This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: NFC CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION

ptisme

Reaction score
Packer fan here. First post. I think Green Bay has a chance. Their running game at this point is nearly as good as Dallas and their defense is comparable.
But they have a real chance of getting blown out and having an immobile Rodgers being led out on a stretcher. You guys have a great team and should enjoy the ride now because the NFL is built to bring down dynasties. I'd imagine you may lose an assistant or two this year (assistant coaches are the life blood of player development).

Once you sign Wilson to that big contract (May be the highest paid player in the NFL if he snags another Lombardi) you will start to lose some outstanding players on that defense. Over the next two to three years you will start to learn how life is with team weaknesses as you can't keep it all together. And you'll have to deal with the fans of some upstart team with a hot shot quarterback in his first contract that may be calling your team "soft".

I'd wish you good luck this week but really, it is the Pack that's going to need luck to come out of there with a win...

tom sawyer

Reaction score
LaSeeno":1gg5cql7 said:
Cartire":1gg5cql7 said:
ExpatPack":1gg5cql7 said:
LOL at this thread.

Look, I could run around collecting all the idiot Seahawks fans posts, collect them and put them on a Packers forum to prove just how idiotic Hawks fans are. So what? It just means I cherry-picked the biggest idiots and painted all Hawks fans with one brush.

Welcome to Smack talk and bulletin board material. Its called getting hyped for a game. Try it sometime. Its extremely fun.

smh

Well.... in that case.
SD, KC, and the Rams are all teams that are far from being great and the Hawks lost to all three. Granted these were away games but it doesn't matter. A loss is a loss.

Uhmm.. we were struggling with injuries and these were not sudden death playoff games in the CLink. So a loss in games that essentially meaning nothing in the grand scheme of reaching the SB are not just "losses".They are technically "meaningless" losses!!

LaSeeno

Reaction score
tom sawyer":3etk4x90 said:
LaSeeno":3etk4x90 said:
Cartire":3etk4x90 said:
ExpatPack":3etk4x90 said:
LOL at this thread.

Look, I could run around collecting all the idiot Seahawks fans posts, collect them and put them on a Packers forum to prove just how idiotic Hawks fans are. So what? It just means I cherry-picked the biggest idiots and painted all Hawks fans with one brush.

Welcome to Smack talk and bulletin board material. Its called getting hyped for a game. Try it sometime. Its extremely fun.

smh

Well.... in that case.
SD, KC, and the Rams are all teams that are far from being great and the Hawks lost to all three. Granted these were away games but it doesn't matter. A loss is a loss.

Uhmm.. we were struggling with injuries and these were not sudden death playoff games in the CLink. So a loss in games that essentially meaning nothing in the grand scheme of reaching the SB are not just "losses".

Then week 1 means nothing as well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ptisme":2yc6nwvo said:
Once you sign Wilson to that big contract (May be the highest paid player in the NFL if he snags another Lombardi) you will start to lose some outstanding players on that defense. Over the next two to three years you will start to learn how life is with team weaknesses as you can't keep it all together. And you'll have to deal with the fans of some upstart team with a hot shot quarterback in his first contract that may be calling your team "soft".

actually, all the star players on D are signed for multiple years, outside one, who will get signed this offseason.

The team really is set up for a strong 4-5 year run, so good was their drafts over a 2-3 year period.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
LaSeeno":nzofo1nj said:
Cartire":nzofo1nj said:
ExpatPack":nzofo1nj said:
LOL at this thread.

smh

Well.... in that case.

Who has Seattle beaten outside of Green Bay in week 1 and Denver in week 3? A Philly team led by butt fumble?

Seattle has had a pretty flimsy schedule thus far. Despite it being 6th in strength, it's pretty weak. QBless Rams 2x, QBless Cardinals 2x, Carolina was awful early, SF was awful all season, Raiders, awful New York team.

Outside of the numbers this is probably the easiest path a SB champion has ever had to repeat. Toss in an easy matchup against Carolina. It's laughable.

so its 6th in strength but pretty flimsy? they also played everyone in the top 8 (making those teams SOS even stronger).

sound logic, though.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
LaSeeno":29szx2ny said:
tom sawyer":29szx2ny said:
LaSeeno":29szx2ny said:
Well.... in that case.

Uhmm.. we were struggling with injuries and these were not sudden death playoff games in the CLink. So a loss in games that essentially meaning nothing in the grand scheme of reaching the SB are not just "losses".

Then week 1 means nothing as well.

Well, ... hold up there, where is the this game being played next Sunday.. and WHY?!! ;) gotcha

ptisme

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2u60rdha said:
ptisme":2u60rdha said:

actually, all the star players on D are signed for multiple years, outside one, who will get signed this offseason.

The team really is set up for a strong 4-5 year run, so good was their drafts over a 2-3 year period.
I really like your GM, home town Green Bay guy.... You're QB is also a Badger:) You could pull in a couple SB's during the next 10 years.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
LaSeeno":20k4uxlp said:
Who has Seattle beaten outside of Green Bay in week 1 and Denver in week 3? A Philly team led by butt fumble?

Seattle has had a pretty flimsy schedule thus far. Despite it being 6th in strength, it's pretty weak. QBless Rams 2x, QBless Cardinals 2x, Carolina was awful early, SF was awful all season, Raiders, awful New York team.

Outside of the numbers this is probably the easiest path a SB champion has ever had to repeat. Toss in an easy matchup against Carolina. It's laughable.

I mean, you kind of answered your own question and then rendered it redundant. We had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL. Every team showed some kind of weakness this season, the second favourite Patriots have looked like crap in patches and got blown out by the Chiefs. They were the second best team in the divisional round too.

The Seahawks have done the double over two play-off teams in the Cards and Panthers. Scoff at them all you want, the Cards beat the Lions, who managed to split with you this season. You also got blown out by the .438 Saints. I can't remember the last time we got blown out, let alone by a terrible team.

All of your losses have come away from home, the ones against the Bills and Saints in really ugly fashion. Do you have any convincing form away from home? Great, you blew out a team lead by Jay Cutler. Other than that I see squeakers against the Vikes and Fins, plus a comfy win against the team picking first in the draft.

Yep, we lost at SD. It occurred during the spell that had people anointing Rivers the MVP in ridiculously hot conditions. They beat us fair and square, no qualms. At 9 points it was however the heaviest defeat we've suffered under Russell Wilson.

Did you see the Rams game? Freak incident. No real shame in losing a squeaker at KC either, especially having just lost Mebane for the season.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ptisme":3uu8atze said:
Uncle Si":3uu8atze said:
ptisme":3uu8atze said:

I really like your GM, home town Green Bay guy.... You're QB is also a Badger:) You could pull in a couple SB's during the next 10 years.

Im no hater of the Packers either. living in this giant ice rink we call MN im happy to see/hear anything that causes the good sports fans here discomfort.

(for the simple fact that if they did not live here, it would not exist, and thus I would not live here... or atleast I'd have the whole damn rink to myself)

ptisme

Reaction score
You guys have a great team. I honestly didn't watch the Dallas-Seattle game. How did they beat you?

Cartire

Reaction score
ptisme":2i7af4oq said:
You guys have a great team. I honestly didn't watch the Dallas-Seattle game. How did they beat you?

They controlled the ball well, but it all came down to an insane fluke play on 3-19 where Romo was able to buy time in the pocket narrowly getting sacked and chucking an insane ball to the sidelines where Williams made an amazing toe-tapping grab. A great play that cost us the game, so mad we let them convert that. But it was an amazing show of skill for all of them. They earned that victory, it wasnt easy for them.

ptisme

Reaction score
BTW, You guys really have a slick, user friendly forum here.... Very nice....

morgulon1

Reaction score
Lot's of very confident Packer fans over in Packerville. Nothing wrong with this. They have a great team with a proud tradition. I'd be a little upset if my team were to have to go on the road ( with an injured MVP qb ) to play the #1 defense and WORLD CHAMPIONS !!! Here's a sample:

" just looked at some of the Seahawks forums, and actual evidence of "thinking" was pretty hard to come by. It seems like the consensus opinion is that the Seahawks are going to win the game "because, well, they're the Seahawks." Hardly any analysis of the Packers at all, that I could find. It's all just "Hawks are so fast, RW awesome, etc."

They kind of remind me of Vikings fans..."

morgulon1

Reaction score
Cartire":1h97q7a6 said:
ptisme":1h97q7a6 said:

They controlled the ball well, but it all came down to an insane fluke play on 3-19 where Romo was able to buy time in the pocket narrowly getting sacked and chucking an insane ball to the sidelines where Williams made an amazing toe-tapping grab. A great play that cost us the game, so mad we let them convert that. But it was an amazing show of skill for all of them. They earned that victory, it wasnt easy for them.

That was when Kam Mebane and Wagner were injured, it still took an act of desperation to barely beat us.

Jebediah-Hawkfan

Reaction score
BlueThunder":38uwsdx5 said:
Reaneypark":38uwsdx5 said:
I'll be very suprised if we don't have a double-digit margain of victory on Sunday.

You and me both. No matter what people say about Carolina, that defense is indisputably the real deal, and our O put up points on 'em anyways. Only thing about GB that gives me any worry is Rodgers having a white-hot day...

I already booked flights to AZ for the Super Bowl. I wanted to go so badly last season but scheduling issues hindered it.

Rodgers aint having a White hot day one one leg. I expect no challenge.

Also I cant wait to feel the warm AZ air. I hate this cold weather of Chicago it sucks.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ExpatPack":2aigk0nw said:
LOL at this thread.

As a Packer fan, the boards I frequent (which I think are the best ones) are pretty much in agreement that this will be a very difficult for the Packers to win, and that Seattle should be favored. I'd say about 75% are saying that. Yeah, there's always the kool-aid drinking bunch, but you have plenty of those on your boards too. Lacy will get stuffed, Rodgers won't be able to pass and he'll get picked twice and will be on his back the rest of the time, Packers won't be able to do anything against the Hawks defense and the Hawks will cut through the Packers' defense like a knife through hot butter. Heck, Packers shouldn't even bother showing up! blah, blah, blah.

Well, the Packers do have a chance to win, but they'll have to play a great game. Do I think they will? Doubtful. But if you think it's going to be as easy as beating Carolina, you may find out different come next Sunday.

The only "idiot" posts will be from confident Packer fans because confident Seahawk fans calling a win before the game will be proven correct. And, only an idiot would expect a Packer win.

Personally, I don't see a single match up that favors the Packers and I expect a double digit win for the Seahawks.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
byau":3gm6iisg said:
ExpatPack":3gm6iisg said:
Cartire":3gm6iisg said:
ExpatPack":3gm6iisg said:
LOL at this thread.

smh

So true :)

This and this

Of course we cherry pick the "best" comments to post on our forums. Gotta get hyped!

Like this thread of folks ;)

http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22392

All in all, I think it's actually pretty awesome that it is the Packers vs Seahawks.

Just from a rankings perspective, there were pretty much four elite teams all season with its ups and downs: Packers, Seahawks, Broncos, and Patriots. Three of those teams fell off early and picked themselves back up as elite teams do. The other one fell too late, whether age caught up to Manning or what not. And there was the next guy (Colts) to step in.

It feels right having the Packers and Seahawks play for the NFC. May the best team win
That's an nice readable forum.

ptisme

Reaction score
BTW, Generally Seahawk fans are a class act. Confident and you should be. I post on here and quit posting on packer sites because it's boring (everyone has the same take pretty much). Nice to banter with other fans.... I tried this last year on the webzone. Bunch of a holes over there.... Seriously, too many drugs....