True or False

OP
OP
AvengerRam

AvengerRam

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1cq9xmwz said:
AvengerRam":1cq9xmwz said:
Actually, most Rams fans remember 1999-2011, when the Rams were 23-5 at home (including 4-0 in the playoffs).

This isn't a loaded or trick question.

Really? I think your numbers are suspect.

How so?

The Rams were 8-0 at home in 1999 during the regular season, plus 2-0 in home playoff games. They were 5-3 at home in 2000. In 2001, they went 6-2 at home, and again went 2-0 at home in the playoffs.

What did I miss?

Hawks46

Reaction score
AvengerRam":29ysutp6 said:
pehawk":29ysutp6 said:
Answer to your question is false. This isn't Holmgren's Hawks.

I'm not sure what the answer is.

During the first 2/3 of 2012, I would have said "true." Then, at the end of the year and in the playoffs, they seemed to get over the hump in terms of road play.

I'd agree with this. The answer very well could be true, but only because the Seahawks are becoming so damn dominating at home.

The Patriots have been probably the most dominating home team in the last decade, and have been very solid on the road as well. I see us emulating that this year, but being even better at home.

I'm almost starting to not worry about any game at home. Statistics tell us that we won't go 8-0 again at home, but after watching that Denver game (which I thought would be a LOT closer), I realized just because it's never been done, doesn't mean we won't do it.

OP
OP
AvengerRam

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Week 1 should be an interesting test. I'd have the Hawks as a 10+ point favorite against the Panthers if the game were in Seattle. At Carolina, though, I'd say its a potential trap game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
AvengerRam":3ss5iwzy said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3ss5iwzy said:
AvengerRam":3ss5iwzy said:
Actually, most Rams fans remember 1999-2011, when the Rams were 23-5 at home (including 4-0 in the playoffs).

Really? I think your numbers are suspect.

How so?

The Rams were 8-0 at home in 1999 during the regular season, plus 2-0 in home playoff games. They were 5-3 at home in 2000. In 2001, they went 6-2 at home, and again went 2-0 at home in the playoffs.

What did I miss?
Re-read your original post Dr Frued!

Largent80

Reaction score
Week 1 both teams are 0-0. It is NOT a trap game. Just another road game with a 10 a.m. pacific start, which is something the Rams do not deal with.

This team is way beyond last years first game in AZ.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
It is a valid question and I think its true -

This year, We SMASH teams at home, and we win on the road.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
This seems like an automatic yes, since Football Outsiders confirmed we're the only team in the league with a real home field advantage. Though I think we're about to become so good, it won't really matter because we'll win more than half of our road games.

IDKmyBFFRussell

Reaction score
AvengerRam":1z8x0oak said:
IDKmyBFFRussell":1z8x0oak said:
AvengerRam":1z8x0oak said:

You didn't address any counter points, troll.

I also didn't take a position on the true or false question. I simply put it out there for discussion.

Your vague comments are leaning true, but any really argument against you glossed over.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Next week ask us this question. Lambeau will be the first good test. If the Hawks win there they will surely head into that game in Carolina as favorites...for everything!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
True. Pretty simple really, if any team was as dominant on the road as we have been lately at home you would be seeing undefeated seasons more frequently.

The problem with the question is it has some implication that we are not very good on the road and that is not the case, it is just that we are so completely dominating at home. Part of that is home crowd and part of that is east coast teams not only traveling to the Clink but also contending with the noise and environment that hurts them while exciting our players.

I think it is reasonable though to look at the last half of last season more so than even the whole season (hopefully for obvious reasons) for an indication of how good or bad we are on the road. We will always be a bit sluggish out of the gate for early starts but that is nearly unavoidable. We don't gain three hours like the Rams or east coast teams so we have to struggle to keep the games in check until the brain and body are in full function. We will rely heavily on second half's to win games as well as leaning on our defense and running games to keep those games in check early.

Some want to say that if RGIII didn't leave the game we would have lost but I don't really feel that way. Schneider wants to keep his field as an unplayable piece of crap because it gives his team an advantage in the early goings of games while opponents learn to play on the slippery surface his team is used to. Add that to the travel and you have a recipe for a slow start. The following week was as much a function of the Redskins field as anything else because we lost Clemons and Haushka and Lynch sprained his ankle but even with that we nearly won and that was a 10:eek:oam start on the second week of travel playing against the #1 seed in the NFC. Pulling off a win in that game should look like a near miracle. Consider how close the Niners came to losing and they were much healthier and playing their first week at a later start. If Ryan doesn't get injured on the final drive, they may not have won that game at all.

So yeah we probably have the largest variation from home and away but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The fact that we did not lose a game on the road last year by more than 7 points tells me the gap is not very large.

Before the start of last year, I would have agreed that there was a big gap between home play and road play. But last year changed my mind.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Point made but that was then and this is now. This year the opposition will tremble.....Home or away. Kind of like 6 months in the hospital vs instant death. No charts, no stats. I'm a Seahawk fan and that's how I feel.

12evanf

Reaction score
We are unbeatable at home. We are tough but beatable on the road. I can see a large margin between unbeatable and beatable; I say true.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
IDKmyBFFRussell":cwvbjngk said:
Interesting (loaded) question. Hawks are the only undefeated team at home last year, so most likely to have the biggest difference. Also taking into account their pts for vs pts against, this is a silly question. Move on ram troll.

Hey RamAvenger is cool...he's been coming by here for years youngin'.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have been a dominant team at home since inception when we have a front office that can put a competant team together, even some of our bad teams over acheived at home because of the 12th man.

kearly

Reaction score
If we are talking last season, Seahawks. If we are talking the last decade, it's actually the Ravens.

Seattle's DVOA on the road last season was above the league median. They were virtually unbeatable at home, but mere mortals on the road. The Seahawks were perfect in close games at home but only had one victory in a close game on the road. The 10am heartbreaker was a major theme last season.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
AvengerRam":2gptb7b4 said:
pehawk":2gptb7b4 said:
Answer to your question is false. This isn't Holmgren's Hawks.

I'm not sure what the answer is.

During the first 2/3 of 2012, I would have said "true." Then, at the end of the year and in the playoffs, they seemed to get over the hump in terms of road play.
So you think you already know the answer to your question? Why ask it?

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2mnc2whx said:
The fact that we did not lose a game on the road last year by more than 7 points tells me the gap is not very large.

Before the start of last year, I would have agreed that there was a big gap between home play and road play. But last year changed my mind.

I'm in this camp. We were 3-5 on the road last year....teams that are considered good go 4-4 and have good records at home, say 6 or 7 wins. that puts you at 10-11 wins per year....but 3 or 4 wins difference is a big disparity. So you could say everyone has a big gap between home and away.

The Hawks went 8-0, so per record, yea we had the largest win differential. Like Hawfan72 mentioned, we didn't lose a game on the road by more than a single score, so we didn't play poorly, or get dominated.

As for the "you intimated this" and "blah blah vague response" and all the troll comments....seriously, I don't see it. He asked a legitimate question, and seems to be a fan of football as well as the Rams (shocker, some of us like other teams, and football in general as well...not always tunnel vision). Calling people names is immature. Grow up and stop being so insecure; we have a really good team this year and we don't have to overtly attack anyone that might think otherwise. /rant off