The Non-Call

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm guessing since this is all over ESPN's blog that it will once again be a bit deal. Seems like whenever the Seahawks are aided by a "bad" call the sports world is on the brink of apocalypse. That said, this link should have video to the play.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400874732

Here are my thoughts. It was a Hail Mary type pass into double coverage. If the Falcons want to get that call, they best put a star on their helmets. Certainly that's not fair, but I think the refs only call that a penalty in very rare cases.

Also, watching in real time I can see why the refs didn't throw the flag. I actually thought if anybody interfered, it was Earl but he really wasn't important enough in the contact to warrant a flag. He was, however, blocking the line of site or the ref to see Sherman grab Julio's arm.

So, if it went against the Seahawks, would I be mad? Sure. Would I understand that the call probably wouldn't get made? I would like to think I would.

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
I think It should have been a NO CALL! When the game is on the line.....let them play! They had four chances and failed on all four!

Hawks46

Reaction score
What usually pisses me off is that there were plenty of no calls that were obvious fouls that the refs missed vs. Atlanta. One cost us 3 points.

No one will mention that though. There was just as much contact on that last play as there was with Kearse in the end zone, yet nothing is mentioned of that. How is one DPI while the other one a good no call ? You can either touch the guy before the ball comes, or you can't.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I truly believe if it was 2nd and 10 it would have been called.
Still wouldnt have guaranteed the Falcons the win though.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I thought Sherman hid it very well, plus it was into tight double coverage.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Just a veteran move by the league's best corner. Well played Richard.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
To heck with that. No one shed a tear for us when we had plenty of bad calls go against us during the Rams game.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Hardly the fail mary. Only a big deal because it was the final play.

More focus should be placed on ATL's play calling on that final drive.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":2f0zjc46 said:
What usually pisses me off is that there were plenty of no calls that were obvious fouls that the refs missed vs. Atlanta. One cost us 3 points.

No one will mention that though. There was just as much contact on that last play as there was with Kearse in the end zone, yet nothing is mentioned of that. How is one DPI while the other one a good no call ? You can either touch the guy before the ball comes, or you can't.

Hey, we're only supposed to be talking about the crappy non-calls that would go against the Seahawks, the Falcons deserve ALL benefit of doubt on every play that doesn't go their way.
Dan Quinn was only throwing shit-fits when ALL the penalties weren't called against the Seahawks, but kept his composure when it was his guys getting away with some flagrant bullcrap....Hell, he even gave a 'Thumbs-Up' to his guy on the flagrant facemask of C-Mike.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1qhxxkdq said:
Hawks46":1qhxxkdq said:

Hey, we're only supposed to be talking about the crappy non-calls that would go against the Seahawks, the Falcons deserve ALL benefit of doubt on every play that doesn't go their way.
Dan Quinn was only throwing shit-fits when ALL the penalties weren't called against the Seahawks, but kept his composure when it was his guys getting away with some flagrant bullcrap....Hell, he even gave a 'Thumbs-Up' to his guy on the flagrant facemask of C-Mike.
He literally did that? If so, screw Quinn and his whiney arse.

RussB

Reaction score
Exactly i feel like all the haters and falcons fans are putting too much stock into it. They failed to get a first down 3 times before that. Not like they were doing anything, i just wish sherman played him cleaner so they could stfu already and stop making excuses.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It was PI. You can cut and slice it with the Seahawk shades on all you want, but when you don't allow a WR to use one of his hands to catch the ball, that is PI.

There is no doubt that refs in any sports call games differently late in games. It happens all the time in basketball, refs swallow their whistle on crucial late game shots. If this play happened in the 3rd quarter, it probably would have been called.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":yzspksq9 said:
It was PI. You can cut and slice it with the Seahawk shades on all you want, but when you don't allow a WR to use one of his hands to catch the ball, that is PI.

There is no doubt that refs in any sports call games differently late in games. It happens all the time in basketball, refs swallow their whistle on crucial late game shots. If this play happened in the 3rd quarter, it probably would have been called.

Are there many hawk fans saying otherwise?

Thats not the argument I see in this thread....

253hawk

Reaction score
Well, Quinn taught them how to get away with it. He has no one to blame but himself.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":bk97l58o said:

And OPI was not called vs. Sherman the last game. You act like you feel the Hawks didn't earn this win. Take a vacation.

irocdave

Reaction score
Just dropping this here in case the Hawks hook up with the dirty birds at home in the playoffs. Be careful, he's a self proclaimed bad ass and looking to take out his frustration on a Hawk fan.

theDIRTYcode
Starting Lineup

theDIRTYcode
Pure Football
 1,128
2,063 posts

Posted 2 hours ago

I will be there in January if we make the playoffs. I swear to God I'm fcking up the first person I see wearing a seahawks jersey. Ive never felt this robbed in my life. Fck them all.

andyh64000

Reaction score
We had a none call that cost us a likely TD and they had one that cost them a hail mary first down outside of FG range.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They were a plenty of non-calls this game. The Falcons #23 (Alford) can't cover anyone without holding.