Tre Flowers PFF rating last 2 weeks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Surprising. As much as I get on the guy, and he makes me more nervous than any player on the Hawks...….I didn't mention him at all yesterday other than a couple nice plays. That's a good problem to have. Often, if you don't really notice a guy, he's doing his job. At least yesterday he seemed to have a good game.

AgentDib

Reaction score
That illustrates the basic limitation with something like PFF where they are just looking at play on tape without knowing either the player's responsibilities or why the player has been given a certain job.

Consider the PFF viewpoint. If Flowers gives a 15 yard cushion to Hopkins and then comes up and makes a good tackle after a 10 yard completion, that is him executing the assignment given to him by the coaching staff perfectly. PFF probably gave him a ++ for all of those.

Of course, the reason why he was giving a 15 yard cushion was because if he had given anything less, then Hopkins would have run past him for a touchdown and he would have scored a -- on that play. So the coaching staff playing him deep means that they get the blame from sites like PFF instead of Flowers.

Hopefully, most fans realize that the real problem is our backup CB needing to cover DeAndre Hopkins. Better depth at key positions is why we dominated the 49ers yesterday, and it's very encouraging going forwards.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Again, he needs to be our spy for mobile QBs.

Bet money he would shut Kyler Murray down on those QB runs. He is a good tackler and it looks like he is pretty good at forcing turnovers.

When we get our cornerback back, and we have other options for coverage, that needs to be his job.

He isn't useless. He isn't exceptional at the type of defense they want to play.

But since the type of defense they want to play tends to be terrible...the reasonable move is to use him at something he would be good at.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
He's still a safety playing out of position at CB. Flowers actually leads the league among CB's in run defense grade by PFF. More evidence that he belongs at safety.

toffee

Reaction score
As a 12, I want flowers to improve, to regain his confidence, and be a contributing factor.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

TypeSly

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3778dcj4 said:
He's still a safety playing out of position at CB. Flowers actually leads the league among CB's in run defense grade by PFF. More evidence that he belongs at safety.

Agreed. If he can play CB this well, I always wonder how good he could be in his natural position, as a safety. He certainly hits like a safety. If we stack up any injuries in the secondary, this guy could be MASSIVELY valuable. I think the hate on TF needs to stop, and probably will as time goes on.

AirStrike

Reaction score
PFF rankings always need to be taken with a grain of salt. Kirk Cousins is a higher rated QB than Roethlisberger and Murray. No one would choose him over either of them.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Been saying it. Guy gets a ton of hate for no reason. Even in this thread so far someone said he is a safety playing as cb.

Dude he is playing where he is told and will you get over it already?

Flowers is starting to play like he did the past two seasons aside the playoff game against gb where the best reciever in the league Adam's may have given him the business. Look at the stats guys. Before the year started I believe he had given up two tds total for 2 seasons worth of starts. 32 games he has been shutting down deep passes and top recievers. Now he is getting back to that.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
So has dunbar. So has griffin. I was talking about the two previous seasons.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dunbar and Griffin haven't been in the same stratosphere as Flowers, as far as how bad they have looked.
We can agree to disagree. I want to be wrong about the guy, but he is scary bad most of the time. Just my opinion.
Dunbar has a pick and has dropped at least 3 others.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
They complete more passes on dunbar. He should have more picks. QBs have been going his way a majority of the time. Whether lcb or rcb with Griffin out.

The stratosphere is very similar comparing the two. Its just whether you can separate the fake hating on him from what he is actually doing. Every single game QBs are going at Dunbar first.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Agree to disagree, and that's fine. Dunbar is a damn good player. If he actually could catch the ball, he would easily have 4 picks. Nobody would be questioning how good he is. What can I say, Flowers makes me VERY nervous.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
You shouldn't though. I understand, but he has been arguably better than the other two. Now seeing as a whole the pass defense needs to be better all around. They are equally not playing up to par. They finally did well against the 9ers.

ivotuk

Reaction score
AirStrike":8z30uq4q said:
PFF rankings always need to be taken with a grain of salt. Kirk Cousins is a higher rated QB than Roethlisberger and Murray. No one would choose him over either of them.

Roethlusburger sucks! Have you seen him play?

And the defense is putting all DBs 15 yards off a lot of the time. Does that reflect on them?

Trey has the ability, we've seen it before. I put this on Pete and not coaching him up correctly. It seems Pete's philosophy early in the year had been "Play not to lose." I have that. Sometimes, late in a game with a big lead, that's okay. But not an entire game.

Hopefully we'll see more defensive game planning like we did against SF.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2xjqaptn said:
Been saying it. Guy gets a ton of hate for no reason.
Bro, you've just been blind this season as a whole if you think the hate he's gotten has been for NO REASON.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Nah. Most of you are regurgitating words. Tell me how he has been garbage so I can prove u wrong.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":vvnbjzqm said:
Dunbar and Griffin haven't been in the same stratosphere as Flowers, as far as how bad they have looked.
We can agree to disagree. I want to be wrong about the guy, but he is scary bad most of the time. Just my opinion.
Dunbar has a pick and has dropped at least 3 others.

Thats false. Shaq was rated the 2nd worst CB in league in year 2.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fine, if you think Flowers is a good player, that's your opinion.
I think he has been pretty damn bad. It is still ok to have an opinion on here right?

Latest posts