This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: ***SUPER BOWL EDITION***

davidonmi

Reaction score
Smellyman":qbg77ag7 said:
davidonmi":qbg77ag7 said:
2 things I've seen
1. The Wilson/Grossman comparison is downright idiocy.
2. Using regular season games to define Lynch's season is also dumb. It's obvious he's been scaling back, and has finally unleashed in the playoffs. He's saved his best stuff for this game

I quite like the Sherman is overrated and the comparison of the Seattle D to Kansas City.
please post the D comparison to KC. Holy cow that is laughable

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
They have every right in the world to be confident. They got the job done this year and have a one of the best QBs to play the game.

I am also however confident that the Seahawks play the kind of football that keeps Manning on the sideline.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I think the comment that the Seahawks don't have a pass rush was one of the better ones I saw.

davidonmi

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3om6hkqm said:
They have every right in the world to be confident. They got the job done this year and have a one of the best QBs to play the game.

I am also however confident that the Seahawks play the kind of football that keeps Manning on the sideline.
Yep, but doesn't make it any less fun to make fun of their stupidity

hawker84

Reaction score
Still trying to figure out how these two teams are similar? we're like the exact oppositie of eachother. but whatever. Ya it would appear that we don't stand a chance, that offense jugernaut is going to roll right over us it appears.

my favorite comment however is, "now that Bailey's back and healthy he'll show sherm how a real cornerback plays"...

all i'm reading is ya our defense is pretty good, but that's because we haven't faced an offense like them yet this season, which may be true, but i'm still a very firm believer that this defense is ranked #1 because they're pretty damn good.

Peyton will have some success i'm sure, but to think Denver is going to roll over Seattle is nothing more than a hope and a prayer. Peyton will throw 50 times, because he's going to have to.

Our offense will have some success because if we can put up 20+ on the second best defense in the league, no reason we can't improve on that against soft a** Denver.

Polaris

Reaction score
You may want to remind our Bronco "friends" that we did play each other in pre-season and both teams and both coaches played the game for keeps (Peyton Manning played the entire first half).

Seattle won that game and it wasn't particularly close.

Now, I will grant that a lot of time has passed since then, but we already have some idea of how the teams do in fact match up with each other, and those matchups favor Seattle (esp in an outside game).

Largent80

Reaction score
Their strength against ours. Historically the best defense usually wins. Also, I see our offense moving the ball well vs. them. A great matchup for the Hawks.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Love how the most active topic on 'Orange Mane' (seriously thats the best you could do as far as a site name? Orange mane?) is just a couple pages making fun of RW's wife.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Largent80":xlppdvep said:
Their strength against ours. Historically the best defense usually wins. Also, I see our offense moving the ball well vs. them. A great matchup for the Hawks.

I'd much rather play Denver than SF or CAR.

Polaris

Reaction score
It's a little unusual for the top teams in each conference to have almost completely dissimiliar philosophies and approaches to football, but that's what happened this year. The top teams in the AFC (with the possible exception of the Chiefs) were like top notch offensive surgeons with a defense that was "good enough".

The NFC (with the possible exception of the Saints....and even THEY had to reform late) were like brute force "barbarians" that would use their defenses to 'burn your villiage' and 'hear the lamentations of your women'.

I know which philosophy I'd give the edge to.

Largent80

Reaction score
First of all, they WILL NOT stop Lynch, and secondly, we will add to Mannings list of failures with our linebackers and LOB.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Those AFC Offenses were easily two of the most dangerous in football. San Diego may be a struggling team, but Rivers on a good day can torch any D on any given Sunday. And Brady needs no explanation. Russell Wilson is a very talented young QB in my opinion. But is he ready to be able to calm himself down in the heat of pressure?
the Chargers? Oh geez.
SF has a better offense than SD and certainly better weapons and a better Oline than NE

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't blame them for being confident, but at least keep it to the Bronco offense potential success on the Hawks defense.

I wonder if all the experts that are quick to dismiss the Seahawks offense realize that the Hawks ended the season and playoffs going against 6 of the top 8 defensive teams in the NFL. The Hawks were number one, so they don't count. And according to Denver fans, stopping Blount means that Lynch won't be a problem.

Tampa and Tennessee both had higher ranked defenses than Denver.

davidonmi

Reaction score
The broncos have a good run defense however lynch just ran for 110 on San Fran so them thinking they'll just shut him down no problem is wishful thinking Blount ran wild on two really bad defenses so he came into that game overrated

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Pointless to even bother. We already know what they think there is a stat for every argument. There is one fact that cannot be argued. That is that if you don't have the ball, you can't score and the clock still runs in spite of it.

The Bronco fans will believe that there is no way Seattle can match up against their machine of awesomeness. They will also believe that the Hawks can't move the ball against their defense. After all, they stopped the Pats right?

Meh... I don't care. The Hawks just do what they do and win most of their games. I am very confident that the Hawks will move the ball well and be in this game in the 4th quarter.

hawker84

Reaction score
It's actually quite comical reading some of the theories over there, it's basically everything we've heard each week by a team that's never played us.

RW is too short, make him throw over the lineman
Keep him in the pocket he can't throw from there
make him scramble, he's small if he gets hit hard we can put him out of the game
recievers suck
lynch is hard to tackle, need to get him running east and west, ( no speed )
TE's and backs will not be an issue, our LB's are fast enough to hang with them
RW can't bring a team from behind or put the team on his shoulders and lead them to a win

same old stuff, i would suggest any bronco fans lurking to go back and watch some games, maybe take a peak at his stats for the last two years, might change your mind a bit. He didn't tie/break several records for nothing including one by your lord and savior Peyton Manning i might add.

More i get into SB mode the more I'm confident our offense will be competitive, our D will play lights out.

stonewallj799

Reaction score
Reaneypark":2z5l95ne said:
I think the comment that the Seahawks don't have a pass rush was one of the better ones I saw.

Yeah along with the comparison to KC defense. Such a joke. KC defense was sooo much worse the second half of the season when Denver played them. Manning is going to be running for his life if he try's to go down field.

davidonmi

Reaction score
stonewallj799":2ea8a5jo said:
Reaneypark":2ea8a5jo said:

Yeah along with the comparison to KC defense. Such a joke. KC defense was sooo much worse the second half of the season when Denver played them. Manning is going to be running for his life if he try's go down field.
KC's defense loaded up on a bunch of backup QB's to start the season. Look at the stats they were never able to stop the run. Once they played someone they collapsed