The National Media's Protecting of Andrew Luck

GeekHawk

Reaction score
hawk45":324093l3 said:
I didn't see Luck much in college, was he not clutch and badass in college? I sure heard about him a ton, and not in the vein of "safe prospect".

I was impressed with him against us. I went into that game totally prepared to say "I knew it!!!" if it was all hype, but he managed to do a couple of things against our defense under some pretty good pressure, and that's more than some really really good QBs have managed to do against our defense. The win was an utter BS ref-gift, but sprinkled in between the outrage of bad calls were some very nice throws and plays.

Indy doesn't have the Seahawk D or rushing attack also. I can't deny in the couple of games I have watched, the ref helping has been a noticeable trend, but to even be in the games vs San Fran, Seattle, and Denver, much less win them, I have difficulty thinking an average QB with a low ceiling can do that. It's only his second year.

Nobody will be happier than me if Luck regresses to some mediocre baseline, I guess I just find it difficult to picture.

I saw Luck and the Luck-is-all-that-bandwagon every time his he played UW (other than that, I didn't care about him one way or the other). I was amazed how much the announcers slobbered over his play when, for the most part, he was making average passes against a pretty poor defense and most of the big plays / scoring came from the running game. I didn't see anything at all resembling the Second Coming of Montana/Elway/Marino/<insert HOF QB here>. Just a fairly decent college QB in a good program.

hawk45

Reaction score
Thanks Geekhawk. Well that's interesting.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
DistantHawk":3lo6k86b said:
tom sawyer":3lo6k86b said:
Seattle sports teams don't get much respect nationally. This from a sports fan who has lived here for 47 years (1963-1969 / 1973-present)

Forgive the intrusion but the natural inquisitor inside of me is curious as to where you lived for that 4 year period?

Like me... he was probably a resident of the military. In that case maybe Vietnam. I spent mine as a California resident.

Latest posts