The Seahawks have a mediocre defense

OP
OP
nanomoz

nanomoz

Reaction score
hoxrox":ri2fruew said:
Run D was exposed and burley sucks

Linebackers were horrid, often. It's been since Mora was coach that I've seen so many dump offs go for 10+ yards against the Hawks.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
It was bad today, but still alright overall. Like someone said earlier, not historically good like last year, but it's still a top defense.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The Battle #83":3fliczoi said:
It was one game. Im going to wait a couple of games to see if its true
Except it isn't one game. Seattle's pass defense has been average at best all year.

sam1313

Reaction score
nanomoz":32hdqy6s said:
Microfiber":32hdqy6s said:
IMO Wagner is the only player on D who has showed up this year. I have seen Kam and ET burnt all year. Someone posted a stat that Kam leads the league in TD's given up.
Okung has 5 dead ball fouls in two games. 3 of them (at least) played a big part in killing drives.

I love Kam. So much. But he isn't the same either.

If the coaches don't see themselves faced with tough decisions, I must not know anything about football.

I was asking the whole game why they just didn't take Kam out. He let up just prior to hitting Witten. He looked too hurt to play effectively (although he did have a few decent plays toward the end).

It doesn't help that our OC just refuses to help out our OL by calling run plays or leaving in additional blockers on pass plays, thereby allowing far too many short ineffective drives. Our D was on the field an awful lot today...

Jacknut16

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2l04hzqr said:
TwistedHusky":2l04hzqr said:
Last year 1 in 4 possessions got turned into a turnover.

This year we are not doing that. That is part of the root of the problem.

But this game was lost by the offense.
They didn't let a 3rd and 20 get completed on them with the game on the line

This was on the offense. We couldn't even get one first down on the second to last drive, and then the INT, then kicking FGs off of turnovers and great field position.

The defense was a problem, the offense was non exsistent.

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
I think they are all injured and trying to play through it, Kam especially. Oking is jacked up, Unger is out, Zach M is out, Thatold is out, now Smith is out...Marshawn can't block for himself...

Oh, and the Cowboys are good this year!

Frustrating game...

OP
OP
nanomoz

nanomoz

Reaction score
MeanBlueGreen":1u8itq72 said:
I think they are all injured and trying to play through it, Kam especially. Oking is jacked up, Unger is out, Zach M is out, Thatold is out, now Smith is out...Marshawn can't block for himself...

Oh, and the Cowboys are good this year!

Frustrating game...

This is where having the early bye (especially after a long 2013-14 season) is problematic. For the record, the 'Hawks are the first good team the 'Boys have beaten this year.

The strategy on how we score more points than the other team needs to at least be looked at closely, no? Bevell seemed to assume dominance, giving Marshawn the ball (what?) 4 times in the first half? Despite this lack of a commitment to the run game, we seemed to rely exclusively on the play action for passing plays (in the first half), even though Russell had to pretend to be Houdini in order to avoid death.

There's no more leisure or "for the hell of it" on offense. The Seahawks need to be damn serious about scoring points and/or controlling the clock every time they touch the ball.

We're very lucky that an above average team didn't just put up 40 on us at home.

Latest posts