xray

Reaction score
xray":1y1quhbv said:
hawksfansinceday1":1y1quhbv said:
Sgt. Largent":1y1quhbv said:
Death
Taxes
We suck at pass pro

If only our coach, QB and coordinator knew this and started calling more games like the 2nd half of the Steeler game where Russell was getting the ball out in less than 2 seconds not taking hits, as opposed to continuing to have him in terrible 2nd and 3rd and long situations where he's taking 5 and 7 step drops and getting murdered.

- more draws
- more screens
- more quick seams, outs and slants
- more up tempo offense keeping the defense tired

You've finally got the personnel to do it with multiple RB's that can catch out of the backfield, a TE that can catch quick seam hits and big receivers that can pull down balls in tight coverage. DO THAT.
This covers it at or at least near 100%

Thanks; that's the contribution I was trying for with this topic .
You're right about Carroll & and Schotty are calling some questionable plays in the 1st half of both games & Wilson is getting thumped ; and they do it over and over . But who cares...Wilson is tough he can take it right?

Washington49er

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1wbpvn2n said:
Lighten up, Francis. I'm just messing with you.
Go ahead and dwell on the obvious, have at it. We go 2-0 to start the season and all you want to do is post negative crap. But hey, you STILL can't admit you were wrong about the Hawks on Sunday. You made it sound like they had no chance. So, I truly can't take you seriously. We ALL know the O Line is horrible in pass blocking, no need for the reminder. 8)
Go Hawks

Francis....Bahahaha

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Washington49er":3mx5z21p said:
SoulfishHawk":3mx5z21p said:
Lighten up, Francis. I'm just messing with you.
Go ahead and dwell on the obvious, have at it. We go 2-0 to start the season and all you want to do is post negative crap. But hey, you STILL can't admit you were wrong about the Hawks on Sunday. You made it sound like they had no chance. So, I truly can't take you seriously. We ALL know the O Line is horrible in pass blocking, no need for the reminder. 8)
Go Hawks

Francis....Bahahaha

49er fan? How many sacks you guys got so far ?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I wonder how many actually get the “lighten up Francis” comment! :lol:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1abp1nyi said:
I do :2thumbs:
STRIPES.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":12phyvzk said:

Captain Hollister: Intelligence?
John Winger: Some

AgentDib

Reaction score
FidelisHawk":3gfbx1f8 said:
PFF pass pro grades vs Pitt are in:
I believe those are still the same made up grades they posted Sunday night before all-22 film was available. Fluker wasn't good but like Britt the previous week he came back in to play through an injury.

If there is a concern through two weeks for me it is that we are playing hurt OL in the interior due to a lack of G/C depth with Hunt and Haynes out and Simmons on IR. Pocic is the only backup at all three spots.

Jville

Reaction score
If Russell Wilson were afraid of a little contact ....... he'd have taken up tennis.

And then there is this quote ........... "I thought our offensive line did a tremendous job .... second quarter on they battled, they stayed composed, they keep believing in each other ... we just tightened it up. I thought they were rock solid from the second quarter on ... third quarter .... fourth quarter ...................." per Russell Wilson.

[youtube]s0VEHAQZTYU[/youtube]

olyfan63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":73hh83wv said:
Absolutely, it was so damn good to see true adjustments to what the D was doing. Feels like it has been awhile since we saw that, let alone 3 straight TD drives.

Isn't that so awesome, awesome to see?!!
I'm going to say that it's probably Pete giving the green light to Schotty to do such a thing. A lot of us dog Pete for not being flexible, for not learning and adapting, focusing so much on "us" and "imposing our will" that he fails to adapt to the opponent to exploit their weaknesses and avoid their strengths. You know, all the things the Patriots do so well.

The truth is that Pete has grown and changed and reinvented himself several times during his coaching career. So I have my fingers crossed that this faster adaptation to opponent thing continues, by Pete's decree.

Now, back to the "RW, 2 games, 8 sacks" issue. One thing I notice about Russell is that the sacks do not generally involve big hits by speeding blitzers, but rather lower-speed grab and hold jobs or trip-tackles of a running Russell. Not saying there's anything fun for a 210 lb guy about having 600 lbs of beef suddenly laying on top of him, but in my recall, Russell's sacks rarely involve big hits. Obviously clean pockets are better, and no hits at all on our QB is always better.

Maybe that's one small reflection of our improving OL, is fewer free shots at Russell, even in a game like the 1st half in Pittsburgh, when the OL sucks and gets beat, they typically manage to engage the DL enough to keep the impacts on Russell from being extinction-level events.

In contrast, I see DeShaun Watson taking much bigger hits, for example. And Robert Griffin III, well, "Superman" turned out to be just another fragile fool. Mahomes, seems to have the gift of elusiveness, like Wilson; we shall see.

Curious what others think; does Russell take much less violent sacks than other NFL QBs, like I think, or about the same?

Latest posts