This 2023 Squad Is YOUNG!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seattle’s 14 rookies on its 53-man roster are third most in the league. The Seahawks have 33 players age 25 or younger and their average age is 25.95 years, fifth youngest in the league.

Who says we don't have one of the youngest teams in the NFL? Stats don't lie.

I say this YOUNG team is going to be special this year! Go Hawks!

LTH

Reaction score
Seattle’s 14 rookies on its 53-man roster are third most in the league. The Seahawks have 33 players age 25 or younger and their average age is 25.95 years, fifth youngest in the league.

Yeah I agree...they are special. That plays right into Carroll motivating them... young players buy in. Also I have felt a strong, sense of focus from the coaching staff..they are on it this year.

LTH

RedAlice

Reaction score

Who are the two teams with more rookies than the Hawks?

Can’t be Rams w no draft picks.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
A while back I did an analysis of last year's roster from an age/experience standpoint... and the feeling was before this last year's draft, we were a very young team considering the starting lineup. We were loaded with many very talented two and three-year players.

With this past draft, we are even younger and more talented. The next four or five years should be REALLY exciting for our team.

toffee

Reaction score
According to Google AI:
Generative AI is experimental. Info quality may vary.

The Green Bay Packers are the youngest NFL team in 2023. The average age of a Packers player is 25.0 years old. This is the youngest NFL roster in the last six years. The Packers have 13 rookies on their initial 53-man roster, which is the most in the NFL.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are also one of the youngest teams in the NFL. They have 13 rookies on their initial 53-man roster, which is the most in the NFL.

toffee

Reaction score
Boy you aren’t kidding. There’s just something special brewing in Renton, WA this year. Pete knows he has something very special. You can hear it in his comments.
Something in the air!

Scout

Reaction score
The Rams are close with a lot of young talent but the Bucs and Packers are not really "rebuilding" but more so retooling their respective rosters around their veteran cores to compete in the NFC. That is why the Bucs, Packers and Rams may sneak up on people as the season goes on.

But the Hawks have a lot of youth too but I think they are the most talented of the four young teams that I have mentioned top to bottom. This is no accident and well executed reshaping of the roster by PC and Hawks FO.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

Even before this season, back when a specific (and frequently very wrong) Carroll hater around here was saying the Seahawks were not a young team, they in fact were pretty young by snap-weighted age. You-know-who's calculation was just giving equal weight to everyone on the roster, so, for example, Jason Myers's age-31 season with 172 total snaps, Marquise Goodwin's age-32 season with 422 total snaps, and Bruce Irvin's age-35 season with 410 total snaps were given the same weight as Charles Cross's age-21 season with 1167 total snaps and Tariq Woolen's age-22 season with 1252 snaps. Silly.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I hope this team has the dogs to get to the Owl. I predict they reach the divisional round but I'm not sure they get past that. Just not 100% sold on Geno rising to the occasion.

Good system quarterback. Just not sure if he has the moxie to get his squad past the divisional round.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I hope this team has the dogs to get to the Owl. I predict they reach the divisional round but I'm not sure they get past that. Just not 100% sold on Geno rising to the occasion.

Good system quarterback. Just not sure if he has the moxie to get his squad past the divisional round.
Agreed but I would have no issues if I'm wrong.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The youth/inexperience is what will hold us back this year. I think 2024/2025 will be our years. You can't prepare the rooks for playoff football. It takes experience.

SNDavidson

Reaction score

Bobby holding the team back smh

edit: and Geno