Vikings Bench Cordarrelle Patterson

kearly

Reaction score
I've never heard a peep about Patterson having personality issues, if anything he was getting rave reviews for his attitude this past offseason. So this benching is a bit peculiar. You don't outright bench a young WR going through struggles. You play him way less, relegate him to the bottom of the depth chart. Benching is meant to send a message. Maybe they don't think he's working hard enough?

I'm not saying that Patterson is some mismanaged diamond in the rough. I just think that he's one of those players who needed to go to exactly the right kind of team to find success, and that Minnesota going forward does not appear to be that team. He seems to fit the Seahawks well enough, and it almost seems like destiny that Seattle will kick the tires on Patterson at some point. I mean, Pete got Harvin all those years after he tried getting him at USC, and just a couple months back we heard the rumors about V-Jack, a player PC/JS pursued in 2010. If Patterson ends up a journeyman at some point, I'd be surprised if he didn't make a stop to Seattle along his way.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
kearly":22miukjj said:
I've never heard a peep about Patterson having personality issues, if anything he was getting rave reviews for his attitude this past offseason. So this benching is a bit peculiar. You don't outright bench a young WR going through struggles. You play him way less, relegate him to the bottom of the depth chart. Benching is meant to send a message. Maybe they don't think he's working hard enough?

Actually, reading Turner's comments, he was not really benched in the full sense of the word. He just lost his starting spot and will be worked in for some plays, just less than play time than he has had. That sounds to me more like what you are talking about exactly. Sounds like he is struggling w/ routes or consistancy and being relegated to bottom of depth chart until he learns more.