Tickets for the Colts game

drcool

Reaction score
So it turns out I am driving up to Columbus, OH tomorrow and will be there through the weekend. Gotta go up for my 20 year old brother in law's funeral so it is a sad trip. The service will be on Thursday.

But Columbus is only 3 hours from Indy. I took my Father in Law to the Seahawks-Packers game last year and he had the time of his life so I was thinking I would see if he wanted to go to the game on Sunday with me to kind of get his mind off things for at least a few hours.

Anyone know what kind of luck we will have just buying tickets outside the stadium? I can always use the ticket exchange but I have no idea if we will be able to swing over for the game or not. We could end up needing a total of 8 tickets depending on which other siblings want to go. I am not expecting we will all sit together but it could be a fun way to spend some time with the family.

So what do you guys know about the scalping situation in Indy?

peytonmanning18

Reaction score
drcool":ejb7f3cu said:
So it turns out I am driving up to Columbus, OH tomorrow and will be there through the weekend. Gotta go up for my 20 year old brother in law's funeral so it is a sad trip. The service will be on Thursday.

But Columbus is only 3 hours from Indy. I took my Father in Law to the Seahawks-Packers game last year and he had the time of his life so I was thinking I would see if he wanted to go to the game on Sunday with me to kind of get his mind off things for at least a few hours.

Anyone know what kind of luck we will have just buying tickets outside the stadium? I can always use the ticket exchange but I have no idea if we will be able to swing over for the game or not. We could end up needing a total of 8 tickets depending on which other siblings want to go. I am not expecting we will all sit together but it could be a fun way to spend some time with the family.

You won't have any problem buying tickets on the street in Indianapolis. Scalping is legal and the guys are out in full force for every game. Getting 8 together could be a problem.

BlueShoe

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about you brother in law. 20 is way to young.

I doubt you will have much luck finding 8 tickets (together) for any Colts game. We have been sold out for years and have a season ticket waiting list.

The city cracked down a few years ago on scalping in the streets.

You may have some luck splitting the tickets up into 3-4 different locations, but your only option may be Ticket Master. 8 tickets on Ticket Master is going to be very pricey.

BlueShoe

Reaction score
peytonmanning18":16qrnqdh said:
drcool":16qrnqdh said:

You won't have any problem buying tickets on the street in Indianapolis. Scalping is legal and the guys are out in full force for every game.

That is hard-core. His brother in law just died and you're sending him on an impossible hunt.

OP
OP
D

drcool

Reaction score
We don't necessarily need all 8 together. That would be nice but not necessary. I have no problem being split up in groups of 4 or even 2.

Thanks for the info.

BlueShoe

Reaction score
drcool":1auodgdj said:
We don't necessarily need all 8 together. That would be nice but not necessary. I have no problem being split up in groups of 4 or even 2.

Thanks for the info.

No problem.

I have not seen a single scalper in the streets for the past few years. They passed a law a few years back that all scalpers have to be registered or something like that.

peytonmanning18

Reaction score
BlueShoe":2w5aswul said:
drcool":2w5aswul said:

Thanks for the info.

No problem.

I have not seen a single scalper in the streets for the past few years. They passed a law a few years back that all scalpers have to be registered or something like that.

You must not be looking very hard, they are all over the place downtown. Just take a walk down Illinois St. between Maryland and Georgia by the mall and you'll see 30 dudes selling. With that being said, 2011 was not a good year for scalping tickets. And 2012 was not great either.

BlueShoe

Reaction score
peytonmanning18":24o3z84w said:
BlueShoe":24o3z84w said:
drcool":24o3z84w said:

Thanks for the info.

No problem.

You must not be looking very hard, they are all over the place downtown. Just take a walk down Illinois St. between Maryland and Georgia by the mall and you'll see 30 dudes selling. With that being said, 2011 was not a good year for scalping tickets. And 2012 was not great either.

I haven't seen them. I believe it is illegal now, unless they are registered.

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
I scalped a pair of tickets below face in 2011. I also scalped Pacers playoff tickets this spring. I've never had any problem finding scalpers in Indianapolis.

BBQHawk

Reaction score
Any other .netters attending the colts game? Maybe we can get a little meet and greet put together.

I got my tickets on stubhub and it was steep.

IndianaHawkFan3

Reaction score
Barbque Hawk.... There are a ton of Hawk fans already meeting at Basey's saturday Night 8pm.... Set up by the Midwest Seahawkers club :thirishdrinkers: We have about 50 or so who bought tickets in a group back in July... Tail gate Sunday 10am also... door prizes .. jersey raffles etc...... check out there website or on facebook!!!!! Go Hawks! :th2thumbs:

mikeak

Reaction score
I was talking to my father-in-law about buying tickets off the street . I have done it for major events in probably 15 cities at least and always worked out great. Of course I usually traveled alone making it simple.

BUT there is a new issue these days.

The issue is that you can transfer the ticket electronically and someone simply reprints it. You are travelling through that town and won't be back - scalper is probably not around etc so personally I am not as comfortable any longer to shell out a few hundred bucks on tickets and then walk up to get it scanned and find out if it is valid or not.......

Latest posts