To the doomers and the optimists:

StoneCold

Reaction score
hawknation2017":dnwb8brh said:
Terrible, disgusting injuries.

Yet, we still have a chance to win the division without needing anyone else to lose. Just win the games in front of us, and we're in.

It's going to be tough, but I would rather be optimistic about competing with what we've got. And critical about what I hope will change (*cough*new play caller*cough*).

We already got a legit LT, which is something I have wanted for a long time and will pay dividends in the coming games and seasons. Also a very good backup safety in Bradley McDougald, which was missing last year at this time.

Injuries will play a major role in how this season turns out. And the "Non-Naive" will use that as justification for their opinions.

Next week would be a tough game at full strength. Looks like KJ has a good shot at getting back, but Bobby is a game day decision. And even if he makes it he won't likely be full strength. We saw what happened when those two went out last week. We are going to need some good fortune to win against the Rams.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Should be a hell of a game. Injuries are a part of this, it's not about making excuses, it's the way it is. But, 8-5 and a shot at taking the lead in the division, I'll take it considering what they have been working with.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Unless someone is reporting an actual FACT that can be confirmed by official team sources all ANYONE is doing in this forum is offering OPINION.

You know, like buttholes...We all got 'em and none smell any better or worse than the next.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
StoneCold":247m9a7y said:
hawknation2017":247m9a7y said:
Terrible, disgusting injuries.

Yet, we still have a chance to win the division without needing anyone else to lose. Just win the games in front of us, and we're in.

It's going to be tough, but I would rather be optimistic about competing with what we've got. And critical about what I hope will change (*cough*new play caller*cough*).

We already got a legit LT, which is something I have wanted for a long time and will pay dividends in the coming games and seasons. Also a very good backup safety in Bradley McDougald, which was missing last year at this time.

Injuries will play a major role in how this season turns out. And the "Non-Naive" will use that as justification for their opinions.

Next week would be a tough game at full strength. Looks like KJ has a good shot at getting back, but Bobby is a game day decision. And even if he makes it he won't likely be full strength. We saw what happened when those two went out last week. We are going to need some good fortune to win against the Rams.

I wouldn't expect Wagner back for this game. I think Wright plays Mike and Wilhoite plays Sam. Wilhoite looked really out of place (and unpracticed) at Mike in the last game.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
Aros":3v0w5sw3 said:
Unless someone is reporting an actual FACT that can be confirmed by official team sources all ANYONE is doing in this forum is offering OPINION.

You know, like buttholes...We all got 'em and none smell any better or worse than the next.

I disagree. Some of us do a much better job of washing than others. I'm not admitting to which camp I fall into. :180670:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
This post is dense with Roland explaining where he got his Seahawks fan card but I love seeing Sioux's jimmies russled. :p

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt Largent":1s3joeu5 said:
Aros":1s3joeu5 said:

I disagree. Some of us do a much better job of washing than others. I'm not admitting to which camp I fall into. :180670:

At least with the other Sgt. Lrgent we know cuz dude walks around with his pants down.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
2010 7-9
2011 7-9
2012 11-5
2013 13-3
2014 12-4
2015 10-6
2016 10-5-1
2017 8-5

Plot these numbers on a graph and tell me there is no downward trend.

It is a slow decline but a decline nonetheless. Injuries this year have definitely hurt the hawks but I think the rest of the league has caught up with the team and our inability to adapt will continue this trend regardless of injuries.

If you are happy with making the playoffs and going one and done, good for you. This team will make you extremely happy.

If you are unhappy with making the playoffs and going one and done, good for you. This team will make you extremely unhappy.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
People who represent opinions as facts are cockwombles. Didn't read anymore of this thread.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":mo42igmu said:
People who represent opinions as facts are cockwombles. Didn't read anymore of this thread.

LOL
Can you even be a cockwomble outside the United Kingdom?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":qe272i4b said:
2010 7-9
2011 7-9
2012 11-5
2013 13-3
2014 12-4
2015 10-6
2016 10-5-1
2017 8-5

It is a slow decline but a decline nonetheless. Injuries this year have definitely hurt the hawks but I think the rest of the league has caught up with the team and our inability to adapt will continue this trend regardless of injuries.

If you are happy with making the playoffs and going one and done, good for you. This team will make you extremely happy.

If you are unhappy with making the playoffs and going one and done, good for you. This team will make you extremely unhappy.

Yep, agreed.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":24ke38w2 said:
I googled it.

It stays

I spent three years in Great Britain in the early ‘60s.
That was the only, and last, time I’ve heard the expression.
Appropriate though.

Fade

Reaction score
I agree with the OP pretty much 100%. It is where I have been at for a while. Still rooting for them to get back on track, but I think they may not make the playoffs at this point. We have taken it for granted so long just automatically assuming they will make it every year, it's now a Rams loss, or probably any loss away from being eliminated.

It won't be all that bad if they don't make it honestly. A lot of good could come from it. The odds at this point from a recent history, and eyeball test says they will just get thumped in the divisional round anyway.

I will be rooting for them as long as it is mathematically possible, but the realist in me knows the likely outcome.

This staff needs significantly more talent than the other side to consistently win. It works in college, but this is a horrible model going forward in the injury plagued NFL. They need to retool the coaching staff and do a serious re-evaluation of the whole operation at the end of the year. Not just "ohh injuries". That was the excuse last year, this year, and can be used every year.

Injuries is such a cop out, and for losers. The Eagles lost Carson Wentz and others, they are still going to the Superbowl. The Patriots lost their best defensive player early in the year and half of their receiving core. Tom Brady still had a fantastic season in spite of it, and is still going to the Super Bowl, the Ravens were absolutely decimated before the season even started and they will make the playoffs.

Stop with the injury excuses, the same problems were there when the team was healthy.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":y9l3hk8v said:
bevellisthedevil":y9l3hk8v said:
2010 7-9
2011 7-9
2012 11-5
2013 13-3
2014 12-4
2015 10-6
2016 10-5-1
2017 8-5

Yep, agreed.
I don't agree. It's this kind of warped expectation that sets one up for a fall. In the past 5 seasons, the Hawks have been one of 4 remaining NFC teams to have a shot at making the Super Bowl. They did just that twice. It's this kind of consistency that makes this the best era ever in Seahawks history.

Having temper tantrums that we don't make the Super Bowl every year shows a lack of understanding as to how fine the line between wins and losses in this parity-driven league. By his own admission, Pete's greatest sense of accomplishment is fielding a perennial contender each and every season. He's built a franchise that is always competitive and with a few breaks can find its way to the dais to accept the Lombardi.

I appreciate what Pete and his staff continue to do and wouldn't be surprised in the least if we made another deep playoff run.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":sag3gn2v said:
johnnyfever":sag3gn2v said:
bevellisthedevil":sag3gn2v said:
2010 7-9
2011 7-9
2012 11-5
2013 13-3
2014 12-4
2015 10-6
2016 10-5-1
2017 8-5

Yep, agreed.
I don't agree. It's this kind of warped expectation that sets one up for a fall. In the past 5 seasons, the Hawks have been one of 4 remaining NFC teams to have a shot at making the Super Bowl. They did just that twice. It's this kind of consistency that makes this the best era ever in Seahawks history.

Having temper tantrums that we don't make the Super Bowl every year shows a lack of understanding as to how fine the line between wins and losses in this parity-driven league. By his own admission, Pete's greatest sense of accomplishment is fielding a perennial contender each and every season. He's built a franchise that is always competitive and with a few breaks can find its way to the dais to accept the Lombardi.

I appreciate what Pete and his staff continue to do and wouldn't be surprised in the least if we made another deep playoff run.

Sooooo...

If they don't make the playoffs this year sioux, will you finally concede that maybe some coaching changes are needed, or will your goals go form superbowl to just the playoffs, then next year you will be cool with just getting over .500?

Please answer honestly.

NJlargent

Reaction score
StoneCold":233l3tmb said:
Sgt Largent":233l3tmb said:
Aros":233l3tmb said:

At least with the other Sgt. Lrgent we know cuz dude walks around with his pants down

Hahaha. That avatar is something

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":20rsamje said:
Siouxhawk":20rsamje said:
johnnyfever":20rsamje said:
bevellisthedevil":20rsamje said:
2010 7-9
2011 7-9
2012 11-5
2013 13-3
2014 12-4
2015 10-6
2016 10-5-1
2017 8-5

Yep, agreed.

Sooooo...

If they don't make the playoffs this year sioux, will you finally concede that maybe some coaching changes are needed, or will your goals go form superbowl to just the playoffs, then next year you will be cool with just getting over .500?

Please answer honestly.
With 3 games remaining and a home tilt to strongly solidify our quest to win another division title, I firmly believe we will make the playoffs again. Don't you?