There they go again >> 2 games = 8 sacks

xray

Reaction score
This topic is old but always seems to be current . If this was a health problem it would be considered chronic . We are so used to seeing Wilson on the ground we think nothing of it ; until one day he doesn't get up . This year already 2 starting QBs are out ; one for the whole season .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Or we could just enjoy the fact that we won on Sunday? Just for once?
It's not news that the pass blocking sucks. It has basically his entire career. He's never missed a game. Why spend a bunch of time getting worried about it? Someday it will happen, but until it does, enjoy the ride.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1twpd5jg said:

Is this a big joke to you ? Wilson getting his ass beat ? Get on topic will ya?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Lighten up, Francis. I'm just messing with you.
Go ahead and dwell on the obvious, have at it. We go 2-0 to start the season and all you want to do is post negative crap. But hey, you STILL can't admit you were wrong about the Hawks on Sunday. You made it sound like they had no chance. So, I truly can't take you seriously. We ALL know the O Line is horrible in pass blocking, no need for the reminder. 8)
Go Hawks

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":rm08r441 said:
Go ahead and dwell on the obvious, have at it. We go 2-0 to start the season and all you want to do is post negative crap.
The sacks should be a big concern to every Hawk fan . If Wilson goes down the Hawks are done. Get your head out of your ass for a change .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Ok Capt. Obvious. Thanks for the information, that's amazing.
If our QB gets hurt, we are screwed. It is a concern for all of us, but he has had crap pass blocking his entire career.

We can agree to disagree from here on out, that's all we ever do anyway. It's just a message board.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk said:
Ok Capt. Obvious. Thanks for the information, that's amazing.
If our QB gets hurt, we are screwed. It is a concern for all of us, but he has had crap pass blocking his entire career.[/quote

If you're at work I would suggest you get back to it before your boss catches you ; because as usual you contribute nothing but typical homer garbage .

IndyHawk

Reaction score
xray":10f0mu74 said:
SoulfishHawk":10f0mu74 said:

Is this a big joke to you ? Wilson getting his ass beat ? Get on topic will ya?
He's a fearless one.. :snack:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
:metallicblue.:

You know nothing about me x-ray. I consistently yell from my seats at the games "Can someone please block for the QB sometime this century?" Turns out they can't. It's beyond maddening that it hasn't improved. Hopefully it does as the season progresses. Not here to argue, if you want to worry about something that hasn't happened yet, have at it. EVERY single player in the league could get hurt in every game they play, worrying won't fix it either way.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
xray":wlzz7tn3 said:
SoulfishHawk":wlzz7tn3 said:
Go ahead and dwell on the obvious, have at it. We go 2-0 to start the season and all you want to do is post negative crap.
The sacks should be a big concern to every Hawk fan . If Wilson goes down the Hawks are done. Get your head out of your ass for a change .

If the space shuttle comes crashing out of space and lands on the VMAC during practice the team is screwed. Not gonna worry about that unless it happens. Can’t waste energy worrying about things out of my control.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Death
Taxes
We suck at pass pro

If only our coach, QB and coordinator knew this and started calling more games like the 2nd half of the Steeler game where Russell was getting the ball out in less than 2 seconds not taking hits, as opposed to continuing to have him in terrible 2nd and 3rd and long situations where he's taking 5 and 7 step drops and getting murdered.

- more draws
- more screens
- more quick seams, outs and slants
- more up tempo offense keeping the defense tired

You've finally got the personnel to do it with multiple RB's that can catch out of the backfield, a TE that can catch quick seam hits and big receivers that can pull down balls in tight coverage. DO THAT.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was really sweet to see the adjustments EARLIER than later for once. It immediately resulted in 3 straight TD drives.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I personally wouldnt have him throw another pass - he may hit his hand on a d-lineman's hand or throw out his elbow.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Zero sacks in second half when we went to quick throws and dump offs and occasionally deep ball.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely, it was so damn good to see true adjustments to what the D was doing. Feels like it has been awhile since we saw that, let alone 3 straight TD drives.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":adc3gren said:
Lighten up, Francis. I'm just messing with you.
Go ahead and dwell on the obvious, have at it. We go 2-0 to start the season and all you want to do is post negative crap. But hey, you STILL can't admit you were wrong about the Hawks on Sunday. You made it sound like they had no chance. So, I truly can't take you seriously. We ALL know the O Line is horrible in pass blocking, no need for the reminder. 8)
Go Hawks

I didn't know you could type with Hooves, also I thought he was on a diet trying to dance with Donald O Conner.

3c76f60d2dc81f9203b0ad1b5c6f195  govt mule donkeys

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3fk3t4m0 said:
Death
Taxes
We suck at pass pro

If only our coach, QB and coordinator knew this and started calling more games like the 2nd half of the Steeler game where Russell was getting the ball out in less than 2 seconds not taking hits, as opposed to continuing to have him in terrible 2nd and 3rd and long situations where he's taking 5 and 7 step drops and getting murdered.

- more draws
- more screens

You've finally got the personnel to do it with multiple RB's that can catch out of the backfield, a TE that can catch quick seam hits and big receivers that can pull down balls in tight coverage. DO THAT.
This covers it at or at least near 100%

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
The scary part is PFF ranks Ifedi as our second best pass blocker.
PFF pass pro grades vs Pitt are in:

Brown - 61
Ifedi - 57
Britt - 50
Iupati - 37
Fluker - 14

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1n0ij598 said:
Sgt. Largent":1n0ij598 said:
Death
Taxes
We suck at pass pro

- more draws
- more screens

This covers it at or at least near 100%

Thanks; that's the contribution I was trying for with this topic .

Latest posts