TPeezy likely to be released

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1zplycr3 said:
rideaducati":1zplycr3 said:
Oh well... I pray each and every day that Russ stays healthy because the backup QB sucks.

Ya but what does that say about TP since he couldn't beat out a backup QB that sucks. He was given plenty of opportunity to do so. He didn't do enough. He sucks worse than the backup QB who sucks. At least the backup QB who sucks plays like a QB and not pretend like he is one.

Pryor is not eligible to be on the PS.

They both suck. One of them just happens to know the playbook.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Sorry TP, youre better than Manziel and Tebow.. At least.. Put that in your bong gibroni

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Timmahawk":3a40rqb6 said:
endzorn":3a40rqb6 said:
This is politicking by Wilson. He was threatened by Pryor so Carroll had to release TP. Unreal.

Huh?
What do you mean "huh"? It's been fairly obvious since the day they brought Prior in.

Anyone paying any attention would have noticed it.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":382cx6i0 said:
Timmahawk":382cx6i0 said:
endzorn":382cx6i0 said:
This is politicking by Wilson. He was threatened by Pryor so Carroll had to release TP. Unreal.

Huh?
What do you mean "huh"? It's been fairly obvious since the day they brought Prior in.

Anyone paying any attention would have noticed it.

My bad...I'll pay better attention next time lol

HawkWow

Reaction score
rideaducati":60p1ieat said:
hawkfan68":60p1ieat said:
rideaducati":60p1ieat said:
Oh well... I pray each and every day that Russ stays healthy because the backup QB sucks.

Ya but what does that say about TP since he couldn't beat out a backup QB that sucks. He was given plenty of opportunity to do so. He didn't do enough. He sucks worse than the backup QB who sucks. At least the backup QB who sucks plays like a QB and not pretend like he is one.

This time we are in agreement. TJack suddenly looks like he's just along for the ride and if RW goes down we are screwed anyway, so I'd be fine with keeping BJ and dumping the contract of TJack ..if that's possible. I'm not worried about BJ knowing the playbook. He knows it as well as RW did when he took the spot from Flynn and RW did that without the luxury of throwing 1 yd passes to Harvin (see Ponder) that turn into 1st downs. I like and appreciate TJack but it might be time for his replacement to take over those 2nd team reps.

This won't happen. Just my opinion.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":1pssh2zk said:
rideaducati":1pssh2zk said:
hawkfan68":1pssh2zk said:
rideaducati":1pssh2zk said:

This time we are in agreement. TJack suddenly looks like he's just along for the ride and if RW goes down we are screwed anyway, so I'd be fine with keeping BJ and dumping the contract of TJack ..if that's possible. I'm not worried about BJ knowing the playbook. He knows it as well as RW did when he took the spot from Flynn and RW did that without the luxury of throwing 1 yd passes to Harvin (see Ponder) that turn into 1st downs. I like and appreciate TJack but it might be time for his replacement to take over those 2nd team reps.

This won't happen. Just my opinion.

Isn't Tjacks contract guaranteed? If it is, there is no sense keeping BJ. I think he will make the practice squad anyways.

Uthawk

Reaction score
Jackson had a bad couple of games. He did seem like he was on cruise control, but I feel more confident in him than most any other backup we could have.

Mick063

Reaction score
What have you done for me lately?

Jackson had a few nice outings for Seattle....last year.

Based on this year, I won't argue about Jackson's perceived declining worth. I would still take him over most backups in the league and I believe Seattle could win a few games if they had to use him.

I do like BJ Daniels though.

King Dog

Reaction score
rideaducati":21lt0cle said:

Better than Pryor though obviously.....

rideaducati

Reaction score
King Dog":gsj5a42z said:
rideaducati":gsj5a42z said:

After 7 years in Bevell's system, he knows the playbook a little better.

King Dog

Reaction score
rideaducati":183mc1wn said:
King Dog":183mc1wn said:
rideaducati":183mc1wn said:

After 7 years in Bevell's system, he knows the playbook a little better.

It's very obvious who they thought was the better option this year.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":1j3h31ca said:
hawkfan68":1j3h31ca said:
rideaducati":1j3h31ca said:

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Because even though Jackson supposedly KNOWS the playbook, he sure as hell didn't play like it in that game.
You can teach a fool to ride a bicycle, but it's a whole another thing to expect him to build one.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TerrellePryor/status/505556003526819841[/tweet]

DavidSeven

Reaction score
A lot of people holding onto old gripes from 2011 when TJ played with a torn pec and still looked like 10x the QB that Whitehurst was. Yeah, that same Charlie Whitehurst who just signed a fat contract to be the backup in Tennessee.

According to PC (via Brock -- a big time TJ backer), TJ has had the best offseason of his Seahawks career. I think he exhibited great poise in the first two preseason games he played this year. The last game wasn't great, but everyone on the team played like hot garbage (besides the 1s).

The coaches have spoken:

TJ and all his supposed faults > Pryor and all his supposed upside.

Can we end the anti-TJ crusade at this point?

irocdave

Reaction score
man you guys are hard on TJ. Prior sucks as QB. TJ was an "average" starting QB in his first season with the Hawks and throws a great deep ball. He has also proven he is one of the toughest guys on the team. Prior is a joke / tease at QB. Always has been. Hawks traded a 7th round pick for him...and no one else was in line. That is the one area PC has whiffed at. CBJ? Cutting MH?, TP? Cmon, really? RW was JS's choice not Pete's. I don't see TP getting another chance in the NFL because he isn't capable of the throwing the ball consistently. Same as Tebow. Difference between Tebow and TP is that Tebow was a leader. TP isn't, never has been and never will be. Good riddance. Wasted roster space.

Jackson is a more than a serviceable back up to Wilson but needs an average to good O line to succeed. He is a drop back passer with little avoidance capability's. He is NOT a running QB.

TP is all about running, then get an occasional long pass in after establishing he can run. This isn't pop warner and the QB needs to have a football IQ larger than his shoe size. Dude got by with pure athleticism for his entire career.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Timmahawk":2vgohnce said:
endzorn":2vgohnce said:

Huh?
Although it wasn't funny, It was meant to be a joke.
There's not a Quarterback on the team that remotely poses a threat to Wilson, least of all TJack, nor TP.
Jackson's limited knowledge of the playbook is keeping him safe..... for now.
But I will bet that Jackson was having some antsy reservations as to why the Seahawks were willing to give BJ Daniels and T P a shot at replacing his ass, because if he was all that, the Seahawks wouldn't have released him when Wilson came on board.
Looks like Jackson just got another one Year reprieve, eh?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Uthawk":2i5b6wxe said:
Jackson had a bad couple of games. He did seem like he was on cruise control, but I feel more confident in him than most any other backup we could have.
It should be obvious to most here, that if Jackson were already a lock as Wilson's backup, Why did Pete trade away a 7th round draft pick bother trying out TP, or BJ Daniels to replace him.
Looks to me like the hunt for his replacement is ongoing.

daveman918

Reaction score
I'm so glad the TP experiment is over. If Russell gets banged up in a game and we have to hold a lead and win, I want TJ not TP. :)