The punt instead of FG... The wasted TO...

W

Welshers

Meyers has hit like 20 FGs in a row and made from 60+ this season... Why did we punt instead of try to kick a 55 yd FG? Hope someone asks Pete this in the post game presser. I imagine every single one of the other 31 teams in the league kick that with our kicker there. Those points would have ended up being huge because we could have played for an FG on the last drive. Head scratching stuff.

Also, what was up with the completely wasted timeout when they were lining up for a field goal? They hadn't finished setting up. We really could have used that. Today was dumb founding. But don't quit on this team.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

OK so Pete just said in his presser "it was beyond where we decided we would kick a FG from." He didn't even say why. Doesn't make sense to me.

PNW

Reaction score
More proof Pete is delusional now days

potatohead33

Reaction score
Punting there is garbage. They even took the delay to move it back a bit. Either kick the FG or try to go for it, it was 4th and six but you're on the 37 and if you don't make it you're slightly better off field position wise than a missed FG.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
The punt that netted 17 yards? Just one of several inexplicables, imo: The TO before they even finished setting up the FG formation. The no TO before the 2 min warning. The other TO called after running 15 seconds of clock.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

potatohead33":eu9tzv32 said:
Punting there is garbage. They even took the delay to move it back a bit. Either kick the FG or try to go for it, it was 4th and six but you're on the 37 and if you don't make it you're slightly better off field position wise than a missed FG.
I agree , it was a 54 yards! Well within our range. Even if it was let's say 50 percent chance at making it, do we really take 17 yards of field position over a coin flip for 3 points? That yardage did nearly nothing