The strongest position group in the 2015 draft

two dog

Reaction score
Can someone give me any idea of where Buck Allen might be drafted ?

He's my favorite running back who's name does not begin with the letter "G".

hawknation2015

Reaction score
two dog":18mbzijb said:
Can someone give me any idea of where Buck Allen might be drafted ?

He's my favorite running back who's name does not begin with the letter "G".

Because it's such a deep RB class, probably in the Fifth Round. He's pretty explosive for a big back and has excellent vision. He's a good receiver, though probably not as good as Ajayi. His measurables are all very sound for a bigger back, although he disappointed in a major way on the bench press.

I would compare him favorably to Andre Williams, who had a pretty decent rookie year. Williams was drafted in the middle of the Fourth Round.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
That David Johnson video linked above was an eye opener. He shows a little bit of everything including kick returns.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
RB-David Johnson = Adrian Peterson 2.0?

RB-David Johnson, No. Iowa; 6-1, 224, 4.50/40, 1.58 10-yd split. See "similar players". http://mockdraftable.com/player/4843/

The RB comparison graph says a lot. Add the fact that Johnson is a kick returner and rushed for over 4000 yards in his career plus he's acknowledged as a really great receiver and fair blocker = He MAY end up being drafted by the Seahawks with their round 3 pick even if the Beast returns. Possibly a WR conversion and/or Swiss army knife kind of guy. His combine numbers tick a lot of boxes......

Scottemojo

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":1fxc6dnc said:

RB-David Johnson, No. Iowa; 6-1, 224, 4.50/40, 1.58 10-yd split. See "similar players". http://mockdraftable.com/player/4843/

The RB comparison graph says a lot. Add the fact that Johnson is a kick returner and rushed for over 4000 yards in his career plus he's acknowledged as a really great receiver and fair blocker = He MAY end up being drafted by the Seahawks with their round 3 pick even if the Beast returns. Possibly a WR conversion and/or Swiss army knife kind of guy. His combine numbers tick a lot of boxes......
I covet him as a kick returner and...a WR. With the way Bevell likes to go empty with a RB out wide, he can do that too.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":2t1663cb said:

He is quickly becoming one of my favorite backs in this class. I love the way this guy runs the ball.

He's 10-lbs heavier than Gordon, but look at his measurables:
Johnson's 40: 4.50
Gordon's 40: 4.52

Johnson's 10-yard split: 1.58 (tied for best of the combine with Mike Davis)
Gordon's 10-yard split: 1.63

Johnson's vertical: 41.5 (2nd best behind Abdullah)
Gordon's vertical: 35.0

Johnson's broad jump: 127 (2nd best behind Abdullah)
Gordon's broad jump: 126

Johnson's 3-cone: 6.82 (2nd best behind Abdullah)
Gordon's 3-cone: 7.04

On that note, Ameer Abdullah put up Christine Michael-like combine numbers.

McGruff

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3ugn0tou said:
CamanoIslandJQ":3ugn0tou said:

I covet him as a kick returner and...a WR. With the way Bevell likes to go empty with a RB out wide, he can do that too.
I see him at WR too.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":khps2cd3 said:
kearly":khps2cd3 said:
bbsplitter":khps2cd3 said:
So if Gurley/Gordon were still on the board you would select them over Ajayi? Or would you trade back, and select Ajayi?

I would give two firsts and two fist pumps for Gordon, who I think could be the next mega star RB. Our team would definitely have to adjust for him since he's not anything like Marshawn, but it would be worth it.

I'd gladly pay the #31 for Gurley though obviously it would be a sizable risk given his injury. I think even without Lynch Seattle can afford to redshirt a RB and go with Turbin and Michael for 2015 if need be.

I would be okay with Ajayi at #31, but only because I think this year's 1st round is one of the weakest in a long time, and also because historically late 1st round picks tend to be not that great. I'd be happy to get Ajayi at #63 and ultra-pumped to get him at #95. I think he will probably end up drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round by some team.

TWO firsts for Gordon?!? OK, Kearly.

I'd be on board, especially if Lynch goes. We'll always be a run-first team under PC, Gordon's a stud, and I'm in agreement with Kearly that he could be the next big star at RB. Turbo's a career backup and C-Mike's got all the ability in the world but I'm not sure Seattle's the place he'll realise it.

There's plenty of talent that we could take a shot at later in the draft, but right now Gordon's the best chance you're going to get at minimizing the drop-off from Lynch imo. I'd be on board with getting Gurley too, but I'm not giving up extra picks for him.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":324m5une said:
I'd be on board, especially if Lynch goes. We'll always be a run-first team under PC, Gordon's a stud, and I'm in agreement with Kearly that he could be the next big star at RB. Turbo's a career backup and C-Mike's got all the ability in the world but I'm not sure Seattle's the place he'll realise it.

There's plenty of talent that we could take a shot at later in the draft, but right now Gordon's the best chance you're going to get at minimizing the drop-off from Lynch imo. I'd be on board with getting Gurley too, but I'm not giving up extra picks for him.

And in all honesty, I really doubt two 1st rounders would be enough to get him. Given where Seattle is drafting and where they are projected to pick in 2016 (32nd). I would consider it a bargain price for a generational RB since late 1sts are a lot less valuable than people think. Of course, if Lynch signs a long extension I think I'd rather just see the team draft a RB in the mid-rounds, if any at all.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Ajayi reminds me of a bit less fluid version of Matt Forte when Forte came out of Tulane. Forte also had a tendency to rely on quickness and veer towards the edge. Ajayi might have better feet, he's definitely more physical coming out of school, and he does keep a wider-base like Lynch.

He looks worthy of a late-first round pick to me. *shrug*