UPDATED: AVRIL SIGNS With SEATTLE!!!

SDHawk

Reaction score
Its not that we dont have space for Avril, its that we still need to find a starting DT and OLB. Clem and Obo are definitely getting cut. I am tempted to say that we already have a deal in place to trade Flynn for picks.

I wont be disappointed if we cut Zach Miller and take a couple TEs in the draft a la Vance McDonald/Jordan Reed/Gavin Escobar.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
SDHawk":3otlgibg said:
I wont be disappointed if we cut Zach Miller and take a couple TEs in the draft a la Vance McDonald/Jordan Reed/Gavin Escobar.

WTF. No.

w00t

Reaction score
WHOA i thought the percy harvin trade would of slowed .NET but i was wrong.. LOL the clif avril def slowed the .NET down lol.. atleast on my end.. shit took forever to log back in

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SDHawk":1txt63c5 said:
Its not that we dont have space for Avril, its that we still need to find a starting DT and OLB. Clem and Obo are definitely getting cut. I am tempted to say that we already have a deal in place to trade Flynn for picks.

Just relax on the economics and the needs - they know what they are doing.

:vodka:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Avril posted a 1.5 ten yard split when he was at the combine on 2008. That is insanely fast. In college he played at first as an outside linebacker, but then finished his final two seasons at DE. He has plus marks as a linebacker.

Clemons was a LB in college too.

If this is a bigger multi year deal, it speaks volumes too me about how they see Irvin progressing as an every down player.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man....I really hope it is a friendly deal for us money wise. Gotta some more defensive weapons still.

kidhawk

Reaction score
w00t":119iqy6b said:
WHOA i thought the percy harvin trade would of slowed .NET but i was wrong.. LOL the clif avril def slowed the .NET down lol.. atleast on my end.. shit took forever to log back in

Yea, I hope it's not going to be like this EVERY time we sign someone or it'll be a LONG offseason.

I know Rock and the guys are doing their best, but I'm sure they understand just how frustrating it can be to not be able to discuss breaking news when it breaks :)

SDHawk":119iqy6b said:

The way we are sitting currently there is no need to cut Clemons. We still have to take a $5 million hit (or thereabouts) if we cut clemons. We can make a deal with Avril that fits him under the cap. We can still trade Flynn, we will definitely cut Obamanu, and as far as replacing Hill and getting a DT, that won't cost nearly as much as you might think. As far as cap room goes, Clemons is fine. As far as his rehab goes, I couldn't tell you. Signing Avril is not a sign Clemons is gone. The only good reason to release him is if his rehab is going too slow and even then it's a pretty good ding of dead money