Trade Wilson now

John63

Reaction score
brimsalabim":zv46w5xf said:
It's difficult to find a toffee post that doesn't rip Russ to shreds. There are plenty of others here too.

haters Hate

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
So you have one poster, who hasn't even said anything bad about Wilson in this thread, is your big evidence of systemic Wilson hatred?

Calling BS here.

toffee

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":6relt3pq said:
So you have one poster, who hasn't even said anything bad about Wilson in this thread, is your big evidence of systemic Wilson hatred?

Calling BS here.
No worries, high probability that Wilson will be traded this off season.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

brimsalabim

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":naty2h1a said:

Calling BS here.

“Trade Wilson Now!” ????

toffee

Reaction score
brimsalabim":fkri3bfd said:
KiwiHawk":fkri3bfd said:

Calling BS here.

“Trade Wilson Now!” ????
His trade value is higher now than next year or thereafter. Trading him now yields the best return, way betert than 2022.

if he plays at the same level as his last 7 games or God forbid an injury, and yes a year older. We sure won't get four or five first round picks. As is, not like teams are lining up to mortgage their future to get Wilson.

Trade him now has merit worth exploring.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Everything comes down to:

Is Carroll able to assemble what he believes can win him a Super Bowl with paying Wilson’s salary

OR

Does Carroll believe trading Wilson and paying for a cheap QB contract, will allow him to build his team to Super Bowl level

The latter requires a lot of elite players, while the former requires an elite QB and possibly some/a lot of Lady Luck

Both options seem equally difficult to make a deep run, considering the teams past 5 years but you’re better off going with the latter cause if you don’t have a QB, you are not going anywhere unless you assemble a legendary squad, the odds aren’t in your favor to do so!

John63

Reaction score
toffee":3cderbf6 said:
brimsalabim":3cderbf6 said:
KiwiHawk":3cderbf6 said:

Calling BS here.

“Trade Wilson Now!” ????
His trade value is higher now than next year or thereafter. Trading him now yields the best return, way betert than 2022.

if he plays at the same level as his last 7 games or God forbid an injury, and yes a year older. We sure won't get four or five first round picks. As is, not like teams are lining up to mortgage their future to get Wilson.

Last 7 games

68% complt, 12 tds, 3 ints 4/1 td/int ratio.

You guys seem to think that he had a lot of bad games during the season he actually only had 3 games with Qb rating below 85, He had 9 above 100, and rest above 85 but below 100. Guess what Other QBs have bad games too.

Mahomes had 2 below 85,
Brady had 4 including a really bad 40,
Brees had 2
Rodgers had 1 a really bad 35
Allen had 5

John63

Reaction score
toffee":3ub622su said:
brimsalabim":3ub622su said:
KiwiHawk":3ub622su said:

Calling BS here.

“Trade Wilson Now!” ????

Last 7 games

68% complt, 12 tds, 3 ints 4/1 td/int ratio.

You guys seem to think that he had a lot of bad games during the season he actually only had 3 games with Qb rating below 85, He had 9 above 100, and rest above 85 but below 100. Guess what Other QBs have bad games too.

Mahomes had 2 below 85,
Brady had 4 including a really bad 40,
Brees had 2
Rodgers had 1 a really bad 35
Allen had 5

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
AgentDib":22ffhxj0 said:
brimsalabim":22ffhxj0 said:
AgentDib":22ffhxj0 said:
KiwiHawk":22ffhxj0 said:
That's not a terrible position to be in, to be honest. We could afford to make deep dives on both lines and the secondary. Before the Wilson-addicts chew me up, I am not Schneider making this trade - just putting it up on the whiteboard saying "what if".
I agree that the Eagles make a lot more sense from the Hawks perspective than most of the other teams mentioned. However, I don't see Wilson waiving his no trade clause to play in front of a notoriously hyper-critical fanbase like the Eagles.
good grief they cannot be worse than the fan base here that hates him so?
Way, way, way, way, way worse. The first time he spins out of the pocket into a sack he will get booed in Philly.

Wait... not the fan base that booed and threw snowballs at Santa Claus!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1ksfb43i said:
Everything comes down to:

Is Carroll able to assemble what he believes can win him a Super Bowl with paying Wilson’s salary

OR

Does Carroll believe trading Wilson and paying for a cheap QB contract, will allow him to build his team to Super Bowl level

The latter requires a lot of elite players, while the former requires an elite QB and possibly some/a lot of Lady Luck

Both options seem equally difficult to make a deep run, considering the teams past 5 years but you’re better off going with the latter cause if you don’t have a QB, you are not going anywhere unless you assemble a legendary squad, the odds aren’t in your favor to do so!
Well if you put it that way then the truth is that Pete Carroll has never been successful at any level anywhere without being able to field superior talent. All things being equal he doesn't have a snowball's chance. So ok. If Mrs. Allen is going to stick with Pete and wants to win another championship then she has to find away to help Pete win the arms race again and play the numbers.

TreeRon

Reaction score
I can not believe this thread is alive and well

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This team is only going to be relevant for as long as Wilson is our QB.

So it is baffling that we would want to hurry along to when we no longer matter.

Every Seahawk fan should want to squeeze as much enjoyment from the time Wilson is here as possible, because when it is over....it is over.

Wilson is the only thing staving off the long trek through irrelevance that is coming.

Just enjoy the time he has left, we probably have one more year, this coming season.

Maybe another, but it seems unlikely.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1p7p0h6m said:

So it is baffling that we would want to hurry along to when we no longer matter.

Every Seahawk fan should want to squeeze as much enjoyment from the time Wilson is here as possible, because when it is over....it is over.

Wilson is the only thing staving off the long trek through irrelevance that is coming.

Just enjoy the time he has left, we probably have one more year, this coming season.

Maybe another, but it seems unlikely.
I think there will be a lot of excitement either way in the coming few years. Either we trade Wilson and have a slew of high draft picks to talk about, or we become one of the first teams to pay their QB $50+ million average per year on a new contract. Either way, there will be lots to talk about.

toffee

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1moqsxab said:

As long as some one as good as Wilson is our QB. Wilson is not the only team carrying, superbowl winning QB in the league.

If Wilson wants to leave, the better now than next year.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":369ngpos said:
TwistedHusky":369ngpos said:

As long as some one as good as Wilson is our QB. Wilson is not the only team carrying, superbowl winning QB in the league.

If Wilson wants to leave, the better now than next year.

The point is someone as good as Wilson. DO you think they grow on trees every year? FYi it is not just about Sb winning. Dilfer won a SB do you really think he is as good as Wilson?

FYI since this is all moot since we know for a fact he does not want to leave.

hangumhi

Reaction score
I loved Russ. He flat out screwed the organization. You don't cause doubt about the security of the superstar QB and expect free agents to come to your organization. It doesn't work that way.

John63

Reaction score
hangumhi":2canwtb7 said:
I loved Russ. He flat out screwed the organization. You don't cause doubt about the security of the superstar QB and expect free agents to come to your organization. It doesn't work that way.

And yet in part because of him we resigned Carson and Dunlap. And again. He never asked to be traded or said he wanted to be traded. The organization had been and did this year look at other qbs. That also sends a message, yet some here ignore it.

John63

Reaction score
hangumhi":v15v64j9 said:

And yet in part because of him we resigned Carson and Dunlap. And again. He never asked to be traded or said he wanted to be traded. The organization had been and did this year look at other qbs. That also sends a message, and not a good one, yet some here ignore it.

Tical21

Reaction score
You either trade guys too early or too late. If they don't trade him now (they won't), it will be too late. This time next year the world will know Russell can't execute simple concepts against 2-deep and we're going to be stuck.

Latest posts