TJ! TJ! TJ! (Press Conference)

SharkHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2k2hrzwd said:
From now on, anyone that ISN'T on board with TJ as a backup, will forever be known as a know-nothing douchebag in my book.

He's got an 8-8 skill set and the personality all players will rally behind and win for. I.e., a GREAT back-up. We're very lucky to have Tjack, period.

Leave it to Ry-Guy to just get to the nuts and bolts. There you go. Well said and I agree fully.

hawksman53

Reaction score
The part that gives me the goosebumps is the fact that I think every player we have right now feels the same passion for playing for the Seahawks. I love hearing that are players are all on the same page and want to win BADLY!!! I can definitely feel that we are going to be special for a few years!

OP
OP
dunceface

dunceface

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1rnt32mx said:
pehawk":1rnt32mx said:
From now on, anyone that ISN'T on board with TJ as a backup, will forever be known as a know-nothing douchebag in my book.

He's got an 8-8 skill set and the personality all players will rally behind and win for. I.e., a GREAT back-up. We're very lucky to have Tjack, period.

Leave it to Ry-Guy to just get to the nuts and bolts. There you go. Well said and I agree fully.

Tanzania has given us a gift we shall not take it in vain. :179422:

Throwdown

Reaction score
dunceface":1zu7ql76 said:
SharkHawk":1zu7ql76 said:
pehawk":1zu7ql76 said:

Tanzania has given us a gift we shall not take it in vain. :179422:

ALL PRAISES DUE TO KILIMANJARO!!!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
TJack sucks.

I am saying that because all you bullies are sitting here telling me and others how we should think. I don't like it nor have I ever.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":m830oeg6 said:
TJack sucks.

I am saying that because all you bullies are sitting here telling me and others how we should think. I don't like it nor have I ever.

True, even if you don't agree everyone here has there own opinion, seems like there is one group on here and if you don't agree with them you are slammed.

Cartire

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":2y8emnm9 said:
Tech Worlds":2y8emnm9 said:
TJack sucks.

True, even if you don't agree everyone here has there own opinion, seems like there is one group on here and if you don't agree with them you are slammed.

Or, welcome to the world of having to defend your opinions. Its all well and good to have your own opinions. But if you are not prepared to back them up, then what kind of opinions are they?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I was one who was strongly against TJ as our starter last year, but I'm absolutely thrilled he's back with us now. I didn't want him as a starter because he is just good enough to be a starter in this league. But he isn't a top tier, high caliber quarterback capable of singlehandedly winning us a bunch of games. Now that we have Wilson, who looks very much like a top tier quarterback, having TJ back as the backup is absolutely wonderful. It's not every team - in fact it's quite rare - that you get a team with two guys capable of starting in this league.

I hope like hell he holds the clipboard all year long, except for the fourth quarter of a bunch of blowout wins, but I'm certainly glad we again have a backup capable of starting on half the teams in the league. TJ gets full marks from me in this role.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":317dml9v said:
TorontoHawk":317dml9v said:
Tech Worlds":317dml9v said:
TJack sucks.

Or, welcome to the world of having to defend your opinions. Its all well and good to have your own opinions. But if you are not prepared to back them up, then what kind of opinions are they?

That is fine but some people just go over board if they don't agree with them, I really don't think he is a good QB at all, 7-9 does not cut it, clip board TJ will be fine as long as he does not play I am happy. I have not slammed anyone for there opinion on here ever and never will.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":8rt4en2y said:
That is fine but some people just go over board if they don't agree with them, I really don't think he is a good QB at all, 7-9 does not cut it, clip board TJ will be fine as long as he does not play I am happy. I have not slammed anyone for there opinion on here ever and never will.

Your logic is horribly flawed. How good should a backup QB be? How many games should you expect a true backup QB to win should he start for a full season? What about on a young, rebuilding team? If he had won 9 or 10 games that year he'd probably be a starter in this league, if not still for us.

So you thinking he's not "a good QB at all" is based on your expectation that he have a winning record with a pretty bad team.

Based on skills alone, I don't think he's a good starting QB either, but he's a pretty good backup. The intangibles make him more ideal than most.

Cartire

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":17my95gp said:

I think your forgetting that QB's dont grow on trees. And if TJ was even a tiny fraction better, he wouldnt be competing for a backup job. He would be starting for another team.

What, do you think you can just go on out to the local QB market and pick up a fresh Aaron Rodgers.

He is the perfect backup. You're not going to find much better on any other team. Only a few come to mind, and there are 32 teams.

The Radish

Reaction score
I have never "got" any love for Tarvaris Jackson.

I too watched all those games he played for us before and I guess me and Dom are the only ones that remember he look brilliant in practice but like a deer in the headlights on the field.

Didn't check down on all his receivers, would not throw the ball to the left side of the field, never feels pressure, has about as much running ability as Matty did in his last years.

I agree he has the tools and is really smart. But I remember clearly that his problem is getting it from his head out to his arms/feet to do something,,,,anything!

He takes hours make decisions other players can make in milliseconds.

Lets hope nothing happens to Wilson because all you now supporters will see why we didn't like him before. I use your own logic, you know how he played in the past for all his teams what makes you think he has changed? If so no team would have let him go.

:141847_bnono:

btw CT you're right QBs don't grow on trees. Jackson didn't even grow on a bush. Or a weed for that matter.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":fgyxn5kp said:
I have never "got" any love for Tarvaris Jackson.

I too watched all those games he played for us before and I guess me and Dom are the only ones that remember he look brilliant in practice but like a deer in the headlights on the field.

Didn't check down on all his receivers, would not throw the ball to the left side of the field, never feels pressure, has about as much running ability as Matty did in his last years.

I agree he has the tools and is really smart. But I remember clearly that his problem is getting it from his head out to his arms/feet to do something,,,,anything!

He takes hours make decisions other players can make in milliseconds.

Lets hope nothing happens to Wilson because all you now supporters will see why we didn't like him before. I use your own logic, you know how he played in the past for all his teams what makes you think he has changed? If so no team would have let him go.

:141847_bnono:

btw CT you're right QBs don't grow on trees. Jackson didn't even grow on a bush. Or a weed for that matter.

Yes, finally someone making sense!! He is not a good QB period, Deer in the headlights says it all.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Like you guys were expecting him to be great when he got here in 2011, get real.

But if you expected him to be the terrible, you were wrong as well.

OP
OP
dunceface

dunceface

Reaction score
Well its a good thing he isn't competing for a starting job or else we might have a real dicussion on our hands!

OP
OP
dunceface

dunceface

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":1e85j6kw said:
dunceface":1e85j6kw said:
Well its a good thing he isn't competing for a starting job or else we might have a real dicussion on our hands!

Don't say those words, I could not take another season with Jackson as QB.

MUFASA! MUFASA! MUFASA!

Cartire

Reaction score
A couple of you are just not getting the concept of a backup qb and the current positional value associated with them. You guys have this predetermined mantra of the backup as a starter, and not his role, the backup. As someone somewhere once said, "If your backup is good enough to be a starter, he's not going to be your backup"

So here is my current list of QB's I would not want in lieu of TJ. Feel free to argue it, but I think you will find its harder to do then you think. Backup QB's are Backups for a reason. You guys should be happy TJ is on this team. The pickens are not good.

Current Starters
Mark Sanchez
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Jake Locker (Ill get gruff from UW guys, but he hasnt shown me anything)

Current Backups
Chad Henne
Chase Daniels
Matt Moore
Matt Cassel
Shaun Hill
Colt McCoy
Drew Stanton
Bruce Gradkowski
David Carr
Josh Johnson
Austin Davis
Josh McCown
Luke McCown
Derek Anderson
Charlie Whitehurst
Graham Harrell
Mike Glennon

Notable 3rd stringer (only listed one, but there is no 3rd string QB I would want in lieu of TJ.)

Tebow.

Throwdown

Reaction score
YOu won't get anything from me about Locker, I'm a UW fan and the dude is NOT all that and a bag of chips, no matter how many times my fellow Dawg fans will disagree with me.

I'd also like to say I wouldn't take Shaub or Palmer either with that list of starters.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":2ssrwkj0 said:
A couple of you are just not getting the concept of a backup qb and the current positional value associated with them. You guys have this predetermined mantra of the backup as a starter, and not his role, the backup. As someone somewhere once said, "If your backup is good enough to be a starter, he's not going to be your backup"

So here is my current list of QB's I would not want in lieu of TJ. Feel free to argue it, but I think you will find its harder to do then you think. Backup QB's are Backups for a reason. You guys should be happy TJ is on this team. The pickens are not good.

Current Starters
Mark Sanchez
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Jake Locker (Ill get gruff from UW guys, but he hasnt shown me anything)

Current Backups

Chad Henne
Chase Daniels
Matt Moore
Matt Cassel
Shaun Hill
Colt McCoy
Drew Stanton
Bruce Gradkowski
David Carr
Josh Johnson
Austin Davis
Josh McCown
Luke McCown
Derek Anderson
Charlie Whitehurst
Graham Harrell
Mike Glennon

Notable 3rd stringer (only listed one, but there is no 3rd string QB I would want in lieu of TJ.)

Tebow.

What about
Kirk Cousins
Kyle Orton
Nick Foles
Ryan Mallett(has not started but being under Brady can't be bad)
T.J. Yates