The Taste of Victory

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Damn!!! Super Bowl 48 tasted good. Didn’t it? We almost had a second course in SB49.
I think most of us our craving the taste of victory, we’re getting “hangry”.
Let’s not become the most entitled fans in the NFL like Dallas Cowboys’ fans.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
What have the freaking Cowboys won since the 1990’s? Nada, zippo, zilch, diddly Squat.

Somehow though Jerrah has America buffalo’d. If there every was a pretender team them Cowboys is the one.

Like this year’s Seahawks team, they will in time disappoint.

Entitled fans? Entitled to what, being subjected to them constantly? In prime time?

More NFL salesmanship BS.

OP
OP
AK49Hawk

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
My apologies I didn’t make myself more clear. Wasn’t implying that Seahawks fans were entitled, I specifically said Dallas Cowboys’ fan are some of the most entitled fans, their actually right behind the city of brotherly love, Philadelphia. Fan entitlement is a little different than financial entitlement, or social entitlement. The definition of fan entitlement is vague at best, one of the tell tales of fan entitlement is fighting with other fans… Which of course never happens on .NET… 🤨
It’s been 10 years since we tasted victory in the Super Bowl. Even though we’ve had a winning record nine of those years, we’re still unsatisfied and even downright angry. So what exactly are our expectations for the Seahawks? Is it mediocrity? I think it’s pretty safe to say it’s Super Bowl or bust.

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
It’s been 10 years since we tasted victory in the Super Bowl. Even though we’ve had a winning record nine of those years, we’re still unsatisfied and even downright angry. So what exactly are our expectations for the Seahawks? Is it mediocrity? I think it’s pretty safe to say it’s Super Bowl or bust.

Your wrong. Nobody expects a Super Bowl win every year. That's crazy. What we should expect though is improvement and change and this team has been stuck in the same vicious cycle for 9 years now. That's not entitlement, that's reality.

OP
OP
AK49Hawk

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Your wrong. Nobody expects a Super Bowl win every year. That's crazy. What we should expect though is improvement and change and this team has been stuck in the same vicious cycle for 9 years now. That's not entitlement, that's reality.
Why am I wrong? Because I have different perspective than you? Is it really that crazy to expect a Super Bowl every year? Isn’t the purpose of all 32 teams in the NFL to win the Super Bowl? Thats why they compete. I can understand your take if you watch the Seahawks for entertainment and hope they can get a participation trophy.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Why am I wrong? Because I have different perspective than you? Is it really that crazy to expect a Super Bowl every year? Isn’t the purpose of all 32 teams in the NFL to win the Super Bowl? Thats why they compete. I can understand your take if you watch the Seahawks for entertainment and hope they can get a participation trophy.

Your wrong because expecting a Super Bowl every single year isn't realistic. Nobody expects any team to win or even make the Super Bowl every year because it's impossible. Having different perspectives is expected, but not to the point of delusion. Hoping and wishing your team makes and wins the Super Bowl is fine (everybody does), but expecting it....thats insanity.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Expecting improvement seems realistic but people are expecting this when ~half the playoff teams from the year before miss it the next. It doesn't match reality.

OP
OP
AK49Hawk

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Being a top tier team - assuming that what we all want - without the expectation of winning the SB is insanity.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I expect to be entertained. I hope for a Super Bowl. Every year since 1976. It’s a fun ride every fall no matter what. No matter how it ends at the end of the season I’m ready for another ride.
The ride kind of never ends. Sure there are slow spells in the offseason and downturns in every season, but there’s always entertainment. FA, draft, OTAs, mini camps, training camp, preseason, regular season, playoffs.
Can’t win em all, unless you are the ‘72 Dolphins.

OP
OP
AK49Hawk

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
I expect to be entertained. I hope for a Super Bowl. Every year since 1976. It’s a fun ride every fall no matter what. No matter how it ends at the end of the season I’m ready for another ride.
The ride kind of never ends. Sure there are slow spells in the offseason and downturns in every season, but there’s always entertainment. FA, draft, OTAs, mini camps, training camp, preseason, regular season, playoffs.
Can’t win em all, unless you are the ‘72 Dolphins.
Well said

getnasty

Reaction score
We need a few years of Jim Mora Jr type of seasons to appreciate what a good run it's been. Spoiled is probably a better word then entitled.

We're alot closer to being a contender then people think. Drafting Bo Nix next year will complete the puzzle.

Latest posts