Those Packers' pass plays from SNF? May be as illegal as the

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Not sure if this should be in this forum or the nfl nation forum but....

Those Packers' pass plays from SNF? May be as illegal as they are clever
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...ts-take-a-closer-look-at-whether-theyre-legal
Yes Yes first of all I know its from Prisco but he does have a point.

These pick plays where the WRs are blocking before the ball is even caught and sometimes right when it is thrown are rediculous and need to be stopped and flagged a whole hell of a lot more than they are. Im not bringing this up because he points out packers vs seahawks more so just pointing out how they give the offense even more of an advantage against the defense and it is a rule and should be called.

Packers4

Packers lions

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
We got called on a pick play. I am still in the 3rd quarter of watching our game from Sunday evening. I think that play was too close to call in real time, so they let it go.

jblaze

Reaction score
Those timing types of plays where the ref has to determine when 3 players begin their blocks vs. when a receiver catches the ball will never be called consistently or necessarily accurately, thus they usually aren't called at all.

When I read the subject title, I was actually thinking this was about the Bennett's false start plays being allowed to keep going when it's been shown they should have been called dead. To me, that's the bigger issue.

Exittium

Reaction score
But then what will manning and brady do? don't they thrive off pick plays?

minormillikin

Reaction score
Well, until they start calling penalties for this, maybe the Seahawks should do it more often.

netskier

Reaction score
Basketball players know a lot about pick plays. This is still another reason to deploy Graham with Chris Matthews on the same play. Make Chicago defend simultaneously two tall receivers running pick plays.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
minormillikin":roh26q8s said:
Well, until they start calling penalties for this, maybe the Seahawks should do it more often.

They do call it if it's blatant. Just ask the Redskins last night, they got called for three pick plays by their WR's.

Good teams like the Pats, Packers and Broncos know how to run them without the pick looking obvious. It's called a rub route........and again, the good teams do them well.

Latest posts