True or False

AvengerRam

Reaction score
True or false:

The gap between the Seahawks' level of play at home and on the road is greater than any other team in the NFL.

(Note: Don't take this as a dig. As I noted in another thread, I think the Hawks have the biggest home field advantage in the NFL, so they oculd have a large gap due to that fact, rather than poor performance on the road.)

pehawk

Reaction score
Answer to your question is false. This isn't Holmgren's Hawks.

OP
OP
AvengerRam

AvengerRam

Reaction score
pehawk":p6j70jvk said:
Answer to your question is false. This isn't Holmgren's Hawks.

I'm not sure what the answer is.

During the first 2/3 of 2012, I would have said "true." Then, at the end of the year and in the playoffs, they seemed to get over the hump in terms of road play.

nsport

Reaction score
I think that is changing slowly. I felt like the Hawks were in every game last year on the road. I think they honestly will not allow a 10AM start become an excuse for not showing up. We saw the slow starts last year on the road, but we also saw some breakout road games like we haven't seen for ages. I'd say your statement is true that it's the best home field, but I don't think the gap is as high as it used to be.

OP
OP
AvengerRam

AvengerRam

Reaction score
As an objective fact on point, I note that the Hawks were +5 in home vs. road wins. The Vikings were a +4, and no other team was more than +3.

Laloosh

Reaction score
In 2012?

Considering SEA didn't lose a game by more than 7 points all season, I don't see how this can be the case. If comparing home vs away record alone, perhaps someone can make this argument but I would have to say...

FALSE

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3fc2eenc said:
True or false:

You're a troll
answer: true

idk, I think he's asking an interesting question. At least he's trying to generate a little conversation, as opposed to "OMG SKIP BAYLESS!" or "PRE-SEASON POWER RANKINGS ARE OUT!!"

To answer the question, I do think the gap is closing and the Hawks will continue to become a good road team now that Wilson is the QB. The big road wins last year in Chicago, Washington and almost knocking off the Falcons in their house prove it.

Above average run game + Nasty run stuffing D + level headed smart QB = capable of winning anywhere on the road.

IDKmyBFFRussell

Reaction score
Interesting (loaded) question. Hawks are the only undefeated team at home last year, so most likely to have the biggest difference. Also taking into account their pts for vs pts against, this is a silly question. Move on ram troll.

nsport

Reaction score
Gotta say - I love the slow clap portion.... at the end it's former Seahawk Josh Brown kicking off in an empty stadium with people sitting down in their chairs. Hilarious!

empty.jpg

OP
OP
AvengerRam

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Actually, most Rams fans remember 1999-2001, when the Rams were 23-5 at home (including 4-0 in the playoffs).

This isn't a loaded or trick question.

IDKmyBFFRussell

Reaction score
AvengerRam":tu8qzron said:
Actually, most Rams fans remember 1999-2011, when the Rams were 23-5 at home (including 4-0 in the playoffs).

You didn't address any counter points, troll.

OP
OP
AvengerRam

AvengerRam

Reaction score
IDKmyBFFRussell":3w0bxgbc said:
AvengerRam":3w0bxgbc said:
Actually, most Rams fans remember 1999-2011, when the Rams were 23-5 at home (including 4-0 in the playoffs).

You didn't address any counter points, troll.

I also didn't take a position on the true or false question. I simply put it out there for discussion.

rideaducati

Reaction score
AvengerRam":105x2j6t said:

It's a concept that people that aren't fans of the Seahawks are going to quit talking about very soon. Yes, the Seahawks have a great home field advantage, but this team is really good now and they will be winning a lot of road games because they are good. Most teams have a better home record than road record. I believe only the Dolphins of the past couple years have a better road record than home record.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
AvengerRam":1oif4uzs said:

Really? I think your numbers are suspect.