Tomlin's Sideline Shenanigans

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rottweiler":1tj1h2oe said:
The NFL is taking Mike Tomlin's juvenile-esque infraction/ sideline tantrum seriously.

The latest news:

Up yours, Stealers!!!

I hope the NFL does indeed go through with it, and strip them of a pick in the Draft, myself.
Watch the whole vid rott. It ends up with Mariucci and Faulk talking about how he didn't mean to and all that bullshit. Wish you were right man, but it ain't gonna happen with a Stealer.

rottweiler

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":wcc1exy2 said:
rottweiler":wcc1exy2 said:
The NFL is taking Mike Tomlin's juvenile-esque infraction/ sideline tantrum seriously.

The latest news:

Up yours, Stealers!!!

I hope the NFL does indeed go through with it, and strip them of a pick in the Draft, myself.
Watch the whole vid rott. It ends up with Mariucci and Faulk talking about how he didn't mean to and all that bullshit. Wish you were right man, but it ain't gonna happen with a Stealer.

Figures, that. Yeah.

I never watched the video before I posted it: I had only read the copy instead.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
He is still denying doing it on purpose. His claims that he was watching the jumbotron is bull. He is looking over his shoulder and when Jones was close enough he stepped out and jumped back. Bottom line he was looking over his shoulder not in front of him. The smirk afterwards was flat out sickening. He better at least be fined.

KK84

Reaction score
I don't care about the Stealer's draft pick. I want Tomlin off the competition committee.

rottweiler

Reaction score
KK84":1336emx1 said:
I don't care about the Stealer's draft pick. I want Tomlin off the competition committee.

+1.

He doesn't have any legitimate place there any longer — especially if the NFL really cares about player safety.

Tomlin just cannot be trusted. Period.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Tomlin gets a 100k fine..hahahahahahahahahaha...team may also suffer a forfeiture of a draft pick...as per NFL AM

...then again a 100k to him is not that much...the team losing a draft pick would be a bigger hit...

I can't beleive all the people defending his actions as unintentional...how can anyone watching the video say it wasn't? Oh well, don't matter the Steelers are DONE!!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Slap on the wrist. Expected nothing less! Guy is a blight on the NFL and should be banned for the the rest of the season for actions detrimental to the sport!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ 100K and a potential lost pick is a slap on the wrist?!?!?!??!

Taking a draft pick is excessive, IMO. TBH I've never believed it was intentional for a second, nor do I think it really impacted the play (he was getting caught regardless). I can understand why someone might think it was intentional when watching it in slow motion, but watching it in real time from the endzone angle when you can see both of their faces, there's just no way.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3ri65jkg said:

Taking a draft pick is excessive, IMO. TBH I've never believed it was intentional for a second, nor do I think it really impacted the play (he was getting caught regardless). I can understand why someone might think it was intentional when watching it in slow motion, but watching it in real time from the endzone angle when you can see both of their faces, there's just no way.

It was absolutely intentional.

ku-xlarge.gif

He watched the scoreboard to figure out how to get in the way. I do agree the draft pick is the wrong punishment. Tomlin should have been fined and then suspended for a game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
A draft pick removal or downgrade is the right move, IMO, because it sends a message to try and get guys to not do it.

How many people out there keep speeding and getting speeding tickets over, and over, and over, for instance? If you can just pay a fine and you have plenty of money, there's little incentive to not do it again under the right circumstances. Messing with the draft picks, on the other hand; that's serious.

253hawk

Reaction score
I think the NFL just tossed 'draft pick' out there as a threat to make the league aware that they aren't going to play around with this rule any longer. Intent really has nothing to do with it, despite how mind-blowingly far Tomlin is out of the coach box. Keep your ass off the sideline.

Not that the NFL still won't yank a pick, but I imagine they'll wait until the regular season is over and the lower draft order is in place to decide that.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Apparently this is the ONLY thing worth talking about on NFL Network today. It's getting old real quick. I changed the channel.

Jville

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1zy7i7oy said:
Apparently this is the ONLY thing worth talking about on NFL Network today. It's getting old real quick. I changed the channel.

It's a full court press in NFL damage control, spin and window dressing.

No flag no penalty for a "storied franchise". Continued SOP among NFL officials.

And, we (the public) are all once again presumed to be too stupid to realize Tomlin will be fully reinbursed for that $100K window dressing fine via an undisclosed vehicle. If the reports about Tomlin's popularity are correct, he may have the opportunity to pocket a tidy profit over this incident. Heck he may even inspire and be featured in a superbowl commercial.

The NFL is conducting business a usual. It is how they behave.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
What is the precedent for taking away draft picks, anyhow? Anyone know? I'm pretty sure I remember the Donkos being penalized under Shanahan, but that's the only one I can think of. It's hard to imagine them taking one for this pretty minor shenanigan.

mikeak

Reaction score
Popeyejones":derpr0vv said:

Is there a video out there that shows the "all-22" look of this?

I don't understand how a coach has his back to a play on the field. Don't get it - never seen it - EVER

I see a big fat smirk on his face afterwards. It looks unintentional because he has his back to the play then you think to yourself........WHY???? why would he not watch the play? He is the head-coach and he isn't watching the play? Doesn't make any sense. AND WHY IS HE SMIRKING????

Now if there is an all-22 that shows him with the back against the play the whole time then you will help me with two answers. 1) I will understand why pitt sucks this year and 2) it will explain what happened..... :)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Jville":2abqteay said:
Seahwkgal":2abqteay said:

It's a full court press in NFL damage control, spin and window dressing.

No flag no penalty for a "storied franchise". Continued SOP among NFL officials.

And, we (the public) are all once again presumed to be too stupid to realize Tomlin will be fully reinbursed for that $100K window dressing fine via an undisclosed vehicle. If the reports about Tomlin's popularity are correct, he may have the opportunity to pocket a tidy profit over this incident. Heck he may even inspire and be featured in a superbowl commercial.

The NFL is conducting business a usual. It is how they behave.
Completely agree with this. There will be no draft pick taken away because everyone will have forgotten about the incident by the time the draft rolls around in April. All pomp, no circumstance.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
mikeak":2bvw2ux5 said:
Popeyejones":2bvw2ux5 said:

I don't understand how a coach has his back to a play on the field. Don't get it - never seen it - EVER

I see a big fat smirk on his face afterwards. It looks unintentional because he has his back to the play then you think to yourself........WHY???? why would he not watch the play? He is the head-coach and he isn't watching the play? Doesn't make any sense. AND WHY IS HE SMIRKING????

Now if there is an all-22 that shows him with the back against the play the whole time then you will help me with two answers. 1) I will understand why pitt sucks this year and 2) it will explain what happened..... :)
There is a forward view on a shack piece to this and he is looking over his shoulder and steps out when Jones is almost right there.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
Kixkahn":8hcolkc8 said:
mikeak":8hcolkc8 said:
Popeyejones":8hcolkc8 said:

There is a forward view on a shack piece to this and he is looking over his shoulder and steps out when Jones is almost right there.

I've watched the all-22. You can see Tomlin leave his spot around mid field (well behind the white strip) and walk toward the other end (he's walking between people with his eyes off of the play as if he's looking to get to a particular spot).

Next time you see him, he (and he alone on that sideline) is standing WAY the hell out there. No one else is remotely close to the field but him.

It's obvious he was trying to influence the runner once he sees the play is actually going that way.

Tomlin zps0bf46abe

nategreat

Reaction score
To be honest, I wish Jones would have just drilled Tomlin in the back. That would teach him a lesson. More than any fine.

253hawk

Reaction score
Found the video of Cowher damn near decking a guy. No flag, no fine. F the Stealers for life.

[youtube]nklpVIXIK9Q[/youtube]