Trade Marshawn? Fantasy post.

HawkWow

Reaction score
A 3rd for Lynch would be realistic and even then, I doubt we'd have a line of suitors considering his contract (etc).

I dread the thought of seeing ML in a different uni, but it would be fun to see what he could do behind an NFL line.

If we offered to swap 1sts with Cleveland, then give them our 2nd and Lynch, they might return our call. IMO.

BTW, Lynch is my favorite player.

ASuperForce

Reaction score
The only other uniform I could tolerate seeing Lynch in is the Silver and Black, even though I hate them. Part of that is because I think it's one of the few teams I believe he would tolerate playing for.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Lol I think you are getting carried away. We give em Marshawn our first and our second to move up 6 spots in the first round. Any team in their right mind would jump on that in a heart beat.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3t6zba0a said:
Lol I think you are getting carried away. We give em Marshawn our first and our second to move up 6 spots in the first round. Any team in their right mind would jump on that in a heart beat.

I was referring to Cleveland's 1st pick in the draft.

Whoops. Just reread the OP. My bad.

I don't have that Johnson chart at my immediate disposal but we'd probably have to swap 1sts and still give them ML to move up those spots...I'm assuming ML is worth a 3rd. Obviously they wouldn't get our 2nd in this scenario, lol.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
I think 2014 is Marshawn's last year in Seattle. He has a $9m cap hit in 2015, a $2m roster bonus. Trade value at this point is not great given decline in average per carry and the contract.

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle would be wise to test the waters on a Marshawn trade. You might get a 2nd round pick for him right now. After next season, you'd be lucky to get anything given his age and cap hit- everyone would assume we'd just release him which would kill his trade value.

But if we keep him that's great too. C-Mike had some issues staying healthy in college, Turbin hasn't produced and Ware is unproven.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I'd seriously cry if we traded Marshawn. Before the LOB, it was Marshawn who changed the identity of this team from that soft, finesse reputation to a hard-nosed smash-mouth one.

HawkWow

Reaction score
kearly":gf6ov0t8 said:
Seattle would be wise to test the waters on a Marshawn trade. You might get a 2nd round pick for him right now. After next season, you'd be lucky to get anything given his age and cap hit- everyone would assume we'd just release him which would kill his trade value.

But if we keep him that's great too. C-Mike had some issues staying healthy in college, Turbin hasn't produced and Ware is unproven.

Hard to produce averaging less than 5 carries per game. And If some of those holds aren't called, he's likely averaging the same YPC as Lynch (if not more) and doing so with less opportunity. Less carries = less rhythm= less YPC.

It's not like Lynch gets his 4.3 every time he touches the ball. He gets 1, he gets 2, he gets 2, he gets 7, he gets 1.5, he gets 2, he loses 2, he gets 3, he gets 35.

We seldom see Turbin get the luxury of reps and when we have, like the couple series in the SB...he ripped one off.

Turbin doesn't exactly dazzle me, but I don't think he was drafted to dazzle. Our line isn't exactly blowing holes open for either man. He gives our 1 back rest, blocks well, holds onto the ball, he's dirt cheap, experienced, yet fresh and with more reps, will do more things. I think Turbin is doing as well as expected and will still be here after Lynch is gone.