[VIDEO] Centennial Elem - Can't Hold Hawks

drdiags

Reaction score
Some kids having a little fun with McClemore's song in tribute to the Seahawks

Thought a couple of you old folks would get a kick out of it

[youtube]qYeXh4oG5Zs[/youtube]

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhh ... that warms the cockles of my heart.

Let me tell you, I'm in a lot of schools on an everyday basis, as I'm substitute teaching right now (basically every single day.) Because of that, I'm not like a lot of subs, as the kids all know me and have a lot stronger rapport than they would with many normal subs. They know me by name ... and some of these guys I've known for several years now. Now, I often start class with a "Happy Blue [Seahawks] Monday everybody" -- and get raucous cheers in most classes. Suddenly, it's COOL to be a Seahawks fans in the eyes of the students. There are literally legions of new Seahawks disciples on the way up, as everywhere you go (regardless of school) you see TONS of Seahawks jerseys, jackets, etc. In the high schools and middle schools, kids are talking about the Hawks and they love it when they have teachers who know what they're talking about willing to engage them in NFL talk. It's an awesome thing let me tell you ... and I help raise these young disciples (just like these) in the love that is Seahawks football every single day. Ahhhh ... what a life.

Riley12

Reaction score
I keep football talk out of school, based upon past bullying incidents that I've had to deal with. Kids can be just as vicious as
adults towards followers of 'uncool' teams which, sadly, has included the Seahawks in the past.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I tweeted this to Wilson and Sherman, though it is so cool that these kids got to be a part of this. I live a few miles from this school wish my boys went there instead, lol.

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
I bet all those little dudes will be wanting to find and destroy every copy of this once they hit their teens, at least the ones they had out there dancing around. Cannot be a chick magnet if you are a dancer (smile).

A

Anonymous

Hawkscanner":3m0759u2 said:
Ahhhhhhh ... that warms the cockles of my heart.

Let me tell you, I'm in a lot of schools on an everyday basis, as I'm substitute teaching right now (basically every single day.) Because of that, I'm not like a lot of subs, as the kids all know me and have a lot stronger rapport than they would with many normal subs. They know me by name ... and some of these guys I've known for several years now. Now, I often start class with a "Happy Blue [Seahawks] Monday everybody" -- and get raucous cheers in most classes. Suddenly, it's COOL to be a Seahawks fans in the eyes of the students. There are literally legions of new Seahawks disciples on the way up, as everywhere you go (regardless of school) you see TONS of Seahawks jerseys, jackets, etc. In the high schools and middle schools, kids are talking about the Hawks and they love it when they have teachers who know what they're talking about willing to engage them in NFL talk. It's an awesome thing let me tell you ... and I help raise these young disciples (just like these) in the love that is Seahawks football every single day. Ahhhh ... what a life.

A..huh, huh, huh, he said "cockles"... ahuh, huh.

Cool video. Thanks for posting.

jblaze

Reaction score
My daughter goes to this elementary and is in the video. They had a great time making it and couldn't wait to tell us all about it when they got home. The music/PE teacher, Mrs. Gedde, is amazing and always puts out awesome video's like this and coordinated dance routines with the kids. She's great with recitals and organized events with the kids each year. She's really good at video editing and choreography. Overall it's just an amazing school that is nationally recognized each year and is the sole reason we moved into this district. Couldn't be prouder.

They are attempting to contact the Seahawks with this and are hoping to get a visit from a Seahawk or two if possible. It's in Olympia so only about an hour away. The kids have a lot of spirit and a ton of them wear their jersey's on Friday's, it's just awesome and contagious!

Send this around to people you know and let's get this video some more hits and posts! How awesome would it be for some elementary kids to meet some Seahawks!?!?

GO HAWKS!!!

jblaze

Reaction score
I just sent an email to the Seahawks organization regarding the video and they said they're going to follow up with the school. What an awesome organization! They said it's been seen by almost the entire organization! Here was the response I just received!

Thank you for reaching out to Seahawks Customer Service. The Can't Hold Hawks video was sent to our team over the weekend and it has been seen by most of the organization and team! The strength of our 12th Man Fans is amazing, especially the little ones. Seahawks plan to follow-up accordingly!

Sincerely,

Seattle Seahawks/CenturyLink Field Customer Service

jblaze

Reaction score
I also sent this link to KOMO, KING and KIRO. They've already gotten back to me that they want to interview the school and be there for a piece when the Seahawks come! Should be on Friday or this weekend on each channel. Go Hawks!

Howie_16

Reaction score
Riley12":1vll0glt said:
I keep football talk out of school, based upon past bullying incidents that I've had to deal with. Kids can be just as vicious as
adults towards followers of 'uncool' teams which, sadly, has included the Seahawks in the past.

Sorry, that's just lame, and it doesn't seem like you have much faith in your students to know the difference between teasing and bullying.

I teach middle school PE in Calgary, and while we are not exclusively Seahawks territory, the kids know I love the 'Hawks, and that they can talk football with me anytime, whether we like the same team or not.

The root of bullying has very little to do with what football team you like.

jblaze

Reaction score
I just heard back from KIRO, KING and KONG and they're all running stories on this during the weekend. Also KING is going to the school today to interview Mrs. Gedde and several kids on the video. Very cool stuff. Little 12th men/kids!! LOL.

jblaze

Reaction score
The Seahawks organization just got back to me and asked for a high resolution copy of the video because they want to play it during pregame at one of our home games! How awesome is that? I got them in touch with the person who made it at Centennial so you guys who are lucky enough to be at the home games might get to see it on the big screen!

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
jblaze":21vi2fch said:
The Seahawks organization just got back to me and asked for a high resolution copy of the video because they want to play it during pregame at one of our home games! How awesome is that? I got them in touch with the person who made it at Centennial so you guys who are lucky enough to be at the home games might get to see it on the big screen!

That is pretty good recognition for these kids. Would be cool if they could have them all there when it was shown, but I am sure the organization couldn't find a section for them all to fit. How many kids total in this video? ~100+

Anyway, that is a good gesture of the team to want to share this. Hope you guys have a high def version they can use.

jblaze

Reaction score
Yeah the Director said he wasn't sure about a visit from the Seahawks because they were so busy. I mentioned even a visit from a single practice squad player would be awesome for these kids, we'll see.

All three news stations have contacted me and want to come down to cover the story if the Seahawks come down so I figured they would want the positive PR but who knows.

She's sending them the high res copy now.