Tim Ryan Calling the Seattle-Carolina Game on Fox

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Tim said this on NFL Radio about a week ago. I guess he will be working with Chris Myers. Anyway, he did a good job covering our games last year.

Cartire

Reaction score
Keyhawk":1r2gmvag said:
Tim said this on NFL Radio about a week ago. I guess he will be working with Chris Myers. Anyway, he did a good job covering our games last year.

He covered half of them, including the game against Carolina last year. He might as well be an official Seahawks caster. Hes very fair in his commentary.

Decimation

Reaction score
I like Tim Ryan so fine with me. He did a pretty good job on a lot of our games last year.

A

Anonymous

I have an idea:

They should really try to have a guy that has a great voice that could describe the action in such a way as to allow one to follow without actually having to see anything yourself. This guy needs to pronounce names correctly and call the action of the plays in a smooth and effortless way.

To add to that, they should have a guy assisting that main guy who is actually a retired player or coach who can speak to why things happened like they did. You know, somebody that has a great amount of football experience and can point out certain aspects of a given play in a way that the common person can understand, yet tactful enough so another knowledgeable person won't feel slighted. Thing is though, they really shouldn't discuss food or try to sell you anything during the game, they should just talk about the players and the action as an extension of the visual broadcast, and provide insight that assists and enhances the game-watching experience.

They could call them the "play-by-play" guy and the "color commentator" guy. I think that would be really cool.

What do guys think?

grizbob

Reaction score
Right now I just want to hear the home boys are calling the Broncos game on NFLN ;)

penihawk

Reaction score
T-rock is one of the best color guys on tv and him and Pat Kirwin have the best show on Sirius. Always enjoy his broadcasts.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1e0zfofk said:
I have an idea:

They should really try to have a guy that has a great voice that could describe the action in such a way as to allow one to follow without actually having to see anything yourself. This guy needs to pronounce names correctly and call the action of the plays in a smooth and effortless way.

To add to that, they should have a guy assisting that main guy who is actually a retired player or coach who can speak to why things happened like they did. You know, somebody that has a great amount of football experience and can point out certain aspects of a given play in a way that the common person can understand, yet tactful enough so another knowledgeable person won't feel slighted. Thing is though, they really shouldn't discuss food or try to sell you anything during the game, they should just talk about the players and the action as an extension of the visual broadcast, and provide insight that assists and enhances the game-watching experience.

They could call them the "play-by-play" guy and the "color commentator" guy. I think that would be really cool.

What do guys think?

I may be going out on a limb , but I think that would ruin the sport.

Cartire

Reaction score
penihawk":9qyk1hly said:
T-rock is one of the best color guys on tv and him and Pat Kirwin have the best show on Sirius. Always enjoy his broadcasts.

Completely agree that him and PK have the best show.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I like this broadcasting crew a lot. They are probably the most objective team I've watched, at least in recent memory. Tim Ryan has an astute grasp of the game, and he seemed genuinely enthusiastic about our team last year. His analysis and commentary was dead on most of the time.

Atradees

Reaction score
His beard is epic as the eighties were. Brock Huard-though he looks like an alien-teamed with Tim. A man can dream....

Throw in a little Dennis miller and his magic lexicon.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Tim Ryan has been awesome.

You know who I never wanna see call games for us again? Mike "Bitch Tits" Martz. That guy was terrible.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
bestfightstory":pobdmas1 said:
His beard is WEAK!

BFS, Tim has such a high beard ranking due to his WPSI index. Way too often in the rankling of the beards is the length given as extra credit to push someone with lessor WPSI index over the top in outright competition.

We aren't talking ZZ Top here. It has been voiced over and over that the Whisker Per Square Inch ranking system trumps all other rating systems.