USA Today: Michael Crabtree - torn Achillies

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I broke this out after the Manningham injury last season, so I figure, what better time to cannibalize my own material...

[youtube]BDgcc5Sif3k[/youtube]

Starring:

Dolph Lundgren as Ivan Drago as Pete Carroll

Carl Weathers as Apollo Creed as Michael Crabtree

Sly Stallone as Rocky Balboa as Jim Harbaugh

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
xtm059":16bhp911 said:
Dont really understand the 'i want to play the niners at full strength' argument. chances are the hawks wont have lynch for week 2 anyhow.

Did you hear that?? It was the "point" whizzing right over your head... because, of course, as football fans we all want to watch an NFL season full of games between teams with all their stars and starters out due to injury and suspensions...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
jack_patera":38rccdxn said:
onanygivensunday":38rccdxn said:
jack_patera":38rccdxn said:
relax...i don't think the sky has fallen yet...i still believe defense wins championships and as far as i know, crabtree didn't tackle anyone...
Jack - You need to retire, dude.

The days of defenses winning championships is long gone.

Really.

oh yeah? how many sb's have 'the high flying high octane but can't stop anyone if their life depended on it' new england patriots won lately? case closed..
Case re-opened.

Let's look at the last seven Superbowls played.

Last year the Ravens beat the 49-ers, 34-31. The Ravens were ranked #17 in the league for Team D. SF was ranked #3 overall. Did the team with the better D win the Game. No.

The year before, the Giants beat NE, 21-17. The Giants were ranked #27 and NE was ranked #13, In this case, the team with the better D won the game.

The year before that, GB beat Pittsburgh, 31-25. GB was ranked #5 overall on D. Pittsburgh was ranked #2. Did the team with the better D win? No.

And the year before that, NO beat Indy, 25-17. The Saints were ranked #25 overall on team D. Indy was ranked #17. Did the team with the better D win the game? No.

And the year before that, Pittsburgh beat Arizona, 27-23. The Steelers were ranked #1 and the Cardinals were ranked #19. In this case, the team with the better D won the game.

And the year before that, the NYGiants beat NE, 17-14. The Giants were ranked #7 overall in team D and NE was ranked #4. Did the team with the better D win? No.

And the year before that, the Colts beat the Bears, 29-17. The Colts were ranked #21 overall and the Bears were ranked #5. Did the team with the better D win? No.

So, let's do a count... out of the last seven Superbowls played, the team with the better Defense won only twice.

Care to provide data that supports your case?

Back on topic... yes, the whiners are sure going to miss Crabtree... quite a bit imo. His 57 catches for 1st downs last year is going to be difficult to fill... likely leading to less scoring for SF's offense.

Sturm

Reaction score
SF is screwed now. Ba-bye.

Boldin and a bunch of nobodys is all Crapperneck has to throw to. Just stop the run and they are done.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I'm not wishing for injuries, and I'm not celebrating injuries, but I just can't understand the position of "I want to meet them at full strength." I just want to beat the crap out of them when we play them, I don't care whether they're full strength or replete with injuries. Nobody ever apologized to us for beating the crap out of us when we lost Walter Jones, or Russell Okung, or Marcus Tubbs, or Matt Hasselbeck. I want us to stay healthy, and I want us to win. Period.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
Sturm":1udbntqk said:
SF is screwed now. Ba-bye.

Boldin and a bunch of nobodys is all Crapperneck has to throw to. Just stop the run and they are done.

Vernon davis? Davis and Boldin still make a decent duo, paired with gore in the backfield and they make excellent run blockers as well.. stopping the run against our O-Line is a lot easier said than done..

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I like reading the nfl.com and espn comments from niners fans about how Jenkins/lockette are now going to step up and be a complete Ballers. Ok, throw two total washouts out there and see what happens! Many niners fans are saying it is no big deal they lost crabman, and still somehow believe their receiving corp is better than ours.

Trying to stay positive, I will give them that. But, very funny to me to see what they come up with.

TheGOAT#80

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":13o0fypf said:
I like reading the nfl.com and espn comments from niners fans about how Jenkins/lockette are now going to step up and be a complete Ballers. Ok, throw two total washouts out there and see what happens! Many niners fans are saying it is no big deal they lost crabman, and still somehow believe their receiving corp is better than ours.

Trying to stay positive, I will give them that. But, very funny to me to see what they come up with.

Crabtree was considered a washout as well. 9ers will be fine and crab will be back soon enough.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
This sucks, not going to sugar coat it. It wouldn't suck as much if Williams and Manningham weren't still recovering from their injuries. Hopefully he'll be back for a play-off run though, and somebody (Jenkins, Lockette, or Patton) can step up. All 3 are extremely young, so anything can happen.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
TheGOAT#80":fm26e7qo said:
Crabtree was considered a washout as well. 9ers will be fine and crab will be back soon enough.

No he wasn't. Got a link or two? Plenty of us wanted him drafted instead of Aaron Curry that year, and kept an eye on him because he was drafted by a division rival. Some controversy because of his petulant holdout, sure, but a washout? Toss us some evidence.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
look@dafilm":32j54mf8 said:
This sucks, not going to sugar coat it. It wouldn't suck as much if Williams and Manningham weren't still recovering from their injuries. Hopefully he'll be back for a play-off run though, and somebody (Jenkins, Lockette, or Patton) can step up. All 3 are extremely young, so anything can happen.

Luckily Kyle Williams is supposed to be ready by week 1 of camp, and Mario is rumored to be ready during camp as well. Kaep showed great chemistry with both of them before they got injured, which many people have forgotten about. If we can get both of them on the field by week 1, and get our younger guys to step up, we are going to have no problem winning while Crabtree recovers in time for a 3rd consecutive deep playoff run!

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":11y20unr said:
TheGOAT#80":11y20unr said:

No he wasn't. Got a link or two? Plenty of us wanted him drafted instead of Aaron Curry that year, and kept an eye on him because he was drafted by a division rival. Some controversy because of his petulant holdout, sure, but a washout? Toss us some evidence.

Have to agree with you here.

Anyone who thinks Crab was a washout hasn't been paying attention. Crab has never had an issue getting open. He's only had an issue with the QB getting him the ball.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3kvzolvf said:
TheGOAT#80":3kvzolvf said:

He wasn't considered a "washout", but was for sure a disappointment until recently. After all the hype after drafting him 10th overall with the promises of putting Rice's records to the test, ya he was a disappointment. But alas he was just waiting for a QB that could get him the ball. ;)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Aye, NinerLifer. Look at the performance of our WR corps, widely considered to be in the bottom 3rd in the league before we got Wilson. Now, one year with Wilson, and they made a mention in an NFL.com article a while back about the top few receiving corps in the league. Same group of guys, lol.

QB makes a huge difference. No doubt about it. I still can't believe Andy "retarded walrus" Reid paid you guys two 2nd-round picks for Smith. Mind-blowingly stupid trade for him, ridiculous value for you guys. *sigh*

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3mhxqxls said:
Aye, NinerLifer. Look at the performance of our WR corps, widely considered to be in the bottom 3rd in the league before we got Wilson. Now, one year with Wilson, and they made a mention in an NFL.com article a while back about the top few receiving corps in the league. Same group of guys, lol.

QB makes a huge difference. No doubt about it. I still can't believe Andy "retarded walrus" Reid paid you guys two 2nd-round picks for Smith. Mind-blowingly stupid trade for him, ridiculous value for you guys. *sigh*

Tell me about it, we couldn't believe it either. That's one of the reasons why we can let Harbaugh's sideline antics go unridiculed. The guy just flat out can coach! To turn a "bust" into a QB that takes his team to the NFCCG in 1 season is just rediculous. Yes all the playmakers helped, but none of them made the playoffs the year before Harbs got there.

Most of us would have been happy to just release Alex before Harbs showed up, and a good portion of Niner fans were upset when Harbs chose to keep him around. To now know that we will still be reeling in the benefits of that trade next year is just freakin' sweet as sweet can be!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm still undecided on whether I think Harbaugh roofied Reid. Somebody should crack into Harbaugh's personal computer and see if his web search history includes words or phrases like "date rape drug" or "rohypnol". ;)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
You can also thank Singletary for some of that. He was equally as bad a coach as Harbaugh is good. Not only did he repeatedly under utilize talent but he also mentally beat the team down making them primed and ready for a good coach.

I will always consider Hairball a douche who walked into about as perfect a scenario as possible but he is also a good coach. I am curious to see how he does in the long haul though. We still haven't seen him produce for extended periods of time and see how he deals with controversy or when things don't look so bright and he definitely has that demeanor of a guy that can lose a team. Haven't seen it yet but I am still waiting. Patiently at that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I don't think even a single 49ers fan would argue that point, Rich. Harbaugh walked onto a team stocked with the better part of a decade's worth of high draft picks, (not just 1st-rounders, but keep in mind early picks in the 2nd round, 3rd round, etc.; it matters) and undoubtedly many of the players were looking for new blood to lead them. Nearly the opposite of what Carroll walked into with the Seahawks. An old, largely talentless roster that had resulted in a 4-12 season in Holmgren's final year and a 5-11 season the year after with Jim Mora, Jr.

Bleh. I'm so happy with what Pete Carroll and John Schneider have done here, words can't even describe it. Sooooooo many alternative scenarios could have played out. Endless rebuilding like the Browns, for instance.

TheGOAT#80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":10do4u7u said:
TheGOAT#80":10do4u7u said:

My bad. He wasn't a washout but was a disappointment as someone else said. Chill out with your links. I know you live by them. But I do know that through all your posts your hatred for the 9ers seems unhealthy. I can link that but I don't have all day unlike you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts