This Defense needs an Angry Dawg!

ivotuk

Reaction score
KJ Wright said the Brandon Browner was the catalyst for the LOB's (entire defense) toughness and physical play, because that's how BB played. BB had some anger issues it appears, but man did I love seeing him play, and light dudes up!

I would agree, and add that Marshawn motivated the offense to be tough.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This defense needs some toughness.

They're softer than a wet sponge. I want nasty dudes out there. Go helmet to helmet every now and then just to send a message. Gain a reputation for being dirty.

I miss our team being a bunch of villains, not the guys that hold the door open for old ladies and pay for people's groceries

Chawker

Reaction score
Playing with a attitude ! It would be nice to draft players that will play with a "down hill " type of attitude, players who are capable of making plays on the offensive side of the ball. Shooting gaps and disrupting plays before they have a chance to develop.

Its not going to happen running a 3-4 or a hybid type of defense we are running. If you want to play and play with power, on first and second downs you have to run a 4-3 defense.

We've gotta have a thumper MLB, a three down guy, this is a must to run a stout defense. Drafting a JL Skinner SS adding a thumper SS would be a plus on the back end. Embrace the 15 yard penaltys with a smile.

You say Dawgs..... I say hell yah ! Do it.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Browner was a giant (and in era when grabbing and pushing wasn't called as much) surrounded by great HOFers and borderline HOFers. They also had Kam patrolling. Bennett and Wagner etc.

Funny how people don't seem ot have that 'dog' in them when they just aren't very good.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
KJ Wright said the Brandon Browner was the catalyst for the LOB's (entire defense) toughness and physical play, because that's how BB played. BB had some anger issues it appears, but man did I love seeing him play, and light dudes up!

I would agree, and add that Marshawn motivated the offense to be tough.

We need an angry Dawg as a DC instead of what we got.

And to go back to the 4-3 after this mess - with the right personnel.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I would rather have a bunch of future convicts playing defense than nice guys.

Sounds harsh, but it's the truth. We need grit and mean tough guys to smack the other team around for 60 minutes
And I stick by this comment.

Our defense is lacking some mean, nasty dudes still. Outside of Witherspoon and maybe Mafe, there's not one guy on this defense that I look at and want back next year.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Yeah a Dawg would be nice, but he would have to be able to play within the parameters of todays NFL and be able to do his job when called upon without being a thug too. It's a hard combination to find anymore.

cymatica

Reaction score
Witherspoon is that Dawg, but he's a rookie. This team needs a dawg coach that is willing to attack instead of playing cautious