This years bye week

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The past two seasons gave us good bye weeks, we were bound to get a bad one. Adapt or die right?

MB12

Reaction score
RiverDog":1useo17g said:
MB12":1useo17g said:
RiverDog":1useo17g said:
MB12":1useo17g said:
Why don't they just let teams pick when their bye is, from best team to worst (or maybe worst to best like the draft)?

Probably because it's a little more complicated than we realize. There are scores if not hundreds of factors that enter into the equation that results in an NFL regular season schedule. Remember last year when the Ravens had to surrender their 'right' to host the season opener because they had a conflict with MLB? Mandating that the bye week fall in Week X for Team Y would further complicate things.

Rather than worrying how the byes fall, I'd rather they concentrate on not doing things like scheduling our two games against the Niners within 18 days of each other.

Good point, and same!

Edit: Though I'm sure Rog would love a NFL Bye draft $$$

Not to change the subject, but I've sarcastically suggested that they instruct all teams wanting to fire their head coaches at any time after Week 12 wait until a specific, league mandated time on Black Monday. They could sell coverage to the event, and handle it like the draft. They could increase the suspense by disclosing how many coaches got fired but leave it to us to guess which ones. Goodell could walk up to the podium with the announcement of each firing, open a sealed envelope just like they do for the Hollywood awards. Imagine the excitement!

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: