Thomas Rawls is a stud

sutz

Reaction score
You guys are on a roll, kind of like Rawls. ;)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3beqeeoe said:
Is anyone else somewhat concerned that he's still using that cast wheel some months later.

I know it was originally thought he would need surgery and then Brock Huard confirmed he would be able to avoid surgery, but man, I hope Rawls can get back to 100% we will need him next year undoubtedly.

Not concerned at all. I'm actually glad. He broke a part of his body (ankle) that bears a lot of force, in almost every direction, most all of the time. I'd much rather he erred to the safe side.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
As this shows running backs aren't that hard to find. My question is does Jimmy recover? If so this team will be Denver with an actual quarterback capable of using his weapons unlike that joke in Santa Clara last Sunday.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1tmuatoe said:
As this shows running backs aren't that hard to find. My question is does Jimmy recover? If so this team will be Denver with an actual quarterback capable of using his weapons unlike that joke in Santa Clara last Sunday.

Recovery being a relative term in this case. Tobeck was the only other Seahawk with that same injury that I can remember. He said the rehab was really difficult, and although he played well after that, he never returned to 100 percent of what he was prior to the injury. Tobeck also had a full season + off-season to recover. I doubt Jimmy will be ready by game one...more like somewhere in the second half of the season, if then. That's not even considering how differently this would affect a very dynamic TE vs a Center.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1yuqv9m9 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1yuqv9m9 said:

Recovery being a relative term in this case. Tobeck was the only other Seahawk with that same injury that I can remember. He said the rehab was really difficult, and although he played well after that, he never returned to 100 percent of what he was prior to the injury. Tobeck also had a full season + off-season to recover. I doDaubt Jimmy will be ready by game one...more like somewhere in the second half of the season, if then.
Damn, well Tobeck didn't have HGH so all isn't set in stone. Though if he could be like the second half version ie. Travis Kelcie level that'd be just fine honestly. With the offense we're going to run he'd be deadly even at 75-80%.

chris98251

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":bsvgtr7v said:

They are, Rawls isn't really an off the shelf back, he was a risk by many teams due to character issues, Michigan doesn't recruit average backs as his performance showed, a good friend of mine was recruited there also as FB, he just had the unfortunate luck to go there the same time Leroy Hoard did, the rest is history.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
Polaris":24q511p4 said:
Armchair Bronco":24q511p4 said:
I'm sure this has already been covered in another thread, but how serious was the injury? Did it require surgery and screws, or was it a clean break that just needs some quiet time in a cast to heal?

Apparently the injury itself was pretty minor. From what I was hearing today on Kiro, Rawls is already about ready to leave his cast/support and go into serious rehab. From what I am hearing, Rawls should be fully ready certainly by training camp and may be ready for OTAs. Of course I might be mistaken, but that is my understanding admittedly second hand.

I hear Rawls is starting his rehab with some micro-aggressions.

Exittium

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1842isp9 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1842isp9 said:

Recovery being a relative term in this case. Tobeck was the only other Seahawk with that same injury that I can remember. He said the rehab was really difficult, and although he played well after that, he never returned to 100 percent of what he was prior to the injury. Tobeck also had a full season + off-season to recover. I doubt Jimmy will be ready by game one...more like somewhere in the second half of the season, if then. That's not even considering how differently this would affect a very dynamic TE vs a Center.

Chuck Darby was another seahawk who tore his patella tendon. We Ended up cutting him the same year.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
SNDavidson":1ojwqhee said:
He's going to be just deadly on wheel routes next year, I hope we can get rolling early this time, the margins in this game are so razor thin.
His receiving ability is what i'm wondering about most.

We know how well he can run, but how much can he help in the passing game?

I've always loved backs who can catch. Keeps the defense honest and gives you an extra receiver.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":37brhr3m said:
SNDavidson":37brhr3m said:
He's going to be just deadly on wheel routes next year, I hope we can get rolling early this time, the margins in this game are so razor thin.
His receiving ability is what i'm wondering about most.

We know how well he can run, but how much can he help in the passing game?

I've always loved backs who can catch. Keeps the defense honest and gives you an extra receiver.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/1...s-31-yard-touchdown-catch-quarterback-russell

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000510431/Rawls-scores-a-19-yard-touchdown

[youtube]a3qdk9vzO4E[/youtube]