Walter Thurmond IR'ed

j hawk

Reaction score
I am gonna go out on a limb and say he will be back for training camp. Stays healthy he will make the club. He gets hurt he will be droped faster than a new brides panties.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure next year is his last year on his rookie contract.

A rookie 4th round contract can't be that much money. With the talent and skill he's flashed, I can see them bringing him back, since it probably looks like Trufant is done as well. With Lane and Maxwell growing, we can afford to give Thurmond a spot one more time with the chance that he'll finally stay healthy and play up to his potential.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm guessing he must have re-aggravated his injury this week. He was a last minute scratch for SF and I think he had some participation in practice that week, but he was OUT in practices this week. Either that or Pete liked what he saw from Lane/Maxwell and thought he had a better idea for Thurmond's roster spot than a gimpy backup CB- even a talented one. That plus, I don't think there is a position on the team that you don't want to lose speed more than CB- so the hamstring was a pretty big deal.

Smoke

Reaction score
I have a feeling he will be back next year. Let him go through the offseason and get fully healed and rested. Im pretty sure all the leg injuries has thrown his entire lower body off balance. If Pete lets him rehab and get to full health, he will compete at training camp next year, and if he makes a spot and plays the entire season, he's good to go. If he starts to play a season and gets injured again, cut ties. He is too good to just cut.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not entirely against a "three strikes your out" rule with Thurmond. After all, I was about to get out the giant hook from Stage Left just 20 months ago or so with Okung, and now here he is headed for Hawaii.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Don't forget this is a guy that has been injured since college. That is the main reason we were able to draft him low. There is a point that teams just move on and unless he is a 100% going into the next season I suspect he will be cut.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Yes, he's been glass for us, but the 'suck it up and take some Advil' comment is lame. Sean Springs blew a hole in his hammy when he tried that. Let him get healthy during the off-season then let him loose without an injury settlement. The team made the right move. I really doubt he was begging to go on IR.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":37lwwlcn said:
Wow......wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not.

My feelings as well. Next man up. ComPETE.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Too bad, he has talent but his body wants nothing to do with pro football. I'm sure he will be in camp next year though

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
jkitsune":1u1fvxm5 said:
Aros":1u1fvxm5 said:
Sorry but the guy just can't stay healthy. Time to cut our losses.
What "losses?" Keep him.

How about the fact that he's taking up roster space? The man can't stay healthy, period. It's not a knock on him as a person, it's just plain facts, man.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Aros":140q8duw said:
jkitsune":140q8duw said:
Aros":140q8duw said:
What "losses?" Keep him.

How about the fact that he's taking up roster space? The man can't stay healthy, period. It's not a knock on him as a person, it's just plain facts, man.

In his one game he's played this year i'd say he's had more of an impact then the 50th, 51st, 52nd and 53rd guy on the roster have had on our season.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1bqdiiuh said:
Aros":1bqdiiuh said:
jkitsune":1bqdiiuh said:
Aros said:
What "losses?" Keep him.

In his one game he's played this year i'd say he's had more of an impact then the 50th, 51st, 52nd and 53rd guy on the roster have had on our season.

I doubt that

JSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks"In his one game he's played this year i'd say he's had more of an impact then the 50th said:
Tech worlds: I doubt that

I remember one interception that he was responsible for and a couple other passes defended and some really good coverage skills.

What have Jaye Howard, Allen Bradford, Mike Person, Deon Butler, Sean McGrath, DeSean Snead, Josh Portis, Dexter Davis, Charley Martin and Cameron Morah contributed?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3fm6b5db said:
Tech Worlds":3fm6b5db said:
I doubt that

I remember one interception that he was responsible for and a couple other passes defended.

What have Jaye Howard, Allen Bradford, Mike Person, Deon Butler, Sean McGrath, DeSean Snead, Josh Portis, Dexter Davis, Charley Martin and Cameron Morah contributed?

Special teams?

Players that can at least practice? Warm body?

I know you gotta stick up for him cause he is a duck but he is quickly finding his way off the team because at this point he simply isn't qualified to play in the NFL.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Look, JSeahawks, I feel ya man. He's got talent. Nobody here argues that. What I argue is that I don't care how talented you are. If you are unable to stay healthy, and you show a history of being unable to stay healthy, you are not worth much to me.

Sorry my man but that is one aspect of the NFL paradigm that I have - and always will - buy into, hook, line and sinker.

If Steve Largent couldn't stay healthy I would want him off the team too.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Aros":2dxewqps said:
Look, JSeahawks, I feel ya man. He's got talent. Nobody here argues that. What I argue is that I don't care how talented you are. If you are unable to stay healthy, and you show a history of being unable to stay healthy, you are not worth much to me.

Sorry my man but that is one aspect of the NFL paradigm that I have - and always will - buy into, hook, line and sinker.

No need to apologize. He's my adopt-a-rookie from back in the day. I've sworn an oath to defend him. Plus, one day he'll be healthy and he'll either be great for the Seahawks, or we'll regret giving up on him.

I'd be more concerned if he was having the same injury over and over (See Greg Oden :34853_doh: )but its been just bad luck things. A torn up knee. A broken leg. Then a pulled/torn muscle in his first game back. As soon as his luck turns, he'll be great. If he kept hurting the same knee then i'd be 100% in agreement that we should give up on him. But, not yet.