Want Earl Back at the Right Price? He Might be Available.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Hard pass. This team has moved on.

As for the ring of honor, I'd prefer to include the LOB as a set. As a group, legendary. Individually, there are some issues to consider.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Earl got paid!

Then he pee’d on the shoes of the Ravens management after flipping the bird to Pete and the Hawks. Very silly behaviour from a supposed team leader. Frankly he ended his career here, end of story. There is little doubt he’s a talented FS at the end of his career.

It is also clear he has some “issues” at present, and has caused a split with his wife and family, and now ended his stint in Baltimore.

Until he gets his life together I’d pass. Frankly I suspect Diggs is presently better at the position than him.

I’d pass he’ll want too much.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
There is a good reason why the Seahawks refused to give Thomas a third contract, despite that position being so important in Pete's defense. At the time he was one of the best FS, yet Carroll decided it was time to move on without a valid replacement strategy. His move was the correct one, I'm glad he pulled the trigger.

Over the years Earl Thomas got increasingly more eccentric. He used to be thought of as the quiet, thoughtful guy. As Thomas's ego got stroked he became emboldened. He started becoming erratic and outspoken in his criticisms towards coaches and players. He became malcontent, I believe Carroll was willing to give him one last shot in his final season -- but as we all saw he doubled down on his antics.

In Baltimore his behavior has gotten even more out of hand. He's now spiraling out of control down a similar path as Antonio Brown, another great player with some mental issues. I

respect Earl for what he did for the Hawks, but I don't want him back on this team. He is not quite the same player he used to be and he brings with him baggage that is tantamount to that of Percy Harvin. Harvin, a player that ended up being a poison pill, the poison pill that broke up one of the best teams in the 2010s. We don't want that kind of drama on this team.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
With Diggs and Adams, we already ahve the best safety tandom in the league. We don't need Earl any more.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Earl and Kam might have been the best safety duo in history. Especially considering how slanted the NFL set the rules against the defense vs. the pass to amp up the offense.

Earl was stellar, one of the greatest safeties ever to play the position. But he needed Kam. Kam kept him from making mistakes. This was clear when Kam held out. We saw it.

Earl is still an incredible player. But he plays with fire and emotion that sometimes takes him out of position.

As he ages, I think he will have a hard time. He seems to have a lot of his priority and sense of self - wrapped up in football. Maybe even more than most. His physical tools sometimes allowed him to make mistakes and then recover from it. He probably cannot do that as much now, which is a bummer. (Back in the day, Kam seemed to help put him in the right position so he didn't need to worry about making mistakes as much.)

He is an intense and weird guy. But I loved watching him play. I don't care if he flipped off Carroll. Honestly, he could spit in a baby's face and I would still probably want to watch him play. He was and is a hell of a player. I will NEVER have an ounce of shame going to gameday with either a #31, #29, #25, or #39 jersey.

Note
I will be terrified if SF or Dallas gets him. Because he does make mistakes but he ALSO makes plays. And he would make them better.

Seymour

Reaction score
If this is not burning your bridge, then what the hell is?? Back at you Earl! :177692:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

1043863410.jpg.1538348318.jpg

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hell no. He WAS my favorite player before his last season here. All he has done since is making his own bed, he's not the victim here, and never has been. Look how many people blasted the front office for letting him go. How'd that turn out? Pete and John knew exactly when to let him move on.

rcaido

Reaction score
i didn't know a middle finger would make so many Seahawks fan butthurt...

When he was here he gave it 100%. Didn't miss any games. He balled out, when it was time to pay him, they gave him the finger.

He had pretty quiet great season last year, despite the embarrassing moment w/ Henry, he did prevent the td. He also gave up on one of the plays against the Browns but no way he was going to catch him.

Ravens are going to regret releasing Thomas. I hope Houston gets him, i dont want Dallas or 49ers.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sorry....way more than just a finger. Most recently the heavy drinking there has been a history of, and the toxic attitude of being a cheating asshole on his wife almost got him killed! .... :pukeface:

" Nina claims Earl, 30, left their home earlier in the day after an argument over the NFL player's drinking. She claims Earl's brother, Seth Thomas, picked him up.

But, a short time later, she decided to check on his whereabouts by logging into his Snapchat account -- and that's when she says she found video of Earl with another woman.

Nina says she used Earl's Snapchat account to track his location to a nearby Airbnb rental home ... and says she called up two other women to help her confront Earl at the pad. Nina also claims she grabbed Earl's pistol, a 9mm Berreta, in the process with the intention to "scare him."

When the women arrived at the house, they "discovered Earl and Seth naked in bed with other women."

That's when Nina admits she pulled out the gun and put it to Earl's head -- stating "that she took out the magazine thinking that the gun could not fire." But, cops say Nina was "unaware that the gun had a round in the chamber."

ivotuk

Reaction score
This only proves Earl is an idiot. He had a round in the chamber, then left the gun lying around the house.

In Baltimore his team mates wanted him gone. Friday, he missed an assignment, and when the other safety confronted him about it, Earl sucker punched him.

Missed meetings, blowing off coaches, and it reflected in his play.

The Ravens cut him for "Behavior detrimental to the Team."

rcaido

Reaction score
Seymour":3kugkz6h said:
Sorry....way more than just a finger. Most recently the heavy drinking there has been a history of, and the toxic attitude of being a cheating @$$h0le on his wife almost got him killed! .... :pukeface:

" Nina claims Earl, 30, left their home earlier in the day after an argument over the NFL player's drinking. She claims Earl's brother, Seth Thomas, picked him up.

But, a short time later, she decided to check on his whereabouts by logging into his Snapchat account -- and that's when she says she found video of Earl with another woman.

Nina says she used Earl's Snapchat account to track his location to a nearby Airbnb rental home ... and says she called up two other women to help her confront Earl at the pad. Nina also claims she grabbed Earl's pistol, a 9mm Berreta, in the process with the intention to "scare him."

When the women arrived at the house, they "discovered Earl and Seth naked in bed with other women."

That's when Nina admits she pulled out the gun and put it to Earl's head -- stating "that she took out the magazine thinking that the gun could not fire." But, cops say Nina was "unaware that the gun had a round in the chamber."

That's someone else personal life issue we had no business knowing. Off field issue didnt affect his play on the field.

*edit*

As for the punch, dont nfl players have squabbles often? Some random backup safety throws his helmet at your direction and starts screaming at a HOF safety seems really comical and disrespectful.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ET was one of my favorite Hawks ever. Having said that, with the guys we got playing safety now, we good.
.... and with no drama.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rcaido":39ao3j6l said:
Seymour":39ao3j6l said:
Sorry....way more than just a finger. Most recently the heavy drinking there has been a history of, and the toxic attitude of being a cheating @$$h0le on his wife almost got him killed! .... :pukeface:

That's someone else personal life issue we had no business knowing. Off field issue didnt affect his play on the field.
He lucky he’s not dead. Wife thought gun was empty, when it wasn’t. A woman scorned trying to scare a cheating husband.... like I said, he’s lucky he’s alive.

rcaido

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2jvowv23 said:
rcaido":2jvowv23 said:
Seymour":2jvowv23 said:

He lucky he’s not dead. Wife thought gun was empty, when it wasn’t. A woman scorned trying to scare a cheating husband.... like I said, he’s lucky he’s alive.

I wouldnt be surprise if Earl has the beginning stages of CTE. That was a big thing a few years, whatever happen with that.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Everybody always brags on the Ravens front office, their draft picks, they're a genius wherever you look according to talking heads...

O’Neil: Seahawks deserve credit for how they steered clear of drama with Earl Thomas

And now Thomas is gone. In a best-case scenario, the Ravens paid Thomas $22 million for one season of work, and he will still count $10 million against their salary cap in 2021 when he’s not on the roster. In the worst-case scenario, they’re going to have to pay him another $10 million for this year when he won’t play a down for them.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1149229/ ... mas-drama/

The Ravens could end up paying ET 44 Million dollars for One Year!

ivotuk

Reaction score
DANNY AND GALLANT
Hour 1 - What to make of Earl Thomas' departure from Baltimore?

Earl Thomas is done in Baltimore. Who gets more credit for his time in Seattle - Pete Carroll for managing during his time or John Schneider cutting ties at the right time?

In What to Watch For, the Mariners sweep, the Seahawks mock game ends early and the NBA playoffs are getting good.

John Clayton joins us for his Morning Drive! Paul went to the abbreviated Seahawks mock game and gives us the only observations he's allowed.

Danny takes issue with a line of questioning that took place in Pete Carroll's most recent press conference. Paul is here for it.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... nd+Gallant

Seymour

Reaction score
rcaido":2t2kbnew said:
Seymour":2t2kbnew said:

*edit*

As for the punch, dont nfl players have squabbles often? Some random backup safety throws his helmet at your direction and starts screaming at a HOF safety seems really comical and disrespectful.

Disagree. We hear all about Gordon and his weed smoking because of failed tests. Yet somehow Earl's heavy drinking and infidelity that almost got him dead deserves a pass? Nope....not in my book. Players like Earl are a big investment by the team, and the team needs to know the chances of the player going "Percy" on them. That is why they get grilled and studied prior to drafting.

rcaido

Reaction score
Seymour":x9av6y9x said:
rcaido":x9av6y9x said:
Seymour":x9av6y9x said:

*edit*

Disagree. We hear all about Gordon and his weed smoking because of failed tests. Yet somehow Earl's heavy drinking and infidelity that almost got him dead deserves a pass? Nope....not in my book. Players like Earl are a big investment by the team, and the team needs to know the chances of the player going "Percy" on them. That is why they get grilled and studied prior to drafting.

We are talking about sport athletes and infidelity...Sure what he did was disgusting as a husband/father but it was more wrong w/ the wife in this situation. Gordon was against nfl substance abuse, unless the nfl changes the rules about infidelity that cant really be used against him.