The full OLine reset draft…..building for Coach X in 2026

olyfan63

Reaction score
I like the idea of beefing up and deepening the O-Line, but I'm as/more concerned about how our defensive front 7 get pushed around. We need some beef, power, and speed in that front 7. If we extend Leonard Williams and get a healthy Ochenna Nwosu back, that helps, but Bobby isn't getting any younger and we just need more horses.

That said, I hope the Seahawks wind up with a couple of the OL guys in this mock draft. Tackle depth was a horrible problem this past season.

toffee

Reaction score
Cross is sort of ok, kind of mediocre, but not unserviceable. On PFF, in 2023, he's #3 (67.6) LT from class 2022, behind Bernhard Raimann at #1 (82.3), and Braxton Jones at #2 (68.7). Cross often couldn't stop the edge rusher after contact, may be he needs to get stronger? In 2022, Cross was #6, so there's that. I am not ready to give up on Cross yet.

Lucas was better than Cross in their rookie year, with his knee, not sure about his future.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Cross is sort of ok, kind of mediocre, but not unserviceable. On PFF, in 2023, he's #3 (67.6) LT from class 2022, behind Bernhard Raimann at #1 (82.3), and Braxton Jones at #2 (68.7). Cross often couldn't stop the edge rusher after contact, may be he needs to get stronger? In 2022, Cross was #6, so there's that. I am not ready to give up on Cross yet.

Lucas was better than Cross in their rookie year, with his knee, not sure about his future.
Yeah, I agree.

Cross, for as high as he was drafted, hasn’t done played great but isn’t bad.

Not sure what his ceiling is….yet.

Lucas, was the better player during their rookie year and now is seemingly always injured or at least with a knee that keeps getting reaggravated, which, is NOT a good sign this early in his career….I am also not confident in his outlook, so I would be compelled to draft two more tackles honestly….

Guards for Seattle has been terrible since what James Carpenter??? Seems like the Seahawks cannot draft serviceable or decent guards in forever…..I would also draft additional guards as well.

A total rebuild of both the offensive and defensive lines (as it has been attempted to do so) in like the last 8 years is necessary….

This is so frustrating.

In the last 8 years, you couldn’t build a good offensive or defensive line???

This is probably one of the reasons many on .NET do not have any faith in this front office…

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
If we are running it back with Pete and Geno, then I am in favor of an OL heavy draft. Build up the line for the next coach/QB. I would love a trade down to grab a 2nd and try to grab the C from Georgia. Then maybe a G/T guy who can step in if Lucas truly has degenerative knee issues.

Liquid99

Reaction score
A lot of fans seem to think we should draft Oline help when we allow almost every team to run for 200 against us. I'd rather see 2 big nasty run stuffers before we draft Oline. Then dump Dremont/Adams/Diggs & Dissly and use that money for other free agents.

toffee

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree.

Cross, for as high as he was drafted, hasn’t done played great but isn’t bad.

Not sure what his ceiling is….yet.

Lucas, was the better player during their rookie year and now is seemingly always injured or at least with a knee that keeps getting reaggravated, which, is NOT a good sign this early in his career….I am also not confident in his outlook, so I would be compelled to draft two more tackles honestly….

Guards for Seattle has been terrible since what James Carpenter??? Seems like the Seahawks cannot draft serviceable or decent guards in forever…..I would also draft additional guards as well.

A total rebuild of both the offensive and defensive lines (as it has been attempted to do so) in like the last 8 years is necessary….

This is so frustrating.

In the last 8 years, you couldn’t build a good offensive or defensive line???

This is probably one of the reasons many on .NET do not have any faith in this front office…

It would be hard if not impossible to get bunch of OL help in a single draft, with that, I like to think Cross will carry on as our LT, or even RT, Olu to step in as C, Lewis will probably be gone with Haynes. So we will have as leftover starters Cross, and Olu. Leftover backups, Lucas, Haynes, Bradford, Stone, Curhan.

We may not want to and may not have cap to sign a star LT, but if we could, perhaps move Cross to LG, or RT?

I think we could sign two linemen, and draft one. Hopefully, we sign a legit LT, and move Cross to LG, that way, we are solid on the left side, with some luck Lucas makes a comeback, then all we need is a legit RG, which is easier and cheaper to acquire.

Latest posts