The way too early Seahawks 2017 mock draft

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
JSeahawks":7dqs9q3z said:
storm74":7dqs9q3z said:
I would be stoked if we got Cooper Kupp in rounds 2-4. He is one of the best all around WR's I have ever seen. The only thing that will probably keep him out of the first round would be his 40 time and the fact he plays for Eastern Washington.

[youtube]CuyJjtMpcJs[/youtube]

Dude was like Steve Largent vs the strike scab players in that game. Dominated.

....and he is like that in almost every game I have seen him play. His grandfather and father both were drafted in the NFL.

Largent80

Reaction score
Awesome thread Cover 2.

I think LB will definitely be a need next year depending on how this year goes for a few on the roster.

Also CB. Simon has been injured almost his entire career. Sherman is in the middle of his.

OL is a revolving door in the NFL these days.

Hawks46

Reaction score
CPHawk":17pfxurg said:
cover-2":17pfxurg said:
CPHawk":17pfxurg said:
I'd like to see us get Christian McCaffery. I think he'll end up being a very good player in the NFL.

I somewhat agree in that McCaffery will be a good player in the NFL. For me McCaffery is comparable to Reggie Bush, they are similar in size and how they were used in college. I wouldn't burn a 1st round pick on a Reggie Bush type player, but he could easily be a productive role player in the NFL. I think C.J. Prosise has the potential to be a better Pro than McCaffery. Prosise is 20 lbs bigger than McCaffery, with just as much quickness and speed. Yes, McCaffery is fun to watch, as was Reggie Bush, but for me I wouldn't take him in the 1st round. I would possibly take him in the 2nd round if he showed the skill set to be a slot receiver.

Yeah he isn't a full time RB in the NFL, but with the right system he could be a steal. New England would use him perfectly, but I also believe Pete and Bevell could figure out how to use him as well.

Not to mention, we are pretty dang stacked in the backfield right now. I think Collins is going to end up being a dang good RB. He might not have the speed to be a continual home run threat, but he could be one of those guys in our system that comes close to leading the league in 5-9 yard runs.

Rawls and Michael (if he makes the squad) are good home run threats. I'm not saying McCaffrey doesn't make the team, but I honestly don't see the value at the draft position we'd have to use to get McCaffrey.

kearly

Reaction score
cover-2":2m0frxc7 said:
You make some good points. McCaffrey does run with some toughness that Bush didn't have, but McCaffrey just doesn't have the size to run over defenders. For me, him being white doesn't factor in my mind, for me its him only being 200 lbs. I just don't trust that a 200 lbs RB can be the 20 + carry workhorse. I know he did it in college, and there are a couple of lightweight starting RB's currently in the NFL. I think he could excel on a team that uses a lot of 3 and 4 WR sets that also have a zone blocking scheme.

LeSean McCoy is around that area, and Matt Forte used to be. McCaffrey is 6'0" with a lot of room on his frame to add good weight.

Race only factors in terms of draft stock, you'd probably have to go back a few decades to find a white RB or WR taken in round 1, and generally speaking, these players tend to be drafted a round or two later than they should. Black QB bias isn't what it used to be, but it still exists, and other biases exist as well. I think it is likely that bias will impact McCaffrey's draft stock to some degree. If McCaffrey slips far enough I'd bet the Pats will be all over it, they are one of the few teams that does not see color at the skill positions as is reflected by the considerable number of white skill position players they have acquired over the years.

kearly

Reaction score
storm74":jhfhhzf6 said:
[youtube]CuyJjtMpcJs[/youtube]

He's got great hands and uses his size very well, but seems fairly stiff as an athlete (his change of direction and recovery speed is like that of a TE), and his top speed on the field looks like that of a 4.6 forty type player.

He reminds me of Kevin Smith or Devon Cajuste who were both UDFAs. Unless Kupp really surprises at the combine, my guess is that he'll be a UDFA as well.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
and Kupp is destroying the Cougars as we speak, sorry Kearly have to disagree with you. This guy will be a stud at the next level.

Threedee

Reaction score
CPHawk":2phmqniy said:
cover-2":2phmqniy said:
CPHawk":2phmqniy said:
I'd like to see us get Christian McCaffery. I think he'll end up being a very good player in the NFL.

I somewhat agree in that McCaffery will be a good player in the NFL. For me McCaffery is comparable to Reggie Bush, they are similar in size and how they were used in college. I wouldn't burn a 1st round pick on a Reggie Bush type player, but he could easily be a productive role player in the NFL. I think C.J. Prosise has the potential to be a better Pro than McCaffery. Prosise is 20 lbs bigger than McCaffery, with just as much quickness and speed. Yes, McCaffery is fun to watch, as was Reggie Bush, but for me I wouldn't take him in the 1st round. I would possibly take him in the 2nd round if he showed the skill set to be a slot receiver.

Yeah he isn't a full time RB in the NFL, but with the right system he could be a steal. New England would use him perfectly, but I also believe Pete and Bevell could figure out how to use him as well.

Bevell would engineer poorly disguised Bevell Screens to him all game long, like he does for every other ball carrier.

Latest posts