Walter Thurmond

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1yyv1m31 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1yyv1m31 said:
SoulfishHawk":1yyv1m31 said:
Really? The guy has played 8 games in the last 2 seasons, and is always hurt. So my post is dumb because he's looking like another Mr. Glass? Um, ok. I said he's starting to LOOK LIKE the new Mr. Glass, not saying he is. Hopefully he'll beat the injury bug, but there are just some players that seem to be injured all the time, sucks but it's reality.

When he stays healthy you will just move onto your next punching bag. It is the same thing as when people were all over Okung just a short time ago. If somebody is just looking for a reason to wring their hands then they will have no shortage of material. I just wish that they fretting crew would not jump so quickly from one irrationality to another.

.........and when he actually stays healthy, then you can criticize people for calling Thurmond brittle. But that time is not now.

Nah, I don't have to wait just like you don't have to show restraint over a sore hamstring that has caused no time to be missed.

mikeak

Reaction score
The problem with hamstring issues is that it suddenly goes from a little bit bad to very bad........

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
lets not forget this: If we cant win reguardless of WHO We are missing we have already lost.
I dont think this team is like the holmgren era where if the ONE KEY player was hurt we would lose.
I truely think that we would have to have over 50% of the team out to make a huge impact.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Um no, I've never once been on Okung. In fact, the opposite. I'm pretty new here so I don't expect you to know that. But, the fact that Browner is out, Sherman MIGHT be out soon, of course it's a concern to hear that a guy who's been hurt a LOT is hurt again. Not sure what else to say. I think the team has enough to win because of the depth. I see us winning out, regardless of who we put out there on D. Our Offense, with Beast and Wilson, will get it done. And I WANT to be very wrong about the guy. He's a good player, and he's a Hawk. I don't want any of the Hawks to be injured. Oh well, won't be the last time someone assumes they know me and what I'm thinking :thirishdrinkers:

sturg78

Reaction score
I don't get people calling players injury prone in situations like WTIII. If it was chronic muscle pulls, sprained ankles, etc I would understand, but getting your knee blown out is just bad luck. I don't think someone putting there shoulder into someone's knee is on the player being injured its just bad luck. You take some iron man player and put him in the same situation and you would get the same result.

Its like people calling Okung an injury prone player because someone cheap shotted him or rolled up on his ankle. There is no preparing for that.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just to update this thread, Thurmond went from Limited Practice yesterday to Did Not Participate today. I still am thinking he'll be good to go, but we won't know anything for real before tomorrow, and even then it could be put off until gametime. No need for Pete to show his hand if he doesn't have to.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The DNP is discouraging no doubt, but I don't like how people around here love to bash a player for being "injury-prone" as if it's their fault or their incompetence. It's not fair.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I don't like the DNP for Thurmond....but we'll see what happens tomorrow. I imagine the first full game action he has had in a long time is what tweaked the hamstring more than anything.

Without a "panic" move (bringing up the kid from the p.s. or a street free agent signing) to go along, it seems they are just letting him rest it.

The biggest issue if Thurmond can't go is not who starts for him (I suspect it would be Maxwell), but the impact on our nickel and dime packages which Buffalo likes to run.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":2ncuvvae said:
lets not forget this: If we cant win reguardless of WHO We are missing we have already lost.
I dont think this team is like the holmgren era where if the ONE KEY player was hurt we would lose.
I truely think that we would have to have over 50% of the team out to make a huge impact.

It was our pathetic lack of depth at safety that caused Super Bowl XL loss even more than refs. Etric Pruitt. A dude off the street suddenly starting at safety, after Marquand Manuel goes down. The Fault isn't his, it's Ruskell/Holmgren not having a better plan to have depth. I'm going to put it mostly on Ruskell. "In his first season Ruskell helped construct a team that won a franchise-record 13 games and reach Super Bowl XL." In other words, Ruskell inherited a team ready for the Super Bowl, and slowly screwed it up over 4 years, and his mistakes in not procuring better depth probably cost Seattle Super Bowl XL.

Anyway, we have decent depth everywhere, unlike the Ruskell years, which is part of what the Cards game showed. So if Thurmond's out, we'll find out if Byron Maxwell or Jeremy Lane can play. As Sherm would say, "Not worried." Well, at least not against the Bills. After that, we'll see.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Geez, so now someone is a hater if they point out that they think a player is injury prone?? Really? My god, it's an opinion, we all have them. I want him on the field.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1xsasfh8 said:
The DNP is discouraging no doubt, but I don't like how people around here love to bash a player for being "injury-prone" as if it's their fault or their incompetence. It's not fair.

Bill Parcells said it best back in his Dallas days. He'd tell his players that he didn't care how talented they were, if they were injury prone they had no business being on his team. Holmgren said similar things.

Of course it's not Thurmond's fault he's constantly hurt. But after years of being bit by the injury bug, it's hard not to say "we can't depend on this guy cause he's constantly hurt." We're not there yet with Thurmond, but I betcha Pete and John are getting closer.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":21l3kped said:
Geez, so now someone is a hater if they point out that they think a player is injury prone?? Really? My god, it's an opinion, we all have them. I want him on the field.

You have self-esteem issues?

canfan

Reaction score
Just heard a sound byte on 710 where Pete says Walter Thurmond is "not doing too well" and openly doubts if he will start on Sunday. I feel for Walter, and hope he can turn it around, because as Brock likes to say, being available is a talent too! It seems to be the only talent in doubt for this guy as i think he has all the tools to be a very good corner. :? On a more hopeful note, Pete seemed pretty sure Sydney Rice would be available!

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
WT3 can't be relied on.

hopefully he doesnt have to miss the game but giving the history here...

Latest posts