This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The San Francisco 49ers

hawker84

Reaction score
I don't think we have any liabilities in our secondary, but we don't have any studs (although Reid could develop into one).

You should go back and rewatch the ATL and BAL games, and rethink this.. Your secondary almost cost you the ATL game and did cost you the SB...

FrankTheTank21

Reaction score
hawker84":ukxga0cp said:
I don't think we have any liabilities in our secondary, but we don't have any studs (although Reid could develop into one).

You should go back and rewatch the ATL and BAL games, and rethink this.. Your secondary almost cost you the ATL game and did cost you the SB...

I've seen both games numerous times.

We went up against two hot QBs with really good WRs and our pass rush suffered due to Justin Smith's and Aldon Smith's injuries.

Coverage was solid for the majority of the season (we were top 6 in passing yards per game and yards per pass). We need to upgrade, but I don't think our secondary is a sieve.

BeahawksSlow

Reaction score
Come on guys. I love the Seahawks just as much as all of you but I have to tell it how it is. We keep mentioning the blowout last year but never mention the fact that the 49ers came into that game beat up from a tough matchup vs the Patriots in freezing cold temperatures and that Justin Smith wasn't even in the game, weakening their run D. If we're going to talk about how the Panthers game was a struggle because of the heat, injuries, travel time and whatnot we have to do the same for the 49ers in that game last season.

This game is gonna be much harder than the last game. The 49ers are coming into this game at full strengh and will want revenge from last year. The sound of the stadium will not be as much of a factor this time around because Kaepernick will come into the game knowing what to expect and will work around it. I love the Seahawks but let's be real. The 49ers are a superior team on both sides of the ball and if the Panthers game is any indication we're in trouble.

I think that the 49ers are going to run the ball all over us and try to limit the long shots down field unlike the last time they played us. I dont see them challenging Sherman and Browner like last time right out of the gate. I see this being an all out slugfest with the 49ers winning 21-14. We will put up a great fight but a determined 49ers team will be too much this time around. I actually like our chances in the second game at Candle stick more than this game because we will hopefully be at close to full strenght. We will probably lose there too but I still like our chances. Let's just wish for no injuries. This is gonna be a tough, physical matchup.

Laloosh

Reaction score
BeahawksSlow":11akhb5t said:
This game is gonna be much harder than the last game. The 49ers are coming into this game at full strengh and will want revenge from last year.

I beg to differ. Their receiving core isn't nearly as threatening this time around. Their secondary hasn't shown that they can stop the pass.

BeahawksSlow

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":37az062i said:
BeahawksSlow":37az062i said:
This game is gonna be much harder than the last game. The 49ers are coming into this game at full strengh and will want revenge from last year.

I beg to differ. Their receiving core isn't nearly as threatening this time around. Their secondary hasn't shown that they can stop the pass.

I hear you But let's not forget who the 49ers where playing against. Rodgers made some amazing. Two of their TD drives where a result of stupid penalties by the 49ers. If the Niners can figure out how to stop killing themselves with penalties coming into this game with us they have a good shot of defeating us. It's damn sure not gonna be easy though.

Their receivers aren't that great right now but I think the running game is gonna be a huge factor in this game and Boldin kinda scares me because they're going to try to go to him on third down with short passes and the way he was catching everything in traffic could give us problems. If there's one team with the secondary to stop that from happening it's us though.

It depends on who plays this game. If hour Clemens and the rest of the crew are healthy we should be able to stop the 49ers from running on us like crazy but if we still have these guys out we're in trouble.

camdawg

Reaction score
BeahawksSlow":8w45qba6 said:
Come on guys. I love the Seahawks just as much as all of you but I have to tell it how it is. We keep mentioning the blowout last year but never mention the fact that the 49ers came into that game beat up from a tough matchup vs the Patriots in freezing cold temperatures and that Justin Smith wasn't even in the game, weakening their run D. If we're going to talk about how the Panthers game was a struggle because of the heat, injuries, travel time and whatnot we have to do the same for the 49ers in that game last season.

This game is gonna be much harder than the last game. The 49ers are coming into this game at full strengh and will want revenge from last year. The sound of the stadium will not be as much of a factor this time around because Kaepernick will come into the game knowing what to expect and will work around it. I love the Seahawks but let's be real. The 49ers are a superior team on both sides of the ball and if the Panthers game is any indication we're in trouble.

I think that the 49ers are going to run the ball all over us and try to limit the long shots down field unlike the last time they played us. I dont see them challenging Sherman and Browner like last time right out of the gate. I see this being an all out slugfest with the 49ers winning 21-14. We will put up a great fight but a determined 49ers team will be too much this time around. I actually like our chances in the second game at Candle stick more than this game because we will hopefully be at close to full strenght. We will probably lose there too but I still like our chances. Let's just wish for no injuries. This is gonna be a tough, physical matchup.

I'm thinking with a user name like BeahawksSlow, you don't love the Seahawks as much as "all of us". :49ersmall:

Maybe you love the Hawks as much as our other San Francisco visitors-at least they're nice enough to identify themselves as such.

Plenty of people mention Cowboy being out, and how his holding and grabbing offensive linemen to clear paths for Aldon Smith, and the lack thereof in Seattle, hurt the Whiner pass rush.

Considering a trip to from SFO to Sea-Tac keeps you in the same time zone, no, we don't have to say that travel was an excuse for SF last year. We were the ones who could've used the travel excuse, playing you on a Thursday, but we don't. We blew plenty of chances to put you away by halftime, but let you hang around with all of our dropped passes. Eventually, we paid for that, just like in December 2011.

December 2012 was the first time we didn't blow our chances...and you saw what happened to your team as a result.

You get no points for creativity with a name like SeahawksBlow. :141847_bnono: Try something more creative next time, like CurryHOF or StoufferFan.

Laloosh

Reaction score
camdawg":x3cfewy9 said:
You get no points for creativity with a name like SeahawksBlow. :141847_bnono: Try something more creative next time, like CurryHOF or StoufferFan.

I really need to start reading names before I respond... what a waste. I'll never get that thirty seconds back.

BeahawksSlow

Reaction score
What? You guys are on some other stuff. I'm a Seahawks fan not a Niners fan lol. I use this username for every forum because my name starts with a b and my last name is Slowly. I use the B to replace the S in Seahawks and just shorten my last name. BeahawksSlow sounds better than BeahawksSlowly so I just get rid of the Y. Check my posts, I'm a Seahawks fans through and through.

I just call it like I see it. This is not going to be an easy game for us like it was last year and all of you know deep down inside that I'm right. Did you see how the Panthers ran on us? Just imagine what one of the best if not the best running attack in the NFL is going to do to us. I'm not saying that we can't win but it's not going to be easy like it was last time, especially if our D isn't 100%. If can't stop the run this could go either way. I don't see Lynch running all over the Niners like he did last game with both Smith brothers back and Healthy. It's going to be a good game. I have respect for the 49ers but I can't stand their fanbase. That doesn't mean I can't give props to their team.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Back to the OP... I chuckled:

NinerG94":1lylkdwr said:
GO NINERS GO!!!!!! Winning in Seattle would be a pretty nice consolation prize for losing the Superbowl. I know nothing can really make us feel better about losing the big game but a win in Seattle will come close. When Seattle plays at home they're a much better team than the one we lost to in the Superbowl so winning this game would go a long way toward making me feel better.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... 4EiW4UL.99

Yeah, game means so little to them (see how i'm generalizing? am i doing it right?)

Marvin49

Reaction score
ugg....and I was thinkin' it had been pretty civil for SF-SEA week.

I guess not.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BeahawksSlow":3j3si0tc said:

My trollDar is going off big time with this post!
Smells like a ninnies troll to me!

camdawg

Reaction score
BeahawksSlow":2lk5dnmo said:
What? You guys are on some other stuff. I'm a Seahawks fan not a Niners fan lol. I use this username for every forum because my name starts with a b and my last name is Slowly. I use the B to replace the S in Seahawks and just shorten my last name. BeahawksSlow sounds better than BeahawksSlowly so I just get rid of the Y. Check my posts, I'm a Seahawks fans through and through.

I just call it like I see it. This is not going to be an easy game for us like it was last year and all of you know deep down inside that I'm right. Did you see how the Panthers ran on us? Just imagine what one of the best if not the best running attack in the NFL is going to do to us. I'm not saying that we can't win but it's not going to be easy like it was last time, especially if our D isn't 100%. If can't stop the run this could go either way. I don't see Lynch running all over the Niners like he did last game with both Smith brothers back and Healthy. It's going to be a good game. I have respect for the 49ers but I can't stand their fanbase. That doesn't mean I can't give props to their team.

You're asking for us to join Webzone as CarmazziFan or Carmen the Capologist. (Steve Young's finally off the payroll, right?)

It should be a very good game, though, you're right about that. We know what the 49er running game can do to us if the game remains close for a long time-it can wear us down. Likewise, we know that Lynch can run for 100 yards on the 49ers defense-he's done it three straight times, right?

Giedi

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":58h9w66y said:
NinerLifer":58h9w66y said:
hawker84":58h9w66y said:
12th man won't be there.

I love it when you prove me right.. You sir have no idea about football, first off Panthers have one of the best front 7's in the game, far from inferior, Cam newton is far from inferior, is he Rogers, no but he's no slouch, we held him to 125 yrds passing. We held them to 250 yrds total, on the road at 10am, with backs ups... Learn a little more about the game before you try and talk football with the big boys.

Your secondary is still suspect, and your lucky GB's coaching staff has no clue how to game plan or make game time adjustments.. I guarentee you Boldin will not go off on us like he did GB sunday...

Are you now claiming that the Panthers defense isn't inferior to the 49er defense?

If so, I know I don't have to include you as one of the self proclaimed "Big Boys".

Statistically, considering that the 49ers and Carolina both played home games against teams that ended last year as two of the more potent offenses in the NFL:

The Panthers D > San Fran D.

You can slice it anyway you want the fact still remains, so far in 2013, Panther's D still allowed less yards and points than your vaunted San Fran D.

Personally I think it's going to be a kind of shoot out game. Similar to what the 49ers had with Green Bay last week. Quite possibly whoever has the ball last might win the game. I think Wilson is as good as Aaron in the passing department - specially when he plays at C-link. Having said that, the fact that the seattle D gave up 134 yards to DeAngelo and Cam - doesn't bode well for the Seattle Run Defense. I wouldn't even bring the 134 yards up as significant, but for the fact that you changed DC's and D Line coaches this year. Neither Quinn or Jones is known for very strong run defenses (at least at their previous NFL jobs). Harbaugh and his coaches are great at halftime adjustments and it remains to be seen if your new coaches can match up with them in defensive adjustments.

Again, I think Seattle has the talent to be a top run defense team. I really do. The problem is that your defense is led by a couple of coaches that have a history of being very average at defending the run. If you can stop the 49er run offense without overcommitting like what Green Bay did, you have a good chance of winning the game. If you have to overcommit, that weakens the seattle pass defense for possible exploitation by the 49er passing attack. If the 49er just get a couple of lucky completions (not easy with the 12th man at Guiness book of world record sound levels) that could be the difference in the game.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
paramedic586":1dtsv7u0 said:
HawkGANG":1dtsv7u0 said:
paramedic586":1dtsv7u0 said:
?[/quote:1dtsv7u0 said:
It's less about the panthers being world beaters and more about winning our opening 10am east coast game in the heat. And its been said to death but Carolina does have a fantastic front 7 which you guys will see later in the year. Aaron Rogers, though arguably the best QB in the league, put up 28 pts against you in your house with a rookie running back. That's not good. I would call that a loss for your defense.

Yes. Arguably the Best QB in the league put up 28 points on our defense. He threw for 333 yards and three TDs. If you look at that stat alone then of course it looks bad. But look at the big picture. The defense held the RB to 2.9 yards a carry. They ran for a total of 63 yards. Offenses don't run on the 49ers well at all. Witch is why you will see inflated stats for the passing defense. Our defense have taken a step back over the past couple of years. RW however has not thrown for more the 300 yards total on the 49ers defense. look at his stats against the 49ers defense it is not very impressive. YET. Wilson very well can have a great game. Your secondary is better. The 49ers secondary however was ranked 4th last year. I would not say that giving up 28 to a very good Packer offense is a "defeat" to our defense. Our front seven looked great. But like I said before the 49ers everybody saw week one will not be the same in week 2.

Well I pointed out the fact Aaron had a rookie running back more because Lacey's inexperience as an NFL pass blocker and less for his running prowess as being a rookie I would expect him to struggle in his first NFL game on the road. So his 63 yards against your D I think is expected. The RW stat regarding not throwing for 300 yards on your D is useless as he's only thrown for over 300 yards in 2 nfl games. We're a run team first and foremost. The reason I would call it a loss for your D last weekend is because you allowed greenbays strength to dominate, GB wasn't gonna win running the ball. Your coaches and players no doubt knew this and couldn't stop it. Oh, and it was a home game as well. But, as you said, I see both teams looking very different this game I'd almost gaurrentee both Gore and Lynch have better games and the QBs worse but well see.

No the entire offense ran 63 yards not lacy. He ran for 41. Lacy isn't going to be an X-factor in blitz pick ups because the 49ers rarely blitz. The 49ers play a 2DL 4 LB 5DB on defense a majority of the time against these type of offenses. Our 3rd CB plays ALOT in those type of games. About the passing statistic with RW we are a run first team as well. Witch makes it a incredibly feat that both our teams won on the arms of our QBs instead of our running game. About Green bay scoring. They scored on us four times. However they only had the ball for around 8minutes and 30 seconds in those scoring drives. the Packers had 13 drives with only 4 scores. That is about 30% scoring. The packers played a hurry up offense that was new. So our defense actually did very well against that. The forced six punts 1 fumble and 1 interception. That is not bad against an elite offense. Again not our defenses best outing but it is not something that i find concerning as of now. Especially since the packers offense is an elite offense.

I don't care how many yards Lacey ran for it has nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make which is giving up 28 pts to any offense in your stadium is a loss for your defense. I'm also not saying you should be concerned per say but as you said it wasn't your best showing.

Giedi

Reaction score
HawkGANG":2hmw6ng9 said:
paramedic586":2hmw6ng9 said:
?":2hmw6ng9 said:
It's less about the panthers being world beaters and more about winning our opening 10am east coast game in the heat. And its been said to death but Carolina does have a fantastic front 7 which you guys will see later in the year. Aaron Rogers, though arguably the best QB in the league, put up 28 pts against you in your house with a rookie running back. That's not good. I would call that a loss for your defense.

Yes. Arguably the Best QB in the league put up 28 points on our defense. He threw for 333 yards and three TDs. If you look at that stat alone then of course it looks bad. But look at the big picture. The defense held the RB to 2.9 yards a carry. They ran for a total of 63 yards. Offenses don't run on the 49ers well at all. Witch is why you will see inflated stats for the passing defense. Our defense have taken a step back over the past couple of years. RW however has not thrown for more the 300 yards total on the 49ers defense. look at his stats against the 49ers defense it is not very impressive. YET. Wilson very well can have a great game. Your secondary is better. The 49ers secondary however was ranked 4th last year. I would not say that giving up 28 to a very good Packer offense is a "defeat" to our defense. Our front seven looked great. But like I said before the 49ers everybody saw week one will not be the same in week 2.

Well I pointed out the fact Aaron had a rookie running back more because Lacey's inexperience as an NFL pass blocker and less for his running prowess as being a rookie I would expect him to struggle in his first NFL game on the road. So his 63 yards against your D I think is expected. The RW stat regarding not throwing for 300 yards on your D is useless as he's only thrown for over 300 yards in 2 nfl games. We're a run team first and foremost. The reason I would call it a loss for your D last weekend is because you allowed greenbays strength to dominate, GB wasn't gonna win running the ball. Your coaches and players no doubt knew this and couldn't stop it. Oh, and it was a home game as well. But, as you said, I see both teams looking very different this game I'd almost gaurrentee both Gore and Lynch have better games and the QBs worse but well see.

The 49er defense was definitely gashed by the Green Bay offense, (in both the passing and rushing departments) but keep in mind, Eddie Lacy was stripped of the ball and Aaron was picked off, and the 49ers didn't give up a turnover. Seattle was the recipient of two Carolina turnovers and still had a tough time winning the game. I think if DeAngelo doesn't fumble on that last Carolina Drive, I still think Seattle wins it, but it would have to be one of those last second deals like the Seattle v. Green Bay game last year. What I will say is that Seattles offensive performance in Carolina was sub par, I'm very sure Seattle can do better, and they will when they play at C-link. But it will take Seattles offensive best to beat the 49ers.

Giedi

Reaction score
HawkGANG":1lsz1prm said:
paramedic586":1lsz1prm said:
HawkGANG":1lsz1prm said:

No the entire offense ran 63 yards not lacy. He ran for 41. Lacy isn't going to be an X-factor in blitz pick ups because the 49ers rarely blitz. The 49ers play a 2DL 4 LB 5DB on defense a majority of the time against these type of offenses. Our 3rd CB plays ALOT in those type of games. About the passing statistic with RW we are a run first team as well. Witch makes it a incredibly feat that both our teams won on the arms of our QBs instead of our running game. About Green bay scoring. They scored on us four times. However they only had the ball for around 8minutes and 30 seconds in those scoring drives. the Packers had 13 drives with only 4 scores. That is about 30% scoring. The packers played a hurry up offense that was new. So our defense actually did very well against that. The forced six punts 1 fumble and 1 interception. That is not bad against an elite offense. Again not our defenses best outing but it is not something that i find concerning as of now. Especially since the packers offense is an elite offense.

I don't care how many yards Lacey ran for it has nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make which is giving up 28 pts to any offense in your stadium is a loss for your defense. I'm also not saying you should be concerned per say but as you said it wasn't your best showing.

No the 49er defense definitley wasn't at its best. Again, you have to factor in that Green Bay's offense is one of the better ones in the NFL. As for our Home record, it's been 4 years since Seattle has beat the 49ers at home. That means even during the pre-Harbaugh days, Seattle couldn't win. Having said that, I think Wilson is the X-factor and difference maker. But the problem is that Seattle's road record is average when compared to their home record. If there is a team that *needs* to win at home, it's Seattle.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Giedi":3u7tvvep said:
No the 49er defense definitley wasn't at its best. Again, you have to factor in that Green Bay's offense is one of the better ones in the NFL. As for our Home record, it's been 4 years since Seattle has beat the 49ers at home. That means even during the pre-Harbaugh days, Seattle couldn't win. Having said that, I think Wilson is the X-factor and difference maker. But the problem is that Seattle's road record is average when compared to their home record. If there is a team that *needs* to win at home, it's Seattle.

We'll see how things play out, but they're very one dimensional. Of course Rodgers is a great QB, but he's all that they've got going for them.

So tired of stuff like this. Between the '05 and '07 seasons, we won three division titles and swept San Francisco twice. I'm not on your boards saying shit like that because I know how arbitrary those stats are. They mean nothing in the here and now just like all of you wads keep railing about how unimportant 42-13 is this year. I guarantee that 42-13 weighs more heavily on SF than those road losses in past years mean to the current Seahawks but again, doesn't matter. Both teams are completely confident in their ability to beat the other. San Francisco has won the same number of division titles that the freaking Cardinals won in the two years prior.

In order to match our home record, we'd have to go undefeated on the road. That doesn't exactly make us sound like a BAD team. Not sure why we should be upset about it. We have a confident team. We won our first road game of the season, do you really think we as fans or the players in our locker room are nervous?

I don't think this Sunday means much in the grand scheme. Both teams have key players out on either side of the ball. Later in the season, we'll know more about these two teams.

Kakaww

Reaction score
Giedi":2srf6y57 said:

Seattle has gone 4-1 in their last five road games fwiw. In the past, I'd say you were spot on, but this is a better team, capable of doing much better on the road, as proven by recent success. So, while I think every game is crucial in making the playoffs and obtaining a good seed, I don't feel like they need to sweep at home to get there. I think they need home wins exactly as much as everyone else.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":26envtbe said:
We'll see how things play out, but they're very one dimensional. Of course Rodgers is a great QB, but he's all that they've got going for them.

Huh? They also had the 11th ranked defense in the league last year despite all of their injuries.

I've always found it kind of odd how much the Packers get minimized around here. Is it just because the 9ers beat them, or you guys really don't think they're a good team?

I dunno. Does 11-5 and the divisional round qualify a team as good or not? It seems pretty inconsistently applied 'round these parts. ;)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":35ye4im4 said:
E.C. Laloosh":35ye4im4 said:

Huh? They also had the 11th ranked defense in the league last year despite all of their injuries.

I've always found it kind of odd how much the Packers get minimized around here. Is it just because the 9ers beat them, or you guys really don't think they're a good team?

I dunno. Does 11-5 and the divisional round qualify a team as good or not? It seems pretty inconsistently applied 'round these parts. ;)

I dunno. They did only put up 12 points with the help of a terrible PI call here in Seattle last year.

Their defense gave up 34 points to a San Francisco team that could only muster 6 points in three quarters here in Seattle last year as well. Their only touchdown coming in garbage time when our backups were playing defense.

I know that you think you're being funny but does that sound like a wrecking ball of a team to you? Maybe the NFC North was soft last year?

Latest posts