Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
hawknation2018":25s1vf4r said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":25s1vf4r said:
Blitzer88":25s1vf4r said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/alex_kirshner/status/990398228544868352[/tweet]
serious? watched that program he reminds me of lamar jackson tbh

Is the show worth watching?
absolutley kinda players who messed up at school etc really intresting some of our on hawks players actually went there j.reed and a few others go check it out man

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Str8OuttaSkittles":12zfdpqu said:
hawknation2018":12zfdpqu said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":12zfdpqu said:
Blitzer88":12zfdpqu said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/alex_kirshner/status/990398228544868352[/tweet]
serious? watched that program he reminds me of lamar jackson tbh

Is the show worth watching?
absolutley kinda players who messed up at scholl etc really intresting some of our on hawks players actually went there j.reed and a few others go check it out man

Sweet, thanks for the heads up! I saw it on Netflix but hadn't heard much about it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Surprised that Poona Ford went undrafted. I think he will end up being top sleeper pick of the draft. I think the Seahawks did an excellent job of beefing up their interior DL. Reed, Johnson, Jones,Stephen, Ford, and at times Green, etc.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2djz1qsk said:
Surprised that Poona Ford went undrafted. I think he will end up being top sleeper pick of the draft. I think the Seahawks did an excellent job of beefing up their interior DL. Reed, Johnson, Jones,Stephen, Ford, and at times Green, etc.

Probably some medical issue as that or legal issues is what usually causes good players not to get drafted. Hopefully it’s nothing that will prevent him from contributing for a few years as we need another backup cheap run stuffer.

Jville

Reaction score
jmahon316":3ne51c6z said:
https://twitter.com/NUFBFamily/status/990595961142566913

Warren Long signed as an UDFA
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NUFBFamily/status/990595961142566913[/tweet]

Credited as a Special Teams standout. Northwestern converted him from running back to linebacker for his senior year. Was listed at 6 foot and 218 lbs in his final year at Northwestern.

Jville

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":23zv4vkz said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrockESPN/status/990452782925688832[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Americanfbcamp/status/955818761247916033[/tweet]

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jville":tt89tmlw said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Americanfbcamp/status/955818761247916033[/tweet]

Having a low center of gravity can be a positive at the NT position, as long as the player can carry the weight well. Nearly 33'' arms is what they're looking for to help the player hand fight and disengage.

Heyseed

Reaction score
Khalid Hill – nicknamed: The Ultimate Touchdown Vulture, Hammering Panda, and The Last Resort
[youtube]8Bfd5cQBy78[/youtube]

SeaChat

Reaction score
I am so excited about what John and Pete have accomplished in the offseason. The post draft free agency moves are only more evidence of the true genius that the Seahawks have trusted these two, to get it right, and to give us the best possible opportunity to be a bonifide championship competitor in the NFL.

I’ve gone out and researched every free agent invited to participate in our undrafted free agency competitions, and every single one of them, have proven themselves worthy of our considerations. Whether or not they survive the scrutiny they are about to face will be the real decision maker for them.

As things have unfolded since the end of last season, I was so happy and excited when the Seahawks first announce that Pete Carroll had been acquired to manage the future of our team. As a 40 plus year fan, it was the first time in all of those years, that I actually believed that we would win a Super Bowl, in my lifetime. We did.

When Pete first took over and brought John Schneider in as his general manager, and they started doing exactly the same sort of things then, that we have seen them do this offseason, they got almost the exact same response from the fan base., and from most of the critics in the NFL.

They traded, and cut many of our beloved veterans, went out and signed a bunch of free agents, most of which, were not well received by the fan base, and questioned and challenged, by most of the “all knowing NFL talking heads” at the time. Then the draft came along, and again most fans were left scratching their heads , and questioning just about every pick they made, Followed in sequence by the post draft free agent signings, where we are now, which were also met with even more doubt and pessimissim, than the draft or pre draft free agency signings were met with.

If you had believed even half of all the judgements and criticisms that they were bombarded with, you would have thought that Seahawk fans were in for yet another, if not even worse season, than fans back then, had become accustomed to. As a Seahawk fan in those day, You had to have a pretty tough hide, and an insane amount of loyalty and dedication, to keep subjecting yourself to the embarrassment and humiliation that came with being a 12.

When the first hick off of the first preseason game, under Pete Carroll went up, the Seattle Seahawks quieted just about every critic in the NFL, and put one hell of a dent in the critics in our own fan base, which is an even greater feat lol. It’s been a fantastic journey ever since. This last season, being defined by most as disappointing, I believe was primarily a result of Nobel player and coach loyalties, that overshadowed way to many tough decisions, that should have been made during the previous offseason, and that were ignored, but that were made during this offseason.

It’s the one major difference between college and pro football. In college your best player generally graduate and make room for the younger talents to move up and make their marks. In the pros you get tangled up in trying to do right by your older players, and because you feel indebted to them for all their sacrafices, you are subject to retain them, even when you know they can’t deliver the same level of play anymore, or even when their egos and self importance has made them no longer teachable and cancerous to their younger teammates. I don’t think that we will see much of this in the future under Pete and John.

They don’t call it Not For Long for no reason. You are hired to do a job, better than your teammates, who want your job, and for so long as you can defend your turf its yours. When the day comes that a younger gun does draw faster than you, it’s time to move on. It’s just business, and as such you are always one play away from the end of your career.

I can only imagine how hard it must be to be a Pete Carroll, and a John Schneider, who have to make the gut wrenching decisions that they have to make, for us, in order to give us the best possible opportunities, to be a championship capable team. I predict that when the first kickoff of the first preseason game this s season, goes up in the air, that there will be another silencing of the critics throughout the NFL, and more importantly throughout the Seahawk fan base.

Go Seahawks !

luigi_sal

Reaction score
Has almost any CB been invited to the camp? Wow, it seems a pretty much need for Seattle this offseason. Griffin and Coleman fix two positions, but Maxwell is not a lock though he performed well last year. The others could become backups, at best. Surprising

Blitzer88

Reaction score
luigi_sal":1r6ig5se said:
Has almost any CB been invited to the camp? Wow, it seems a pretty much need for Seattle this offseason. Griffin and Coleman fix two positions, but Maxwell is not a lock though he performed well last year. The others could become backups, at best. Surprising

Yeah, 2 CBs.

original poster

Reaction score
I had Marcell Frazier being drafted a couple of times so naturally I'm very happy he's a Seahawk.

Also rooting heavily for Taj Williams.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If you're a free agent, Seattle is the place to go. Pete has always been open minded to keeping undrafted players.

original poster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ga58my5 said:
If you're a free agent, Seattle is the place to go. Pete has always been open minded to keeping undrafted players.

That was the case a few years ago but it really dried up in 2015, 2016 and 2017.

This year, though? It's a pretty appealing place again.

original poster

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":19aww2kf said:
original poster":19aww2kf said:
SoulfishHawk":19aww2kf said:

That was the case a few years ago but it really dried up in 2015, 2016 and 2017.

This year, though? It's a pretty appealing place again.

I don't know, we have one of the highest percentages of UDFAs on the team over those years.

I'm talking about new UDFA's coming on board in those years :2thumbs:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Rocket":2w37izvm said:
RE: Mr. Ford...
5'11, 300+
The dude must play low, and disruptive, right?
His center of gravity is in his shoes.

mj3qIhvpqvINK70vTviouBg.jpg

original poster

Reaction score
I can't remember Poona Ford's wing span exactly, but it's the equivalent of an average 6ft 8 man :lol: :lol: