This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: NFC CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION

ExpatPack

Reaction score
LOL at this thread.

Look, I could run around collecting all the idiot Seahawks fans posts, collect them and put them on a Packers forum to prove just how idiotic Hawks fans are. So what? It just means I cherry-picked the biggest idiots and painted all Hawks fans with one brush.

As a Packer fan, the boards I frequent (which I think are the best ones) are pretty much in agreement that this will be a very difficult for the Packers to win, and that Seattle should be favored. I'd say about 75% are saying that. Yeah, there's always the kool-aid drinking bunch, but you have plenty of those on your boards too. Lacy will get stuffed, Rodgers won't be able to pass and he'll get picked twice and will be on his back the rest of the time, Packers won't be able to do anything against the Hawks defense and the Hawks will cut through the Packers' defense like a knife through hot butter. Heck, Packers shouldn't even bother showing up! blah, blah, blah.

Well, the Packers do have a chance to win, but they'll have to play a great game. Do I think they will? Doubtful. But if you think it's going to be as easy as beating Carolina, you may find out different come next Sunday.

Cartire

Reaction score
ExpatPack":1xmuzvxh said:
LOL at this thread.

Look, I could run around collecting all the idiot Seahawks fans posts, collect them and put them on a Packers forum to prove just how idiotic Hawks fans are. So what? It just means I cherry-picked the biggest idiots and painted all Hawks fans with one brush.

Welcome to Smack talk and bulletin board material. Its called getting hyped for a game. Try it sometime. Its extremely fun.

smh

ExpatPack

Reaction score
Cartire":kbjr3f8d said:
ExpatPack":kbjr3f8d said:
LOL at this thread.

Welcome to Smack talk and bulletin board material. Its called getting hyped for a game. Try it sometime. Its extremely fun.

smh

So true :)

FAH1223

Reaction score
Packer fan here.

I had Seattle repeating before our Week 1 matchup. I really believe still they are shoe-ins to beat whoever comes out of the AFC.

My Packers don't stand a chance in hell at winning this game. I would hope though, is they make it competitive and be able to change the game plan up to get the ball out of ARod's hands quickly rather than have him sit in the pocket for long developing plays.

Our offensive line is a lot better than it was in Week 1. They played well against Buffalo, great vs. Detroit, and they dominated the second half yesterday. But against SEA's plethora of pass rushers who they rotate, I am very concerned about Aaron's health for 2015. Can't have him getting injured here.

It'll be a 31-21 type of game. GB plays better than Week one but Beastmode will have 150 yards, Russ will evade the rush and get another 60 or so by himself. And he'll connect deep on a couple of TDs with the one on one coverage that will be available. I don't see Capers playing zone. Our secondary is the strength of our team, we're deep at CB... and we have pass rushers but the lack of a true NT and no ILB (Clay has done a good job there but sucked yesterday) will haunt us as it did in Week 1. The middle of the field will be wide open.

It'll be great to see you guys beat Brady or Luck in the Super Bowl. Enjoy your dynasty run!

12thbrah

Reaction score
I think most Packers fans that have been spewing haterade on our team have not seen the Hawks play at all this season. Green Bay is limping towards the finish whereas the Seahawks are surging and locked in.

byau

Reaction score
Seriously speaking I don't think you can ever count out a team with Aaron Rodgers. And Jordy Nelson whom I think gets underestimated a lot.

If the Seahawks do plan, as Coach Pete says, to battle the opposing team's best version of itself, then I feel less worried. That includes not thinking about Rodgers calf too much and the Hawks playing the Hawks game and making the other team beat you

I read through some of the threads of the various Packers forums and overall I think they are a pretty smart opposing fanbase. A blend of cautious optimism, homer optimism, and reality posting about what they know about an opposing team.

byau

Reaction score
ExpatPack":2supiqw2 said:
Cartire":2supiqw2 said:
ExpatPack":2supiqw2 said:
LOL at this thread.

smh

So true :)

This and this

Of course we cherry pick the "best" comments to post on our forums. Gotta get hyped!

Like this thread of folks ;)

http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22392

All in all, I think it's actually pretty awesome that it is the Packers vs Seahawks.

Just from a rankings perspective, there were pretty much four elite teams all season with its ups and downs: Packers, Seahawks, Broncos, and Patriots. Three of those teams fell off early and picked themselves back up as elite teams do. The other one fell too late, whether age caught up to Manning or what not. And there was the next guy (Colts) to step in.

It feels right having the Packers and Seahawks play for the NFC. May the best team win

Largent80

Reaction score
C'Mon Pack fans. It still is a football game and you are in it. THAT is the chance.

The game needs to unfold.

However, match up wise, right now, there isn't a team in either conference that can have positives vs. Seattle.

PackerNation

Reaction score
byau":idlomi9j said:
It feels right having the Packers and Seahawks play for the NFC. May the best team win

Yea, it does. I wouldn't feel right playing the Panthers and going to the Super Bowl. I'd rather match up with the Seahawks and see how the best team is.

Too bad Rodgers wasn't 100% though. It would either be a sweeter win for you or an epic upset Super Bowl return for the Packers.

byau

Reaction score
PackerNation":2fzqow1b said:
byau":2fzqow1b said:

Yea, it does. I wouldn't feel right playing the Panthers and going to the Super Bowl. I'd rather match up with the Seahawks and see how the best team is.

Too bad Rodgers wasn't 100% though. It would either be a sweeter win for you or an epic upset Super Bowl return for the Packers.

It does suck when people get injured. Sure, injuries are part of the game and what not ... still sucks though. Agreed.

PackerNation

Reaction score
byau":1l3j8b5h said:
It does suck when people get injured. Sure, injuries are part of the game and what not ... still sucks though. Agreed.

The only thing worse is if he wasn't playing at all. I fully expect Flynn to come in at some point.

Still, your team is putting it all together at the right time. A few early season upsets and a tough home loss then you guys seemed to wake up, stop playing around and get dialed in. That defense is one of the best in the NFL in a long time. It will be interesting to see if you can repeat this year and what will happen next year with FA and drafting, etc.

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
Question to the Pack fans posting; how has the O-line been holding up in pass pro as of late? As every analyst in the history of football has pointed out in their 'keys to the game' segment, creating pressure with the front four is devastating in most cases. This is especially relevant given the 'Hawks ability to do just that on the reg combined with having the non-scrambling version Rodgers again this week. I think this will be a massacre if your big fellas can't keep it together. I just don't know how likely that is.

ExpatPack

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2xy9ah4u said:
ExpatPack":2xy9ah4u said:
Well, the Packers do have a chance to win, but they'll have to play a great game. Do I think they will? Doubtful. But if you think it's going to be as easy as beating Carolina, you may find out different come next Sunday.

You're correct, it will be easier. Seriously, your QB is now immobile and your defense isn't even 1/4 of what Carolina's is. Your RBs are slow as shit. GB has no shot at all to with this game. None.

I really want to give you the benefit of the doubt that your comments were just BSing, but in case they're not:

Rodgers sure didn't look immobile in the 2nd half of the Cowboys game did he?

As for Eddie Lacy being slow, he's no slower than Lynch and like Lynch he runs over people. And Lacy has been running over defenses for about the last 7 games. If he didn't have a bout of asthma attack in the 2nd quarter of the Cowboys game, he would'a probably run for more yards that the 100 he had.

And if the Packers defense was only 1/4 of Carolina's then I guess the Cowboy's juggernaut should have put up a 40 burger on them.

ExpatPack

Reaction score
Dizzlepdx":3ad05a9m said:
Question to the Pack fans posting; how has the O-line been holding up in pass pro as of late? As every analyst in the history of football has pointed out in their 'keys to the game' segment, creating pressure with the front four is devastating in most cases. This is especially relevant given the 'Hawks ability to do just that on the reg combined with having the non-scrambling version Rodgers again this week. I think this will be a massacre if your big fellas can't keep it together. I just don't know how likely that is.

Packers OL has improved a lot since the begining, and is one of the reasons why the Packers are where they are now. Protection for Rodgers has been excellent.

The reason why? 1. Corey Linsley, rookie center, has become one of the top rookie draft picks this year. He took the weakest position in the OL and made it a strength. He's performed at a level that many consider him top-5 in centers this year.
2. The development of Bahktiari at LT. he's not pro-bowl, but he's solid. 3. Bulaga at RT has finally stayed healthy throughout the season.

Sitton is a pro-bowl RG and Lang is very solid at RG. Everyone's been slobbering so much about Dallas' OL that few paid attention to how well GB's OL has played since the 2nd half of the season.

In years past GB's OL was a weakness. This year it's a strength.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Lol at Peaches trying to get his dose of smack on here because he's banned from the shack!

Totally right though, the absence of Packer fans on this forum this week is telling.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
ExpatPack":dj0stq8d said:
LOL at this thread.

As a Packer fan, the boards I frequent (which I think are the best ones) are pretty much in agreement that this will be a very difficult for the Packers to win, and that Seattle should be favored. I'd say about 75% are saying that. Yeah, there's always the kool-aid drinking bunch, but you have plenty of those on your boards too. Lacy will get stuffed, Rodgers won't be able to pass and he'll get picked twice and will be on his back the rest of the time, Packers won't be able to do anything against the Hawks defense and the Hawks will cut through the Packers' defense like a knife through hot butter. Heck, Packers shouldn't even bother showing up! blah, blah, blah.

Please.. We have heard all this before, from better posts than the one I quoted. 75%...Not from where I read, more like 11%.

It is going to be easier. Played a lot of tough defenses in the second half of the season have ya GB?

Packers fans =

"Richardson is hurt" Richardson? REALLY? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"Lacy will be able to....." I'm sorry, what was that again?
"The OLine is different than last time" Oh, so they will be new to the Clink too then. PERFECT.
"They don't have good receivers, average at best" Yet they all have Super Bowl rings anyways after contributing.
"Rodgers looked like he was moving pretty good in the second half" Oh well THAT should be OK against Seattle, after all, ARod moved the ball against Dallas. :shock:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ExpatPack":18nx3qqu said:
peachesenregalia":18nx3qqu said:
ExpatPack":18nx3qqu said:

You're correct, it will be easier. Seriously, your QB is now immobile and your defense isn't even 1/4 of what Carolina's is. Your RBs are slow as shit. GB has no shot at all to with this game. None.

I really want to give you the benefit of the doubt that your comments were just BSing, but in case they're not:

Rodgers sure didn't look immobile in the 2nd half of the Cowboys game did he?

As for Eddie Lacy being slow, he's no slower than Lynch and like Lynch he runs over people. And Lacy has been running over defenses for about the last 7 games. If he didn't have a bout of asthma attack in the 2nd quarter of the Cowboys game, he would'a probably run for more yards that the 100 he had.

And if the Packers defense was only 1/4 of Carolina's then I guess the Cowboy's juggernaut should have put up a 40 burger on them.

to be fair, the Cowboys should have put atleast a 30 "burger" (? did i say that right) on them. the playcalling at the end of the half was just naive. a pass on 3rd and 2? why bother? game went from no worse than 17-7 to 14-10. and Dez caught the ball. lets be honest here.

As for Rodgers mobility... he certainly looked less gimpy. But all he did was move around the pocket. a consistent pass rush that actually forces him to scramble will be the tell all as to how "mobile" he really is. I was impressed with him, but Dallas D really bailed out the Pack. no real pressure on the QB and just some really poor tackling.

Im one that thinks this game will be close. Ive seen enough of the Packers living here in MN to know they're worth. But Dallas lost that game, Green Bay didnt win it.

LaSeeno

Reaction score
Cartire":1e5v1qyo said:
ExpatPack":1e5v1qyo said:
LOL at this thread.

smh

Well.... in that case.

Who has Seattle beaten outside of Green Bay in week 1 and Denver in week 3? A Philly team led by butt fumble?

SD, KC, and the Rams are all teams that are far from being great and the Hawks lost to all three. Granted these were away games but it doesn't matter. A loss is a loss.

Seattle has had a pretty flimsy schedule thus far. Despite it being 6th in strength, it's pretty weak. QBless Rams 2x, QBless Cardinals 2x, Carolina was awful early, SF was awful all season, Raiders, awful New York team.

Outside of the numbers this is probably the easiest path a SB champion has ever had to repeat. Toss in an easy matchup against Carolina. It's laughable.

LaSeeno

Reaction score
Uncle Si":11q88wgu said:
ExpatPack":11q88wgu said:
peachesenregalia":11q88wgu said:
ExpatPack":11q88wgu said:
Im one that thinks this game will be close. Ive seen enough of the Packers living here in MN to know they're worth. But Dallas lost that game, Green Bay didnt win it.

Green Bay missed some pretty good opportunities themselves. We will never know but they could have easily left another 10-21 points on the field.

LaSeeno

Reaction score
Largent80":1ev6tl5y said:
C'Mon Pack fans. It still is a football game and you are in it. THAT is the chance.

The game needs to unfold.

However, match up wise, right now, there isn't a team in either conference that can have positives vs. Seattle.

Chip in a chair, wing and a prayer.

Odds are heavily stacked against us but anything can happen and there is no team in the NFL I would rather be rooting for in this match up outside of being a Hawks fan.