This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The San Francisco 49ers

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Kakaww":8spl9pef said:
It was good to see the Niners struggle on defense and at running the ball (and at home to boot.) I think the LOB will be able to contain Boldin much better, though Davis could have a good/great day. Overall, I'm feeling really good about next week.

The reason the 49ers struggled running the ball is the same reason Kap threw for 412 yards. As for struggling on defense, Aaron Rodgers. He can make any defense struggle. Still, Seattle will do well with RW running around back there.

Jville

Reaction score
I must be tired. Does this make any sense?

The reason the 49ers struggled running the ball is the same reason Kap threw for 412 yards.
And, what is the meaning of this ...
As for struggling on defense, Aaron Rodgers.

rlkats

Reaction score
I think he is saying that the Niners took what was given to them. The run game was shut own. So they went one dimensional thank god it worked this time.

And the other is that Aaron R. is a damn great qb that gives any D fits.

camdawg

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3a7i86ml said:
Here is to an injury free game guys!

If the Niners of today, play the Seahawks of today, Niners will walk out of Seattle 2-0. You guys obviously have some adjustments that need to be made, as both sides of your team didn't impress. You guys got the win, and in the end that's all that matters. However, if you guys play like you did today against an inferior Panthers team next Sunday, you guys will be in for a long night.

Thankfully we get to play against a 49ers defense that really didn't impress against Green Bay AT HOME. You give up 28 points again, you'll have close to no chance of walking out of Seattle with a win.

The only thing that would concern me about the 49ers, is if Seattle don't cash in their opportunities early, to really force you to throw a lot. That's how we lost the second game in 2011 (dive for the pylon, Tarvaris!), and the first game in 2012 (drop after drop, after drop).

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
What? We actually play the "ninners" next? Should I be screared? Keapernick did pass for 412 against Green Bay.....hnm...interesting. Kaepernick is gonna see the big leagues September 15th.

Interestingly Wilson goes for 340 against a better defense on the road.....seems like people are trying to prove if both are pocket passers.....first victory out of 2 of 3 of this year is coming up.:)

iigakusei

Reaction score
The two best teams in the league go to battle. Should be awesome.

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
God I want us to beat them. I want to beat them so bad. Seriously, you guys. Let's go Seahawks! Words cannot describe how much I love this team. And how much I hate smug 49er fans who are already calling this game our "superbowl." As if nothing we ever do will be as exciting as getting a chance to grace the same field as the San Francisco 49ers. Bleh.

Let's just beat them, okay? I was at the 42-13 beat down last season as a christmas gift to my father. Let's see that again. You guys with me? Go Hawks!

uncle fester

Reaction score
This will not be a blowout in any direction.

Boldin vs Sherman should be fun to watch. Gore got 44 yds off 21 carries v GB? Is that right??

The one that I'm keeping an eye on is Vernon Davis, as usual. Our ability to cover opposing TEs doesn't look to have vastly improved from last season.

OverWeightMan

Reaction score
The seahawks should worry about scoring more than 3 points a quarter. I guarantee the 49ers' D is stronger than a Carolina team that gave up 363 points a season ago. Pump them up all you want, it was the Panthers and everyone knows it!

HawkMeat

Reaction score
OverWeightMan":1dlzywql said:
The seahawks should worry about scoring more than 3 points a quarter. I guarantee the 49ers' D is stronger than a Carolina team that gave up 363 points a season ago. Pump them up all you want, it was the Panthers and everyone knows it!

Rabble rabble rabble..
:49ersmall:

hawker84

Reaction score
OverWeightMan":3bb0zrux said:

I think you should worry about the 7 points a qrtr you gave up at home, and then worry about the less than 2 points per qrtr we gave up on the road with half our starter on D out.

Then worry about playing in arguably the loudest pro stadium in the country, where false starts are handed out on a regular basis, your offense still seems to be struggling getting the play in on time, and that's at home, how are they going to fair at the CLink? Kap's good no doubt, but we are not the GB packers secondary, he's going to earn every yrd this sunday as is boldin and VD...

Weadoption

Reaction score
I see a big dose of the jumbo set and Gore/run game going right through you.
I see RW converting 3rd down after third down scrambling around all scarily Montana like n stuff.

Will be a good one, the kind of game that Vegas hates to work the line on.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
hawker84":13juyrfx said:
OverWeightMan":13juyrfx said:

I think you should worry about the 7 points a qrtr you gave up at home, and then worry about the less than 2 points per qrtr we gave up on the road with half our starter on D out.

Are you seriously comparing Cam Newton to Aaron Rogers???

And scoring only 12 points against an inferior Panthers defense doesn't look good when your next opponent is the 49ers. Like I said, lucky for you guys your 12th man will be there too.

But later in the season with the division title on the line, and conference seeding up for grabs, your 12th man won't be there.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":23b96834 said:
Keapernick did pass for 412 against Green Bay.....hnm...interesting. Kaepernick is gonna see the big leagues September 15th.

The Packers went 11-5, won in the Wild Card round and lost in the Divisional round.
The Seahawks went 11-5, won in the Wild Card round, and lost in the Divisional round.

How are the Seahawks the "big leagues" and the Packers aren't?

KCHawkGirl":23b96834 said:
Interestingly Wilson goes for 340 against a better defense

The Packers had the 11th rated defense last year and the Panthers had the 10th. The Packers were 11th best in points given up per game and the Panthers were below average at 18th best.

Calling the Panthers a "better defense" is also a stretch.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Panthers will actually have an elite front 7 this year and they played in a wet sweltering swamp.
that was a gutty Hawks win I thought.
Kap showed the world beyond a doubt he ain't a 1 trick Pony too.

Ninerg

Reaction score
Popeyejones":k34ilzsq said:
KCHawkGirl":k34ilzsq said:
Keapernick did pass for 412 against Green Bay.....hnm...interesting. Kaepernick is gonna see the big leagues September 15th.

The Packers went 11-5, won in the Wild Card round and lost in the Divisional round.
The Seahawks went 11-5, won in the Wild Card round, and lost in the Divisional round.

How are the Seahawks the "big leagues" and the Packers aren't?

KCHawkGirl":k34ilzsq said:
Interestingly Wilson goes for 340 against a better defense

The Packers had the 11th rated defense last year and the Panthers had the 10th. The Packers were 11th best in points given up per game and the Panthers were below average at 18th best.

Calling the Panthers a "better defense" is also a stretch.

The Panthers D is better this year. However the problem for Panthers is that they have no talent on offense, its Cam Newton and no else, Steve Smith is like a 100 years old.

Ninerg

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3ohw0rev said:
hawker84":3ohw0rev said:
OverWeightMan":3ohw0rev said:

And scoring only 12 points against an inferior Panthers defense doesn't look good when your next opponent is the 49ers. Like I said, lucky for you guys your 12th man will be there too.

But later in the season with the division title on the line, and conference seeding up for grabs, your 12th man won't be there.

Cam has fewer weapons than Aaron Rodgers, so you cannot compare. Cam Newton always get blamed when the Panthers lose even though he is the only reason they are competitive in the first place.

Ninerg

Reaction score
hawker84":11adnkos said:
OverWeightMan":11adnkos said:

Then worry about playing in arguably the loudest pro stadium in the country, where false starts are handed out on a regular basis, your offense still seems to be struggling getting the play in on time, and that's at home, how are they going to fair at the CLink? Kap's good no doubt, but we are not the GB packers secondary, he's going to earn every yrd this sunday as is boldin and VD...

You held a team to 7 points that truly only have one offensive threat and that's the QB, Cam Newton. Did you know Cam led the Panthers in rushing last season? That's a bad sign when the a teams QB leads to team in rushing. I was expecting the Seahawks to when by at least two TD's. I knew it would be tough early on, considering the Panthers defense, but I thought you guys would eventually overwhelm them in second half.

hawker84

Reaction score

But later in the season with the division title on the line, and conference seeding up for grabs, your
12th man won't be there.

I love it when you prove me right.. You sir have no idea about football, first off Panthers have one of the best front 7's in the game, far from inferior, Cam newton is far from inferior, is he Rogers, no but he's no slouch, we held him to 125 yrds passing. We held them to 250 yrds total, on the road at 10am, with backs ups... Learn a little more about the game before you try and talk football with the big boys.

Your secondary is still suspect, and your lucky GB's coaching staff has no clue how to game plan or make game time adjustments.. I guarentee you Boldin will not go off on us like he did GB sunday...