The sky isn’t falling

BamKam

Reaction score
But this team has to start playing better. I would have taken 2-1 to start the season looking at the schedule, but the reality is that the two wins are against two 0-3 teams, and we squeezed those out because like today, we can’t help ourselves when it comes to shooting ourself in the foot. The Rams, Cowboys, 49ers, and Packers all look like superior teams right now. Good news is Russell looks like he could have his best year yet, we just need to eliminate these stupid mistakes. We also need to start faster, I can’t stand how it takes a quarter or two until we really get going it is getting so tiresome. If your Pete, I think you rally the team this week and really hammer home the point that we are 2-1 despite playing below average football overall.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Sky falling is 4 wins, maybe 6. We are not close to that and won't be.

This is still a 8-10 win team. It just is not a playoff contender (maybe a wildcard).

It won't be a threat for the conference or the division. But nothing about the roster says it should have been.

The expectations were just unfounded. People are just venting a bit because it is frustrating to see we have the pieces to be better, but maybe not the coaching staff. Both our OC and DC are not exceptional. They are average.

Our player rosters, with the exception of the QB, are also average.

We have some weaker teams in our division so there are some wins almost built into the schedule, but then against we barely beat the Bengals at home. We barely beat the Steelers on the road with a backup QB. And we lost to a backup QB at home. We are not exactly an intimidating opponent either.

We probably get 2-3 extra wins baked because of our QB. But we shouldn't be a threat or even a dark horse in the NFC this year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still gotta' lace em up. Plenty of teams have a shot this year, and we are one of them. I choose to believe, I'll take that over assuming they have no shot. I just don't see the use of assuming the worst. To each his/her own. Get to the tourney and anything can happen.
Go Hawks

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One thing I really like about you Soulfish is your ceaseless optimism.

The Seahawks got extremely lucky with the beginning part of their schedule. They fell into 2 games with no starting QB for the opponent (no starting caliber QB, more appropriately). They failed to take advantage of that which is disappointing. Now they face a rookie QB.

We are going to start facing starting-caliber QBs soon and either we start playing better or we have a string of additional losses waiting for us.

There can be no denying this is a team that starts slow. So we probably go on a tear at the end of the season. Maybe even win some big games we have no business winning. But if we don't win these games that are figuratively almost handed to us, we are going to rue it.

Because 1 or 2 wins is often what separates making a playoff slot or not. They don't score wins on a scale that weights later in the year production more heavily. Just as TDs scored in the 1st quarter count just as much as TDs in the 4th. So unless we see some urgency in game freaking 4 - this is very likely to be the difference.

Still, it would be great if you are right and not me.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2rw7gg9y said:
Still gotta' lace em up. Plenty of teams have a shot this year, and we are one of them. I choose to believe, I'll take that over assuming they have no shot. I just don't see the use of assuming the worst. To each his/her own. Get to the tourney and anything can happen.
Go Hawks

Buddy...

Your optimism is a welcome respite in the face of utter despair! :lol:

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1zofmfne said:
Go Hawks
Yep. Technically, there are 32 teams still eligible for the playoffs. Gotta lace them up, put the bad shit behind us and move on. Learn from the mistakes and get better. Sure, it's a lot of cliches, but they are true. Nothing we can do about last Sunday. But there is plenty we can do for next Sunday, like not giving your head coach a concussion in the pre-game warm-ups for one thing. ;)

I expect improvement. If I didn't, what would be the point of rooting for our Seahawks?

:icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That game felt like I was watching a Twilight Zone episode. Shoot, it started with Pete getting hit in the nose w/a football and pretty much continued the rest of the day. Can't do anything about it now, but they can get back in the Win column with a solid performance on Sunday. And I honestly don't care who the opponent is, get it done.
Shoot, I'm sure the Eagles fans are wondering how in the hell they lost at home to the Lions.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No one said it's falling.

This is still a good team, it's just not a great team............at least not a SB caliber team, which is what I assume is most people's expectations around here.

We saw what a SB caliber team looked like Sunday, even without their HOF QB.

- Top 2-3 Offensive line
- Top 2-3 RB
- Highly skilled WR corp
- Fast and physical defense
- Most importantly an innovative HC that puts his offense and defense in great positions to win

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I suspect we will see a lot of good AND bad this year. 10 wins and a playoff win is my expectation. Homer or not, I certainly don't expect a Super Bowl team this year. But if they can get back to the playoffs, they have a real shot at doing some damage. Win it all? Unlikely, but if they continue to improve thru the year, and with the cap and draft capital they have next year? This team should be a flat out contender next season.

On a completely different note, in what world does Russ look slow? He still moves pretty good. All I have heard is how he is slow blah blah blah. Nope.

chris98251

Reaction score
Look at the bright side, we didn't Coug it, how do you blow a 32 point lead in a little more then a quarter.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":32drmuxh said:
Look at the bright side, we didn't Coug it, how do you blow a 32 point lead in a little more then a quarter.

I'd say being down three touchdowns at home in the 4th quarter to a team playing it's backup QB is about as close as it gets to "Couging It" in the NFL.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3bf0q98e said:
chris98251":3bf0q98e said:

I'd say being down three touchdowns at home in the 4th quarter to a team playing it's backup QB is about as close as it gets to "Couging It" in the NFL.

Teddy not a typical.backup to be fair.

Not excusing the performance, but Teddy is quite serviceable and, in honesty, wasn't the reason Seattle lost.

He will be a starter for a team in 2020.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, he's far from your average back up. We handed them 13 points, they took advantage and played more disciplined. It happens, teams lose games. mind...….blown.
On to Sunday.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":lx9dsvil said:
Sgt. Largent":lx9dsvil said:
chris98251":lx9dsvil said:

Teddy not a typical.backup to be fair.

Not excusing the performance, but Teddy is quite serviceable and, in honesty, wasn't the reason Seattle lost.

He will be a starter for a team in 2020.

It's one of our worst losses at home since Pete took over. Color it however you want, it's Couging It for me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, the definition of Couging it is blowing a huge lead. The Hawks never had a lead in this game. But they clearly did crap the bed, which the Cougs and their incredibly overrated coach have done many times.

Latest posts