UFL Players?

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Anyone going to watch the UFL March 30? Any players look promising to watch? How the heck does the NFL with it's antitrust exemption does not have a minor league?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I’ll watch. I’m interested in seeing Horton Ahlers at the Renegades, McCArron, Jaycour Pearson and Austin Faoliu for the Battlehawks,

flv2

Reaction score
Anyone going to watch the UFL March 30? Any players look promising to watch? How the heck does the NFL with it's antitrust exemption does not have a minor league?

It's prohibited by the CBA. The CBA prohibits owners from using NFL revenue for outside future development. The owners are tasked to maximise NFL profits. If the owners spent NFL revenue to develop a future product then they would be investing player's money without consent. If they used purely their own money they could be sued for developing an alternative product with a view to reducing NFL player wages. I believe NFL players can't be involved either so anyone wanting to play, (or be an owner), in the UFL has to be out of an NFL contract. I haven't looked at this for a while but that's how I understood it to be under the previous CBA.

OP
OP
D

DirectMessage

Reaction score
It's prohibited by the CBA. The CBA prohibits owners from using NFL revenue for outside future development. The owners are tasked to maximise NFL profits. If the owners spent NFL revenue to develop a future product then they would be investing player's money without consent. If they used purely their own money they could be sued for developing an alternative product with a view to reducing NFL player wages. I believe NFL players can't be involved either so anyone wanting to play, (or be an owner), in the UFL has to be out of an NFL contract. I haven't looked at this for a while but that's how I understood it to be under the previous CBA.
That's interesting. 🤔.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Kind of ironic we wouldn't have our defensive coordinator / defense line coach if the NFL didn't develop other leagues outside of the main one

Latest posts