Time to hold Jed York accountable. Approved Writers List?

Laloosh

Reaction score
I don't know much about York. Just what I hear from our resident Niner fans but can we agree that he looks like a douche bag? I mean, he honestly looks like a spoiled rich douche bag that used to play pranks on "the help" as a kid.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Laloosh":2yswjr7x said:
I don't know much about York. Just what I hear from our resident Niner fans but can we agree that he looks like a douche bag? I mean, he honestly looks like a spoiled rich douche bag that used to play pranks on "the help" as a kid.

Oh yeah, absolutely.

He looks like the type of guy who would slip a date rape drug into a high end prostitute's drink not because he needs to, but just because he's a total unrepetent scumbag.

That said, Eddie D. always looked like a guy who was fencing car stereos, and if forced to guess off picture alone I'd peg Paul Allen as a mortician who was deeefinitellly whispering "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" while molesting the corpses.

Edit: thanks for the cleanup, mod! (sincerely)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":39bk1sn0 said:
Laloosh":39bk1sn0 said:

Oh yeah, absolutely.

He looks like the type of guy who would slip a date rape drug into a high end prostitute's drink not because he needs to, but just because he's a total unrepetent scumbag.

That said, Eddie D. always looked like a guy who was fencing car stereos, and if forced to guess off picture alone I'd peg Paul Allen as a mortician who was deeefinitellly whispering "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" while molesting the corpses.

Edit: thanks for the cleanup, mod! (sincerely)

Mortician, lol. Could make for an interesting thread. Kraft, Irsay, Snyder, Jones... lotta fun to be had there.

NINEster

Reaction score
Harbaugh could very well be the biggest POS head coach the 49ers ever had but I'm pinning York as ultimately responsible for all of this.

He had a decent run where even Singletary's last year was an up trend despite the bad start, and promoting Tomsula to finish the season. Harbaugh years one thru three and the new stadium were good for him.

Just what has transpired prior to the end of 2013 season with the Harbaugh rumors, going forward is unacceptable.

Easier to tweak a good coach, or at least hire an experienced one than to start from scratch.

And now Tomsula, a top 5 DL coach is no longer in that capacity and probably never again for this team.

Idiot.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Marvin49":2f77y3fs said:
dontbelikethat":2f77y3fs said:
Gotta give credit to Kawakami for being right about the implosion all along. Dude was first one to call it, gotta give him his props for that reporting.

Wow. Impressive. If I tell you 10 times between noon and 9PM that its gonna get dark, does that make me a master prognosticator?

If you predict doom and gloom non-stop, you are eventually bound to be right and everyone forgets all the times you were wrong.

That's Kawakami.

Everything Kawakami said was dead on accurate. I think you dislike him more because he was right than anything else.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
@Niner fans.

It's your soap opera, I just enjoy watching it. i want to point out that I have gone from thinking of the Niners as a true rival to thinking of the Niners as a car crash that must be watched. I root for the Niners to be respectable because I think a good Niners team is good for us.

But holy shit. Alex instead of Aaron. It might be the worst decision ever. Checkdown Charlie vs quite possibly the best QB ever.

ringless

Reaction score
I heard that with all the field problems at Levis in the last year when they replace the Sod they are going to use the tore up sod or whats left of it to use for the soccer fields to really stick it to those mangy kids now! :stirthepot:

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2rd7xber said:
But holy shit. Alex instead of Aaron. It might be the worst decision ever. Checkdown Charlie vs quite possibly the best QB ever.

That plus Aaron Rodgers was a local kid. Who grew up a 49ers fan.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
kearly":2rl1kaie said:
Scottemojo":2rl1kaie said:

So who was the GM that made that decision?

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3ax9nyjw said:
kearly":3ax9nyjw said:
Scottemojo":3ax9nyjw said:

They didn't hire one. Mike Nolan was given total control, Scot McCloughan was hired away from the Seahawks as vice president of player personnel, and Trent Baalke was hired as the team's western region scout. I'm not sure if Baalke ever took the blame for his respective evaluations of Alex Smith vs. Aaron Rodgers. As the team's western region scout during that draft, I am sure he had input.

"I remember Aaron Rodgers … at Cal … the way he was taught, very high [delivery], never drop the ball down, very tight shoulder. One release, one release point, no matter what. Never thought in a million years he would look like Brett Favre in terms of all the different arm angles. Now you watch him, he throws it sideways. So, I guess the point I’m making is, as long as the little things [Colin] continues to do allow him to change the arm angles and the trajectory so that every ball doesn’t look the same and every release isn’t the same, that’s what you’re looking for.”

Baalke was in his first season as the 49ers’ western region scout in 2005, when the Niners selected Alex Smith first overall, and Rodgers fell to the Green Bay Packers at No. 24.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-4 ... kaepernick

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2imakyyx said:
They didn't hire one. Mike Nolan was given total control, Scot McCloughan was hired away from the Seahawks as vice president of player personnel, and Trent Baalke was hired as the team's western region scout. I'm not sure if Baalke ever took the blame for his respective evaluations of Alex Smith vs. Aaron Rodgers. As the team's western region scout during that draft, I am sure he had input.

:lol:

So in your world Baalke doesn't get any credit for the 2010 draft because he had only been GM for a few months before it, but takes blame for 9ers selecting Alex Smith because he was in his first year as regional scout? Amazing.

RE: the Smith/Rodgers thing more broadly:

1) He may have ended up being better than Smith, but I seriously don't think Aaron Rodgers would have ever become Aaron Rodgers had the 9ers drafted him first overall.

2) It's not like it was just the 9ers who "missed" on Aaron Rodgers. The guy was only in the conversation for being a top pick to begin with because of the 9ers. He fell to #24 overall.

Kinda crazy going back and looking at it, as there's a ton of teams on there who passed on hm and a decade later are STILL looking for an above average QB, let alone the best one:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/y ... /draft.htm

(still don't think he ever becomes the Aaron Rodgers we know on most of those teams, though).

RichNhansom

Reaction score
hawknation2015":8ip01ojf said:
RichNhansom":8ip01ojf said:
kearly":8ip01ojf said:
Scottemojo":8ip01ojf said:

"I remember Aaron Rodgers … at Cal … the way he was taught, very high [delivery], never drop the ball down, very tight shoulder. One release, one release point, no matter what. Never thought in a million years he would look like Brett Favre in terms of all the different arm angles. Now you watch him, he throws it sideways. So, I guess the point I’m making is, as long as the little things [Colin] continues to do allow him to change the arm angles and the trajectory so that every ball doesn’t look the same and every release isn’t the same, that’s what you’re looking for.”

Baalke was in his first season as the 49ers’ western region scout in 2005, when the Niners selected Alex Smith first overall, and Rodgers fell to the Green Bay Packers at No. 24.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-4 ... kaepernick

Interesting. Thank you.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Popeyejones":8h38glug said:
hawknation2015":8h38glug said:

:lol:

So in your world Baalke doesn't get any credit for the 2010 draft because he had only been GM for a few months before it, but takes blame for 9ers selecting Alex Smith because he was in his first year as regional scout? Amazing.

RE: the Smith/Rodgers thing more broadly:

1) He may have ended up being better than Smith, but I seriously don't think Aaron Rodgers would have ever become Aaron Rodgers had the 9ers drafted him first overall.

2) It's not like it was just the 9ers who "missed" on Aaron Rodgers. The guy was only in the conversation for being a top pick to begin with because of the 9ers. He fell to #24 overall.

Kinda crazy going back and looking at it, as there's a ton of teams on there who passed on hm and a decade later are STILL looking for an above average QB, let alone the best one:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/y ... /draft.htm

(still don't think he ever becomes the Aaron Rodgers we know on most of those teams, though).

More specifically, Baalke was the western regional scout at a time when they did not have a designated GM. I would say Nolan, McCloughan, and Baalke all played a role in their decision to take Smith over Rodgers. All three were in their first seasons with the 49ers.

I don't think I ever said Baalke gets "no credit" for the 2010 draft. He certainly deserves some -- shared with McCloughan, Singletary, and others -- for his best draft pick, Navarro Bowman in the 3rd round.

Personally, I was mystified by Rodgers fall in the draft. He was an unbelievable college player. I was there at the Coliseum when he completed something like 23-consecutive passes on a GREAT Carroll defense. After his Holiday Bowl performance, people seemed to sour on him and negative groupthink took over. Rodgers -- a player that smart and talented -- would have been great wherever he went.

Latest posts