Time to move on from these players...

seabowl

Reaction score
Regardless of their status (under contract or becoming a FA) these players have had their chance and in my opinion it's time to move on:

Rasheem Greene (enough already)
Alton Robinson (yes he's still new but just not productive enough, maybe 1 more year)
Mayowa (waste)
Dunlap (prior to the last few games he was invisible)
Hyder (just not productive)
Pocic (they need someone better)

toffee

Reaction score
seabowl":2xp2xlz8 said:
Regardless of their status (under contract or becoming a FA) these players have had their chance and in my opinion it's time to move on:

Alton Robinson (yes he's still new but just not productive enough, maybe 1 more year)
Mayowa (waste)

From your list:

Pocic will stay, he isn't great but he is close to serviceable and he isn't expensive. And this's his 2nd year playing C.
Dunlap, cutting him won't save much, quite sure John will keep him. And he is productive once he's healthy.
Greene, all depends on price, if low, why not? He is still very young.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
toffee":1wmgcq6h said:
seabowl":1wmgcq6h said:

Mayowa (waste)

From your list:

Pocic will stay, he isn't great but he is close to serviceable and he isn't expensive. And this's his 2nd year playing C.
Dunlap, cutting him won't save much, quite sure John will keep him. And he is productive once he's healthy.
Greene, all depends on price, if low, why not? He is still very young.
The problem I have with the argument of that such and such is inexpensive is, they simultaneously, can take playing time away from a player that could be really good.

I more or less don’t care if they are cheap veteran or not, if a player can come in and play so much better, I wouldn’t want to take away that players spot just cause we have a cheap vet that would take up the roster spot.

justafan

Reaction score
Diggs, he is going to want 17 mil like Adams. I am still holding out for Blair to show what he has. Spend the Diggs money and all we can spare on a CB, pass rush and pass rush.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2shn9th8 said:
Diggs is the best db we have...makes sense to get rid of him
He is a free agent, it isnt about getting rid of him, it is about allocating $$ wisely. And since they already completely pooped the bed with Jamal Adams, they dont have much of a choice. You cant have two of the highest paid safeties in the league when your DL stinks.

justafan

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2e12t3od said:
Diggs is the best db we have...makes sense to get rid of him

I understand people wanting to keep him. He is a very good player. Top pro bowl FSs are getting big bucks. I dont think he signs for less than Adams. He is better IMO. Maybe I am wrong. What do you think he signs for?

I would rather spend 15 to 20 on a pass rush, upgrade at CB or put it towards a LT. Start at the cornerstone positions who make the biggest impact. We have needs across the board on D. Its like starting with a blank slate except Adams contract.

misfit

Reaction score
fun fact

PFF has creed humphrey as the #1 rated center in the league

makes you wonder

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
seabowl":39lfnw0i said:

Mayowa (waste)

I can hear it now. 2022.

"Man, this team has no roster depth at all!"

chris98251

Reaction score
Reading some of these replies and posts.

I just don't understand why we can't sign All Pros at every position cheaply, oh and that is not Pro Bowlers to those that know the difference.

Why don't the All-Pros want to come here and play for cheap, let alone we need more for depth as well, just makes no sense to not want to play with Wilson and Pete, after all what's money when you can win games.

We could stack the whole roster if they all played for under a million a year after all.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
seabowl":1nam3ptm said:

Mayowa (waste)

Agree on Mayowa and Hyder. Meh on Pocic.

Dunlap is signed for year and I think his playing time suffered early because they were forcing Hyder to get those snaps and he had a foot injury. If he didn't have that, he probably would have a double digit sack season. He's also a leader on DL. He's worthy to keep around.

Rasheem Green is very inconsistent but has shown improvement. He's not going to bust any bank.

Robinson is young and learning. Sometimes it's best to let these guys develop. Not everyone is an instant contributor. This guy has potential and is still on his rookie contract.

Latest posts