This blew my mind (Sando)

mikeak

Reaction score
The objective of the game is to score more points than your opponent. Yesterday Falcons were the better team they scored the most points. Seahawks is the better team the other 364 days of the year.......

ATLFalFan

Reaction score
zayden185":27h149wn said:
Jazzhawk":27h149wn said:
The Falcons truly earned that victory, as much as I hate to admit it. We were beat by a better TEAM.

disagree...they arent a better team...they had the easiest schedule in the leage, and should have dropped 2-3-4 more games (didnt mind you) found a way to win, but wagner didnt trail Tony G...ran right next to him....rookie mistake

that wasnt the play of the game mind you

Atlanta not a better team...easy schedule and the right breaks all year

we walked up and down the field on them and left 6-10 on the board in the first half...PERIOD

Really? Guess what. We beat whomever the league put in front of us. That's how we got the #1 seed. You can holler easy schedule all you want. That isn't determined until 3/4 of the season is over with by the way. The fact of the matter is that the better team found a way to win at the end of the game which is what we've done several times this year and about 15 to 20 times in the last 5 years. That's Matt's Ryan's M.O.. Just look up the stats on game winning drives by Matt Ryan. On the other hand you guys have found ways to lose close games like you've done all year. Good teams find ways to win. That's the different.

We walked the ball up and down the field in the first half and would have done it in the second half if we didn't start that conservative mess that always gets us in trouble. Plus we went to a soft zone and prevent defense in the second half with no man to man which we did in the 1st half. You guys really couldn't stop us. We stopped ourselves by being conservative and playing a soft zone. As far as the right breaks. Please. Our offense have made plays and our defense have created turnovers all year when we needed them. Making a play isn't called getting a break.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":7swkj4l0 said:
The Falcons truly earned that victory, as much as I hate to admit it. We were beat by a better TEAM.

Yup. They completely outplayed us in the first half. Completely.

ATLFalFan

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3225o4dy said:
I have been saying it to my wife all year. The only team that could beat the Seahawks is the Seahawks! Practically every loss we suffered this year was by our own hand. We were never out-played. Whether they be coaching mistakes, clock mismanagement, penalties, PED violations, dropped balls or just flat foul ups. My point being that Polish is all this team needs. Work on eliminating our past mistakes, play more disciplined, get people healthy, and make a change or two as necessary and the skies the limit here. I think that come the first Pre-season game this year we will be pretty high up on the odds makers lists to run the table!
Go Hawks!

You got outplayed in the first half which was enough of a cushion for us to win it with a late field goal. If you didn't get outplayed I don't know what you call it. On another note. RW is the truth. You guys have something very special there. Yeah I know that we went to soft zone but you have to give credit where credit is due. He exploited the heck out of it and executed plays with perfection. He took what the defense gave him and went to work like a surgeon. That's what good quarterbacks do. For him to keep his poise and give you guys a chance to win speaks volume. If you add about 2 more good pieces on offense you will have something that I wouldn't want to see on my schedule. Now you need to get a piece like him on defense and tell Sherm to shut his mouth and play ball. Act like you've been there before. Your defense is your liability. Based on stats you are #1 but that's based of stats only and that doesn't mean a thing when you strap up on Sunday. That's why you play the game. A #1 defense wouldn't have let Matt Ryan march 44 years to set up for a winning field gold with virtually no time on the clock. You can say that it was the coaches fault but you still have to account for your man if you are playing man and your area if you are playing zone no matter what play was called. They didn't make a play and the falcons made 3 in 32 seconds to take the W away from you guys.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1tervxjj said:
I don't believe that, we got beat by better coordinators yes, better team no.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Btw, I never mentioned the Falcons in the OP. Point was that Wilson has been by far the hardest luck QB in the league. Had basically nothing to do with the Falcons.

But since we're on the Falcons topic, Seattle had a 92% chance of winning after going up 28-27. Now, Atlanta is better than an 8% chance given their passing offense, but whether you think its 10%, 20%, or 30%, the fact is that Atlanta was extremely fortunate to spoil Wilson's epic effort that day. Even after Gonzales caught the pass to set up the kick, Seattle still had a 53% chance to win. A lot can go wrong, but unfortunately enough things went right for Atlanta to pull a stunner.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sounds like my luck in poker. Have a 92% chance of winning the had on the river then then other guy spikes his 8 percenter on the final card!

AgentDib

Reaction score
I agree that it is good sportsmanship to avoid playing the better team card on Falcon fans. When we were walking out of the stadium we congratulated Falcons fans on their win, and most of them were too relieved by their narrow escape to gloat. The "worst" thing we heard was a comment to one of my friends to go back to his IT job (We are from Seattle, get it? Although he does actually work in IT.). I did have a number of Falcon fans tell me that they thought we looked like the better team but only the scoreboard matters, and they were right on both counts.

If the Seahawks were playing the Falcons this Sunday at a neutral field, Vegas would have us favored by at least 3 points. The first half of that game was a fiasco of missed opportunities for us and we ultimately couldn't overcome it. However, once we stopped the bleeding we were clearly able to do things that the Falcons had no answer for. They tried to keep contain on their rush but in doing so couldn't get to Wilson in the second half. Vegas noticed that, and it is why the Falcons are now home underdogs against Kaepernick's 49ers.

I do wish the Falcons luck in the rest of the playoffs and will be pulling for a bird team Superbowl. It's too early to say who will be the better team in 2013.