The last we'll see of the 49'er this year

Ninerg

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3c8k67dv said:
Ad Hawk":3c8k67dv said:
austinslater25":3c8k67dv said:
After this game I feel even more confident about a rematch in Seattle. I think we win 70% of the time in San Fran. They deserved the win but honestly after watching that game I think we win that game almost every time. A flukey run by Gore and a horribly officiated game(against both teams) ruined that game. Kaep is horrible too. Feeling good about the Seahawks especially after seeing how N.O and Carolina look on the road against good teams.

History says we win far less in San Fran than 70%; in fact, we haven't actually won there in years, and didn't with this year's stacked team. I'm not saying we cannot, but 70% is crazy optimistic.

History of what?

Here is the deal. Under Wilson, the Hawks just get better. The guy has only played there twice, first time he struggled pretty hard. Yesterday he chose his battles and actually performed only to have some penalties bring back some plays. There is no denying that he was in great control of the game though, especially considering the desperate nature of the Niners. The Hawks had the lead in that game several times. The Niners haven't had a lead in the Clink since 2011. I think Russell lost his last game in SF for a long time. Let the streak begin.

I don't think Seattle has lost their last game to the Niners with Wilson as their QB. Kap and the Niners will be better next season. I knew this would be a down year for the Niners. The Niners still have a bunch of pics in the 2014 draft, which we will no doubt draft a deep threat receiver.

13thMan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2or0awc3 said:
So let me get this straight:

We are supposedly the best team or near the best team in football.

We came into yesterday's game with a playoff mentality in a game that was clearly important to us - but we lost anyway.

We lost on the road in good weather and in the afternoon time slot.

and yet....the team that beat us in spite of all of that, somehow, for some inexplicable reason, is going to stumble down the stretch even though we know they have a good coach and were able to play under pressure well enough to get to the SB last year (something we could not do).

It sounds more like someone's hopes and dreams than reasonable analysis. I suppose you could point out that SF has not been solid on the road this year, but you could counter with the truth that it was missing over half its passing offense for over half the year too. So the numbers are a bit misleading.

I would be very shocked to see SF go into a tailspin with how close they are now to a playoff slot.

Good post... I agree completely. All that being said, the Hawks need to move on from this and take care of the final 3 games.

Giedi

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":zq66v3mw said:
Largent80":zq66v3mw said:
I hope we get to play them at home again.... :twisted:

Me too, as far as I am concerned, they are the most favorable matchup for the Hawks. I would feel comfortable with the Hawks playing them again in SF, in the Clink? The beatings will continue eternally. They wanted "blood" as they stated before the game. They have been embarrassed nationally by the Hawks twice and instead of blood, they essentially scratched the bully, then ran into the principal's office.

School's out bitches.
Loafo buddie, I don't necessarily disagree. You guys are tough in your home field. But the playoffs are a different animal than the regular season. It's going to be a good game. I know you predict a win for the 'Hawks. I predict the opposit.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Ninerg":2qc5adnr said:
loafoftatupu":2qc5adnr said:
Ad Hawk":2qc5adnr said:
austinslater25":2qc5adnr said:
After this game I feel even more confident about a rematch in Seattle. I think we win 70% of the time in San Fran. They deserved the win but honestly after watching that game I think we win that game almost every time. A flukey run by Gore and a horribly officiated game(against both teams) ruined that game. Kaep is horrible too. Feeling good about the Seahawks especially after seeing how N.O and Carolina look on the road against good teams.

History says we win far less in San Fran than 70%; in fact, we haven't actually won there in years, and didn't with this year's stacked team. I'm not saying we cannot, but 70% is crazy optimistic.

History of what?

Here is the deal. Under Wilson, the Hawks just get better. The guy has only played there twice, first time he struggled pretty hard. Yesterday he chose his battles and actually performed only to have some penalties bring back some plays. There is no denying that he was in great control of the game though, especially considering the desperate nature of the Niners. The Hawks had the lead in that game several times. The Niners haven't had a lead in the Clink since 2011. I think Russell lost his last game in SF for a long time. Let the streak begin.

I don't think Seattle has lost their last game to the Niners with Wilson as their QB. Kap and the Niners will be better next season. I knew this would be a down year for the Niners. The Niners still have a bunch of pics in the 2014 draft, which we will no doubt draft a deep threat receiver.

WR has been the Niner's Achilles heel for a long time. They need to quit trying to patch it with expensive free agents and devote a top draft choice to it. The same can be said for the Hawks IMO.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1top714g said:
Ad Hawk":1top714g said:
austinslater25":1top714g said:

History of what?

History doesn't have to be long, and RW has already lost 2 games there; that's less than 70%, and using that as an indicator, I cannot envision us ever reaching 70% win ration with our currently, fairly-evenly matched teams. Watching the game, and looking at the stats, Wilson didn't have the same success we've seen at home,; I'd say that "great control" is an overstatement, as reflected in the pass he threw at an open Tate's feet.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
SF will fold like a house of cards. It took their last vapors in the tank to get a W out of us. They're toast, fish food. ...

;)

seahawks08

Reaction score
we will mostly get Philadelphia at home, not SF. SF goes to philly and loses is my take on it. I am purely predicting, but I feel Philly is a hard team to beat unless we get them at home.

13thMan

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain we will see SF again in the playoffs... Fact is, they can beat any team in the East or North, regardless of where it's played. All that said, I think Philly would take more of an effort than would Dallas or Detroit, just because of the style of play and the elements.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RiverDog":19l0bc7j said:
WR has been the Niner's Achilles heel for a long time. They need to quit trying to patch it with expensive free agents and devote a top draft choice to it. The same can be said for the Hawks IMO.

This only describes the Hawks, and doesn't describe the 9ers. The Hawks haven't drafted a WR high and gave up a first and a blockbuster contract for Harvin. The 9ers haven't done either of those things.

The 9ers DID devote a trop draft choice to WR, it was just a really ch!tty pick (AJ Jenkins).

In turn, they haven't patched with any expensive FAs. They've patched with cheap FAs or FAs that had zero cost that impact their ability to re-sign their players. Randy Moss and Mario Manningham were both left over FAs. Moss got one year for 2.5 million, and Manningham (after restructuring) ended up being 2 years at about 2.2 million per year. As for Boldin, the 49ers gave a 6th for him right before he was going to be cut so they COULD have him on a one year deal. The Ravens couldn't afford his 6 million tag because of Flacco and needed him to restructure or be cut. The 9ers wanted someone to compliment Crabs (who wasn't hurt yet) until Manningham came back, but couldn't afford to dedicate money to him beyond this season, which he would want once the Ravens cut him. As last off-season the 9ers had to clear out cap space for this upcoming off-season by letting Goldson, Walker, Francois, and Soapoaga walk, this was a year where they could take on salary provided it was only for one season. Boldin fit that perfectly.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
As for the rest of the 9ers season, 3-0 is possible, but 2-1 wouldn't surprise me either. Tampa Bay looks MUCH better than they did at the beginning of the season,and the Cardinals, while inconsistent, could beat them too. I think 2-1 still gets them the WC spot, but winning this week definitely took some pressure off (despite the fact that the 9ers still controlled their own destiny, regardless of win or lose yesterday).

Polaris

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1gk7m63x said:
As for the rest of the 9ers season, 3-0 is possible, but 2-1 wouldn't surprise me either. Tampa Bay looks MUCH better than they did at the beginning of the season,and the Cardinals, while inconsistent, could beat them too. I think 2-1 still gets them the WC spot, but winning this week definitely took some pressure off (despite the fact that the 9ers still controlled their own destiny, regardless of win or lose yesterday).

The fact the Niners won allows them to clinch a playoff spot this week (with a fairly reasonable scenario) with a win, and will absolutely clinch it with any two wins regardless of what anyone else does.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Who cares?

Seattle takes care of it's business, then plays whoever earns the right to go to the C-Link. If it's the Niners, great. If not, whoever else.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Scotte, this is truth. We'll be at home in the playoffs, and that should pave our way, against the niners or anyone else.

A

Anonymous

Scottemojo":lwn7j805 said:
Who cares?

Seattle takes care of it's business, then plays whoever earns the right to go to the C-Link. If it's the Niners, great. If not, whoever else.

As far as I'm concerned, this statement is the way it is.

We see them again in the Clink, entirely different story.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Largent80":1qkgmvli said:

As a Niner fan, this is what I'm looking for too. If we can go up to SEA and win, we deserve to go back to the SuperBowl. If we can't, then we don't.

I do hope we can secure the 5th seed so we wouldn't see you until the NFCCG, but that would just be gravy.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
NinerBuff":1q7a6ftc said:
Largent80":1q7a6ftc said:

As a Niner fan, this is what I'm looking for too. If we can go up to SEA and win, we deserve to go back to the SuperBowl. If we can't, then we don't.

I do hope we can secure the 5th seed so we wouldn't see you until the NFCCG, but that would just be gravy.

You are most likely going to play us if you win in the first round. The only way you wouldn't play Seattle is if both wild card teams won and that would be tough.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I see San Fran winning their last 3 to go 12-4 not that it matters given they will have to come up to the Clink and win. Not going to happen.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2ci01c5y said:
NinerBuff":2ci01c5y said:
Largent80":2ci01c5y said:

You are most likely going to play us if you win in the first round. The only way you wouldn't play Seattle is if both wild card teams won and that would be tough.

Eh, if things play out as expected, Carolina and SF will be the wildcards. I think it's pretty easy to envision those teams taking out the NFCE and NFCN representatives.

Hawks46

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":3rjfyldc said:
TB can beat SF.

I think so, they have the defense to do it. Where is the game ? If it's there, then the Bucs have a chance.

ATL is going to get crushed.

ARI and SF will probably be playing for a playoff spot. Both teams have a lot to play for and I don't think the Cards will roll over. They'll close the roof to that place and let it get loud. I've been there, it's louder than Candlestick.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3f6ekol1 said:
seahawk12thman":3f6ekol1 said:
NinerBuff":3f6ekol1 said:
Largent80":3f6ekol1 said:

Eh, if things play out as expected, Carolina and SF will be the wildcards. I think it's pretty easy to envision those teams taking out the NFCE and NFCN representatives.

I think Carolina will struggle vs the Lions. Great passing teams give the Panthers trouble and Stafford and Megatron would cause a lot of match up problems for Carolina. Philadelphia doesn't match up well with the Niners.

Latest posts