable to little data points. I mean you got the shots and they are still collecting data on the effects so that makes sense right? Your 'holier art than thou' attitude is tiresome. You are consumed with paranoia and your going to pass along to your kids and anybody else associated with you. Thank you for staying away.

Your going to keep your kids away from all social events anyways so quit complaining about it. Remember, no matter where you are at, there will always be unvaccinated people so enjoy your sheltered life.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
"questionable to little data points"

Actually I think we have 150 million data points in the US alone, and probably 3x to 4x that number worldwide.

Side note, I fully expect Pfizer and Moderna to be fully FDA approved before the end of the year, perhaps one of them before the end of the summer.

At that point, I am absolutely certain these people will switch from "it's not FDA approved" to "the approval was rushed" as sure as the sun will shine... or they'll just cling to the opinion that because everyone else is vaccinated, they aren't in any danger going without, even though 97% of recent COVID-19 cases in King County are among the unvaccinated. 97%!

BocciHawk

Reaction score
quick snippet for those who might not be able to read the Seattle Times article:

Example: In the 98022 ZIP code, in the Enumclaw area, only 52.9% of the folks there 12 and up had been vaccinated as of this past week — which is one of the lowest rates in King County. In the two-week period ending in mid-May, that ZIP code also had the highest COVID case rate in the county, at more than 400 cases per 100,000 people.

At the same time, there are ZIP codes with vaccination rates that top 90%, and these had disease rates ranging from just one-fourth to one-tenth of Enumclaw’s. Examples include Sammamish and Mercer Island.

So epidemiologists at King County decided to take a deeper look at 15,397 local COVID cases, spread over April and May. The state disease surveillance network told them who these patients were. They then cross-referenced each case history with the statewide vaccination registry (when you get vaxxed, it gets recorded with the state — that’s also how you’re being entered into our new “Shot of a Lifetime” million-dollar lottery.)

What they discovered is that of the 15,397 positive cases, 14,895 were in people who hadn’t been fully vaccinated. That’s 96.7% of all local cases in April and May — a period in which King County passed the 50% vaccinated threshold, meaning half the population had been inoculated and half had not.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Your reading comprehension is slipping as is your argument. We just keep them out of crowded indoor places. And just until they are vaccinated. Not sure where you pulled 8-10 years from?

We have six months of data points with millions of shots and very little problems.

The only folks I know who aren’t getting vaccinated are either scared or they get their news from Facebook.

We get that your scared and it’s okay.

pittpnthrs":icdc76gd said:
HawkNuts":icdc76gd said:

pittpnthrs":icdc76gd said:
HawkNuts":icdc76gd said:

Lol. So your going to keep them away from the public and sheltered for the next 8 to 10 years? I'm sure home schooling is your plan for the near future too. Let me guess, your going to get them vaccinated as soon as they say its ok right? Wont let them around any public setting but will be first in line to be guinea pigs for shots that will have questionable to little data points. I mean you got the shots and they are still collecting data on the effects so that makes sense right? Your 'holier art than thou' attitude is tiresome. You are consumed with paranoia and your going to pass along to your kids and anybody else associated with you. Thank you for staying away.

Your going to keep your kids away from all social events anyways so quit complaining about it. Remember, no matter where you are at, there will always be unvaccinated people so enjoy your sheltered life.

Latest posts