Think about this....

LTH

Reaction score
It's not always about winning, it's about the journey in the face of adversity, which represents what it takes to be great. It brings out the raw soul of who a team really is. That makes the wins that much more exceptional and that much more unforgettable.

So yeah, I believe it.

I believe it because I want to witness greatness

LTH

olyfan63

Reaction score
LTH":15aparkz said:
It's not always about winning, it's about the journey in the face of adversity, which represents what it takes to be great. It brings out the raw soul of who a team really is. That makes the wins that much more exceptional and that much more unforgettable.

So yeah, I believe it.

LTH
Russell, is that you? Are you experimenting with new cliches for the next post-game press conference?

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
I don’t normally post, but when I do it’s to say winning is the only thing that matters.

vihawk

Reaction score
Just think of this. Two years ago, they were getting to hand the NFC West crown to the 49ers 3/4 of the way through the season. Seattle shows up and spoils the coronation and next thing you know, the Hawks only need 6 inches of real estate to take the no.1 seed. anything is possible.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Jake Hawks":2qbpmox6 said:
I don’t normally post, but when I do it’s to say winning is the only thing that matters.

Your missing the point.

what this is saying is that the adversity of losing makes the winning exceptional

To to put it into context the losing of the early season makes the winning of the later part of the season that much more exceptional so it's not ALWAYS the winning that makes the season great

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
olyfan63":wsjh9v3p said:
LTH":wsjh9v3p said:

So yeah, I believe it.

LTH
Russell, is that you? Are you experimenting with new cliches for the next post-game press conference?

LOL, Dude.... it's all in the way you look at it.

You could look at it and make it bland... in which it won't be as exciting...

Or you can frame it in a way that makes it special... and there for when, and if, it happens it has more meaning...

Listen to Hasselbeck talk about the Hawks 7-9 season, when they beat the Saints in playoffs and advanced at 7-9... Hass holds that victory higher than playing in the SB. Why is that? for exactly the same reason as I said.

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":2lumwymp said:
olyfan63":2lumwymp said:
LTH":2lumwymp said:

So yeah, I believe it.

LTH

Or you can frame it in a way that makes it special... and there for when, and if, it happens it has more meaning...

Listen to Hasselbeck talk about the Hawks 7-9 season, when they beat the Saints in playoffs and advanced at 7-9... Hass holds that victory higher than playing in the SB. Why is that? for exactly the same reason as I said.

LTH

That was different, they were supposed to have no chance, it was the Saints who were favored by a lot, they were penciled in as a Super Bowl team, we were gifted a playoff spot.

This team has talent and Russell Wilson, we were not suppose to be this bad by many.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":3gdm9kgd said:
LTH":3gdm9kgd said:
olyfan63":3gdm9kgd said:
LTH":3gdm9kgd said:

So yeah, I believe it.

LTH

LTH

That was different, they were supposed to have no chance, it was the Saints who were favored by a lot, they were penciled in as a Super Bowl team, we were gifted a playoff spot.

This team has talent and Russell Wilson, we were not suppose to be this bad by many.

There is some truth to what you're saying. This team does have talent. but.... if the hawks run the board and get in the playoffs after the season this team had early? it will be a thing to remember...Because right now nobody thinks this team has a chance everybody will be taking the Rams... and the Rams might win... but if they don't it will be all so sweet...

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":3858j2zk said:

So yeah, I believe it.

LTH

It's like adding bitter to one's cocktail, bitterness adds complexity to otherwise .. simple flavor.

xray

Reaction score
LTH":1ouz9nxp said:

So yeah, I believe it.

LTH

Please post the lyrics to the song " High Hopes " after you get done with the pipe . Thanks

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Oops there goes another rubber tree plant.

What LTH is selling and the cynical Nellies here aren’t buying is the journey is as much a part of entertainment provided to fans as the W’s and the L’s are, but when the journey proves up character and grit the the W’s are more special.

Of course the scoreboard is the metric by which a team is measured but many are much more or a good deal less than that shows.

sutz

Reaction score
I think what the OP is saying actually is pretty basic, and any coach should know. If you want to win games, you have to play good football. If your stuck in a bad patch where you're losing a lot, the first thing you have to do is start playing better football. Playing better comes first, it has to. Winning is the result of that.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For sure Sutz, but perhaps it’s more than that, and that more is the development of character which of course leads to playing better. Kind of a chicken/egg situation.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
xray":164f422v said:
LTH":164f422v said:

So yeah, I believe it.

LTH

Please post the lyrics to the song " High Hopes " after you get done with the pipe . Thanks

Simply put, there is more to life than a six pack of Budweiser, a can of Copenhagen, and the realization that Pooh stole all the honey.. LMAO!!!!!

LTH

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Beer, chaw and cartoons?

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women" - Conan

Now THAT's winning.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Nope you're missing it... I do like the Conan quote though...LOL

LTH

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I don't know. I would much rather see them go 17-0 in the reg season and then win it all at the end. THAT journey would be anything but boring..... :irishdrinkers:

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
LTH":lht0hnic said:

LTH

I do tend to miss a lot! I hear ya, though. I appreciate a great, hard fought game with everything left on the field. A win is always preferred, but often I'll just take the great drama that it gives me and be happy with that.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":25bxupw4 said:
LTH":25bxupw4 said:

LTH

I do tend to miss a lot! I hear ya, though. I appreciate a great, hard fought game with everything left on the field. A win is always preferred, but often I'll just take the great drama that it gives me and be happy with that.

Thats alright it wasn't simply put at all...For some reason I have this complexity thing happening...It's kind of on purpose to make a point... LOL

Edit: I feel I see things differently than everyone else... its not a good thing nor a bad thing it just kinda is what it is...

LTH