TJ! TJ! TJ! (Press Conference)

Cartire

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":14a2evky said:
What about
Kirk Cousins
Kyle Orton
Nick Foles
Ryan Mallett(has not started but being under Brady can't be bad)
T.J. Yates

If you notice, I put QB's I would not want. Since those guys werent listed, you can determine what that means....

But guess what, those 6 guys arent available are they?

Throwdown

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":2z77kk0p said:
Cartire":2z77kk0p said:
A couple of you are just not getting the concept of a backup qb and the current positional value associated with them. You guys have this predetermined mantra of the backup as a starter, and not his role, the backup. As someone somewhere once said, "If your backup is good enough to be a starter, he's not going to be your backup"

So here is my current list of QB's I would not want in lieu of TJ. Feel free to argue it, but I think you will find its harder to do then you think. Backup QB's are Backups for a reason. You guys should be happy TJ is on this team. The pickens are not good.

Current Starters
Mark Sanchez
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Jake Locker (Ill get gruff from UW guys, but he hasnt shown me anything)

Current Backups

Chad Henne
Chase Daniels
Matt Moore
Matt Cassel
Shaun Hill
Colt McCoy
Drew Stanton
Bruce Gradkowski
David Carr
Josh Johnson
Austin Davis
Josh McCown
Luke McCown
Derek Anderson
Charlie Whitehurst
Graham Harrell
Mike Glennon

Notable 3rd stringer (only listed one, but there is no 3rd string QB I would want in lieu of TJ.)

Tebow.

What about
Kirk Cousins
Kyle Orton
Nick Foles
T.J. Yates

You talk about them all the time like they're available.

Cousins will be a starter in due time when a team trades for him, Mallett might be the heir apparent to Brady, and Yates might be in the same boat as Cousins.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":ykp2jv8d said:
TorontoHawk":ykp2jv8d said:
What about
Kirk Cousins
Kyle Orton
Nick Foles
T.J. Yates

If you notice, I put QB's I would not want. Since those guys werent listed, you can determine what that means....

But guess what, those 6 guys arent available are they?[/quote

That is great, just saying there are way better backups in the league. Of course there are no one left as the season is almost here.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":3nrfyeo7 said:
TorontoHawk":3nrfyeo7 said:
Cartire":3nrfyeo7 said:
A couple of you are just not getting the concept of a backup qb and the current positional value associated with them. You guys have this predetermined mantra of the backup as a starter, and not his role, the backup. As someone somewhere once said, "If your backup is good enough to be a starter, he's not going to be your backup"

So here is my current list of QB's I would not want in lieu of TJ. Feel free to argue it, but I think you will find its harder to do then you think. Backup QB's are Backups for a reason. You guys should be happy TJ is on this team. The pickens are not good.

Current Starters
Mark Sanchez
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Jake Locker (Ill get gruff from UW guys, but he hasnt shown me anything)

Current Backups

Not saying they are available, just saying there are way better backups then what we have.

Chad Henne
Chase Daniels
Matt Moore
Matt Cassel
Shaun Hill
Colt McCoy
Drew Stanton
Bruce Gradkowski
David Carr
Josh Johnson
Austin Davis
Josh McCown
Luke McCown
Derek Anderson
Charlie Whitehurst
Graham Harrell
Mike Glennon

Notable 3rd stringer (only listed one, but there is no 3rd string QB I would want in lieu of TJ.)

Tebow.

What about
Kirk Cousins
Kyle Orton
Nick Foles
T.J. Yates

You talk about them all the time like they're available.

Cousins will be a starter in due time when a team trades for him, Mallett might be the heir apparent to Brady, and Yates might be in the same boat as Cousins.

Cartire

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":2gb08dg8 said:
That is great, just saying there are way better backups in the league. Of course there are no one left as the season is almost here.

So what? This conversation was never about if TJ was the best all time Backup QB. This has and always be, a conversation about how TJ is a great backup QB. And being that hes in the top 10 of the backups (and further up if you minus out those shitty starters), then were in a great position. Thus why people were glad to see TJ back on the lineup in lieu of Brady Quinn.

You guys though seem to have a heart attack as if our season was over when we signed him.

Cartire

Reaction score
one last thing that needs to be mentioned again.

Ask any coach in the NFL, and theyll tell you, you want to have a backup who can win you .500 games. If your QB does down for 4 weeks, he should be able to win at least 2 of those games for you. TJ can do that. And thats something to be happy about.